The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who is your all time favorite Canuck? (Poll/Discussion)

Rate this topic

J.I.A.H.N

Who is your favorite all time Canuck  

137 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Bure, it's not even close.

I started following the team in the 70's was super excited when I watched my first playoff game against the Flyers in the Spectum. We were tough, hard nosed but other than Gradin no one could score.

In 89 we played the Flames in the first round. In OT in game 7 Smyl (who I loved) had a breakaway, Vernon made the glove save, but he never really looked like he was gonna score.

Fast forward to 1994 Bure is in the same situation, he sends the puck, Vernon, and a defenceman into the net. It was never in doubt! Thats the difference between good and great players.

Bure was a superstar from his first shift as a 20yo and I would argue we have never had one since (Petterson may be the next one). He absolutely bossed the league for 3-4 years until he destoyed his knees. You had to be around at that time to appreciate how phenominal he was after 2 decades of pain as a fan. He's the best offensive player after Lemieux and Gretzky I have ever seen but deserves to be mentioned in the same breath as the 2 greatest of all time.

Honorable mention to Lumme, Gradin, Tanti, Smyl, Linden, WCE and the Twins. I loved Glen Hanlon as well I rememer him standing on his head in Montreal (2-0 loss should of been 7 or 8)

Saying that our future is looking bright and this group might be the one to finally bring it all home 

Edited by theochar