The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 22, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Only in goals really.

His playmaking has been excellent.

He's just playing too much like Hank. Kid's gotta get selfish or he'll never get the respect he deserves

You can tell that his timing is off and it is frustrating that hell out of him. He's hasn't been able to pick corners like he was last year - usually missing the net or making an easy for the goaltender. Once he feels comfortable again, he will likely start firing on all cylinders and pepper the net with his laser shot. Maybe the extra muscle he gained over the summer is throwing him off! haha

• Like 1
  • Cheers 3

3 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

More than what a more proven Schneider got us?

Teams are going to know we have to unload one of them and why.

They aren't going to be inclined to help us out at a fair price.

Sad but true.  Schneider holds the record for highest draft pick ever for a goalie trade....they just don’t get the same returns given how few jobs there are and how many guys waiting for a shot.  Demko is viewed as a primo prospect/rookie so you never know.   We can keep both of them (although we could make a deal with them or just leave one less player protected and protect them both)...that’s another option.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, HomeBrew said:

You can tell that his timing is off and it is frustrating that hell out of him. He's hasn't been able to pick corners like he was last year - usually missing the net or making an easy for the goaltender. Once he feels comfortable again, he will likely start firing on all cylinders and pepper the net with his laser shot. Maybe the extra muscle he gained over the summer is throwing him off! haha

He carried the Canucks so much last year, a disc probably slipped loose. 

I suggest heading down to Fortius Health and getting a series of readjustments from one of their chiropractors.

Once that disks back in place, he'll be sniping them in no time. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

Waive Erikkson, bring up Goldy?

Goldy with Petey and Miller

Brock Bo and Pearsson?

Leivo sits.

Couldn't hurt I guess but, team is winning,  maybe we should just give them time to gel. 

Goldy is available for us anytime. 

I want to see more of Leivo, Bo and Jake, thought they looked really good when they were together in the 3rd, be interesting to see if they throw them out together the next game.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Sign Marky to a four year $5MM to $5.5MM contract and protect Demko for the expansion draft. If Seattle takes Marky so be it but chances are they don't and the Canucks will have a solid goalie tandem for the next 2 to 3 years until one of Marky or Demko get moved.

that will probably be the best option. I really don't want to lose Demko.

• Cheers 1

When Det made it 2 diddley I was po'ed. Went out to do some needed errands. Came back to the house just before lunch, & turned on pc..It's 2-2! :^)

Settled in to watch the best 15 mins remaining, that one could imagine. That sequence(def/off) by EP?! Virt waking up(as I was nagging him pre-game)?..Then Bo's hatty!

You just GOTTA' love this team!

• Upvote 2