The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at New York Rangers | Oct. 20, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

2 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I think it's healthy to criticize a clear negative that could have lost us the points, even if we won the game.

We're very lucky that we won.

I wouldn’t say we’re very lucky. They earned that win. Luck had nothing to do with it.

If that were the case you could say the Rangers were lucky we let them back in the game.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

But being critical because they "stopped skating" without considering why is a bit unfair, that's all.

No one's freaking out and we did win the game.  The third was ugly but being critical of a team is one thing...being unrealistic in what they can do, physically and under the circumstances, is another.

It's ok to be critical.  I'm being critical of your assessment of things...because there are reasons they stopped skating.  Their legs were jelly at that point and they gave it what they could.   Context is important when being critical.  

I agree they were tired, I'm just not buying that's the only reason our third was bad.

We stopped skating.

Edited by Tystick

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

I think it's healthy to criticize a clear negative that could have lost us the points, even if we won the game.

We're very lucky that we won.

Criticism is fine if it's logical, ignoring the fact it's the second game on a back to back against a fresh team that has lost 3 straight and chalking it up to complacency is laughable at best. 

New York has a good top 6 and their backs are against the wall they're not going to go down easy especially against a tired team. That is all. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Tystick said:

I'm just saying they stopped skating, you guys can beat this to death if you want.

I will be critical when necessary, even if we win.

Once again, if Marky didn't win this game for us, everyone on these boards would be freaking out right now.

Not sure how any of us could argue the Canucks stopped moving in the third.  They did stop.

They destroyed the Rangers in the first two periods and it could have been 6 - 0 instead of 3 - 0. Not sure what happened in the 3rd....some here are blaming fatigue. I put some blame on the 10am pacific starts (2 in a row).

Doesn't matter at the end of the day. We won and got 2 points.  What an insane game lol.

• Cheers 1

We hit Detroit on Tuesday, then have a 2 day breather before next game Friday.

Another win on this trip would sure be nice. I'd put Gaudette back in, since we looked pretty spent after these last 2 games... but I have a feeling the team is at least contemplating leaving him in NY.

4 minutes ago, Viper007 said:

If you don't know how much energy is exerted on a back to back game then nobody can help you.  They didn't have enough energy in the third.  That's why they played that way.  Do you think that Green wants the canucks to play that way in the third, when even he says the first 2 periods were the best he's seen his team play since he's been coach.  I think you're one of those people who will never be satisfied with anything unless they play perfectly (which no team ever does).  There's always gonna be a complaint about something.

Uh yeah I'm complaining because if it wasn't for Markstrom we would not have won this game.

Not buying it, the New Jersey game was broken hockey.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I wouldn’t say we’re very lucky. They earned that win. Luck had nothing to do with it.

If that were the case you could say the Rangers were lucky we let them back in the game.

Markstrom made MASSIVE saves in the third.

We were lucky.

Just now, Tystick said:

We don't deserve a thing if we surrender the period to the Rangers.

We're lucky.

They're lucky one period of good play was enough to even get them close. Could only imagine how miserable you'd be if we lost. Got the W move on. 

Just now, Tystick said:

Markstrom made MASSIVE saves in the third.

We were lucky.

So did Lundqvist, they were lucky it wasn't 5-0 after 1. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Tystick said:

Uh yeah I'm complaining because if it wasn't for Markstrom we would not have won this game.

Not buying it, the New Jersey game was broken hockey.

Markstrom outplayed Lundqvist.  News flash:  If a goaltender outplays the other, most likely that goaltender will win.  Just because the game was "broken hockey" doesn't mean it doesn't take energy to play in it.  It was a fairly chippy game.  I don't even think that game was "broken" as you put it.  The Canucks didn't capitalize on their PP chances, and NJ blocked A LOT of shots.

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

Criticism is fine if it's logical, ignoring the fact it's the second game on a back to back against a fresh team that has lost 3 straight and chalking it up to complacency is laughable at best. 

New York has a good top 6 and their backs are against the wall they're not going to go down easy especially against a tired team. That is all. 

It's logical to suggest there was another factor at play, then to just chalk up to 'we were tired'.