The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 22, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

I am loving the team, the record, the goaltending, and the crazy good performances in Utica.  I think the fact that people, mostly media, keep finding issues with the Canucks whose PK is great, have won 6 of the last 7, have scoring from the d, and have a top line scoring at a ppg rate, just shows how good they could really be.  

I will predict that they will finish 6th in the West, with 93 pts.  They will get great goaltending and be a very tough 1st round opponent.

• Upvote 3

Gotta love coming out with 2 wins in the last 3 games when you only score in 2 out of 9 periods of hockey!

Also, like that now that the demands of Jake from us aren't quite as high, he's getting some looks on the 2nd line, and looked pretty good out there. It's only one goal, but if he's playing in such a way that he's actually starting to get more trust from Green and earning ice time with Bo, maybe even Petey and Brock, then maybe we could see Jake sneak his way up to being a 20 goal scorer. Like I said, it's only one, but he's still got the tools to pull something like that off, so long as he earns the coach's confidence, that's always been the tricky part for him.

• Upvote 4

35 minutes ago, buddyguy said:

After first 14 NHL games:

Rasmus Dahlin - 1 goal, 4 assists and 5 points

Quinn Hughes - 1 goal, 8 assists and 9 points

:bigblush:

You must be related to Alf.

Dahlin started out painfully slow in the NHL and picked up as the season went on.  He had to adjust to NA hockey.

This year he's at a ppg pace.  10g - 10 pts.

Edited by SabreFan1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Roger Neilsons Towel said:

Another poster had previously mentioned stick flex as well. More torque on the stick with the added muscle throwing off his accuracy. Might need to go to a stiffer flex. 

I think Petey changed his skates as well.  So... New stick, skates, more muscle AND first line checkers on him.  He's playing a very good defensive game and he's getting assists.  It Will be interesting to see if he goes back to his old stick and/or skates.  Maybe to much change in to many important areas?  Regardless he's still performing at a high level.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

After 9 games:

2016 (7 home games): 4-4-1 (-7 goal differential)

2017 (4 home games): 5-3-1 (0 goal differential)

2018 (3 home games): 5-4-0 (-2 goal differential)

2019 (3 home games): 6-3-0 (+11 goal differential)

Feels a bit different this year... like, not a fluke?

I'd post a link to an article on The Athletic about how the Canucks have demonstrated that this year's hot start is sustainable but some CDC members would have a hissy fit about it. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crabcakes said:

They're going to have to decide between Markstrom and Demko before the expansion draft because Marky's contract is up. 

So I'm predicting a big goalie trade sometime between now and July 1

If I were GM, I'd sign JM now. Hopefully about 5 x 5 yrs. If he wants to stay, he accepts les$ than he'd get as a UFA signing. With how the team is trending, guessing he'll sign reasonably to play for a solid young team, in a beautiful city.

Then I'd throw a few lines out for TD. Just wait & see if there are any strong bites. If offers up to TDL aren't sufficient, deal him at the draft wknd. Try to pkg a skater, Demko & a 2nd to get another late/mid 1st. It also might alleviate a cap-squeeze(say it were a guy like Pearson).

• Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

After 9 games:

2016 (7 home games): 4-4-1 (-7 goal differential)

2017 (4 home games): 5-3-1 (0 goal differential)

2018 (3 home games): 5-4-0 (-2 goal differential)

2019 (3 home games): 6-3-0 (+11 goal differential)

Feels a bit different this year... like, not a fluke?

Well said! 

3rd best goal differential in the league. 

This team is STACKED. 

anything short of 3 cups this decade would be a shocker imo. Dynasty! 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

You must be related to Alf.

Dahlin started out painfully slow in the NHL and picked up as the season went on.  He had to adjust to NA hockey.

This year he's at a ppg pace.  10g - 10 pts.

Buff also played lights-out last Nov, SF1(don't get too high). It's possible 50% of their guys are upping their games, so Van might try & obtain them?! :^)

10 minutes ago, apollo said:

Well said! 

3rd best goal differential in the league. 

This team is STACKED. 

anything short of 3 cups this decade would be a shocker imo. Dynasty! 

Dude you said this about the team five years ago too.

we are not stacked we keep beating up bottom feeders.

• Haha 2