The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why we aren't playing Louie...silly answers only.

Rate this topic

danjr

11 minutes ago, Nuxfanabroad said:

According to The Stories:

She was Black! as the night

LouiE was whiter than white

Danger, danger when ya taste brown sugar

LouiE saw his game fall to blight

Arrived Green, on the scene

LouiE was fit just to scream

Went yappin' off to a fat reporter

Situation turned like Gangrene!

LouiE, LouiE LouiE, Lou-why?

LouiE LouiE Loui. Lou-waah

Loui, yer cap-hit's sky-high!

Great soul song!

• Cheers 1

this whole scenario will soon sort itself

there are going to have to be more hard decisions made soon - Gauds - Rous in a few weeks

Something has to give - hope JB can find homes for some of our extra forwards - although I am sure injuries will soon rear their ugly heads

15 minutes ago, 6string said:

Great soul song!

But should I spell Gang-Green?!

edit: Absolutely 6S..Brother Louie by the Stories just more evidence that the musical 70's should be magically-encapsulated. Just love the diversity of 70's hits

Edited by Nuxfanabroad
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, smithers joe said:

he is still a human being. how would you feel if people kept phoning your family and ripping you and making jokes about you. i wouldn’t like it. louie gave us what he had. it wasn’t good enough but that doesn’t make him a bad guy. JB gave him the contract. it was a mistake but not louie’s fault. i know that as i got older, my skills deteriorated each year. now i don’t have any. i won’t disrespect louie. i’ll treat him like a human being. 

I think that the real problem is not his deteriorating skills but the perception (whether right or wrong) that he didn't put forth enough effort here.  His decline was immediate upon arrival.

I am one of those people that feel alot of his problems were lack of effort.....not really being engaged and invested in the Vancouver Canucks .

That said I still find this thread a little distasteful. 

51 minutes ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

It was a quiet Saturday morning in July when it first happened. Louie was lacing up his skates for the morning drills he was putting himself through in order to get into game shape for the upcoming season. He was hoping to be able to contribute more than he had the previous year and was committed to getting himself into the best shape humanly possible before the upcoming season started. As he was lacing up his skates he suddenly felt a sharp pain in his temple. He winced, and as he did one of the nearby lockers swung open. As the pain subsided he looked at the locker, perplexed. "What had just happened?", he thought to himself, before continuing to lace his skates.

Later that day, as he had finished his drills and he was getting in his car to go home, he felt another pain in his temple. This one was even more severe. This time he forced himself to keep his eyes open and focus on his surroundings. He gasped in amazement as his car suddenly lifted a foot off the ground, as if by magic, before dropping back to the pavement with a loud thud. Louie was absolutely baffled, but knowing nobody would believe him, he got into his car and drove home as if nothing had happened.

The following few months were uneventful. No more strange incidents had occurred and Louie had just gone through a rigorous training camp. The first game of the season was upon the Canucks and they were facing the Edmonton Oilers in their home opener. Louie knew it would be a tough game, but he was ready for it. All of the training he had done in the offseason was about to pay off. Louie was the last player to leave the dressing room and head to the ice. As he was about to head out, he felt that same pain in his temple yet again. It was intense....searing pain. Suddenly, every locker in the room swung open. Even those that were locked burst open with force. Louie, knowing this was neither the time nor place, decided to ignore it once again and head out for the game. 

The game ended and Louie, along with the rest of his teammates headed back to the locker room. They did their postgame interviews and headed out. As the locker room cleared out, again, Louie was the last one to leave. As he was about to exit, a fan entered the locker room area. He had obviously snuck in and Louie was in no mood to talk. He graciously signed an autograph anyways, but the fan kept asking him for more autographs and more pictures. Louie was getting fed up. Finally, in a burst of anger, Louie exclaimed "ENOUGH!". As he did, the fan floated into the air and was flung across the locker room. As this happened the entire room began to shake. Lockers were swinging back and forth wildly. Louie couldn't stop it. He couldn't control it.

Travis Green, who was still in the arena, heard the ruckus and rushed to see what was going on. As he entered the locker room, he was horrified to find Louie floating in the air. Bolts of electricity were flashing all around him. His eyes were blood red. Travis didn't know what to do. Not thinking, he ran to Louie and grabbed him. He shook him and yelled "Louie, what's happening to you!?". Louie then collapsed to the ground, physically and emotionally drained. "I.....I don't know!" he muttered, before Travis knelt down beside him and gave him a big hug. "It's going to be OK. We'll get you the help you need". 

The next day Travis and Louie visited a scientist. The scientist explained that, for the time being, it was probably best if Louie were contained at a secluded site where he could his symptoms could be studied. If his ailment couldn't be cured, they could at least find a way for him to control his new powers. But for now, it was for his own good and for the safety of those around him that he be kept at a secure location until further progress could be made, and that's where Louie is to this day. 

OMG thank you for that.  What a great read, you kept the suspense up right until the end.  Great job.
To bad Louie couldn't keep the suspense up, that ended first game as a Canuck.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1