The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 22, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

20 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

After 9 games:

2016 (7 home games): 4-4-1 (-7 goal differential)

2017 (4 home games): 5-3-1 (0 goal differential)

2018 (3 home games): 5-4-0 (-2 goal differential)

2019 (3 home games): 6-3-0 (+11 goal differential)

Feels a bit different this year... like, not a fluke?

Completely agree. Also in the last 2 years, even though the Canucks were winning games early on, I always look at the roster and it does not convince me that the team has enough depth and skill to sustain it for a full season. This year, it feels different. This team's got better depth and better defense. It is also a team with more speed, skill and size.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Gotta love the losers over at HF Canucks.   80% of them are trying to make excuses.......as to why we won.    Talk about a clueless and idiotic group of people that have completely lost the plot of what it means to be a fan.  #Benningsux

To be fair wasn’t the greatest game. 1st and 2nd were really bad. Markstrom saved our ass today, and he’s done that a lot this season so far. Team needs to start playing a full 60 minutes.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Gotta love the losers over at HF Canucks.   80% of them are trying to make excuses.......as to why we won.    Talk about a clueless and idiotic group of people that have completely lost the plot of what it means to be a fan.  #Benningsux

They hate themselves, so they have to make the rest of the world miserable.

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Shirotashi said:

Character come back win by the boys. Second lowest goals allowed? Whaaaatttt? 3rd highest goals for?

Crazy Talk!

3rd highest goals for while being shutout twice already.

1 hour ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

Just a bunch of hopeless and clueless idiots over there that have completely lost the plot.   I really shouldn’t even be talking about them since they belong to a completely different board, but it just boggles my mind.  

3-4 years ago, many of the posters there predicted that the Canucks would miss the playoffs for the next ten years, and that Benning and company were the dumbest and most incompetent group of hockey minds in the league.

Now that the Canucks are threatening their stance, they are getting worried.   They would rather be “proven right” and see the Canucks fail, as opposed to being “proven wrong” and seeing the Canucks succeed.  A lot of those guys are cult followers of JD Burke and simply go around spewing the same negativity that JD Burke spews.   It’s just so irritating and disappointing.

JD Burke is a loser lol. If I ever see him in real life I will punch him in his face .

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, luckylager said:

@Jimmy McGill , they locked the thread before I could reply -

Re: Black Magic

It's a must try. Lots of dark, malty flavour with a light, easy drinking body. Frothy head, hints of nut and chocolate, but finishes extremely clean and is very sessionable.

@arsenalian

I went through a lot of Tiger Shark this summer. Too much actually. Their new one "Glitter Bomb" is a bit Sharky. Try er out.

And thanks, my growler is &^@#ing wicked, I agree.

black magic is ok im more a hoyne darkmatter and pilsner fan  theres to many good breweries in vic 

• Cheers 1

5 hours ago, WHL rocks said:

Yup!

JB better lock him up soon. Just hope it's not for longer than 4 or 5 yrs. He'll be 30 yrs old in couple of months. 

Trade Demko for a top 6 power forward and let's win a round or two in playoffs.

why would we trade demko hes young hes cheap and great  marky is good but demko is going nowhere

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Kosmo Kramer said:

That's not going to be enough money at this rate.  I was hoping around that same price tag, I'm starting to think 6mil will be the starting point.

Ya probably a good chance of that but I think his age does play a role and Marky seems like location might be more important than extra dollars (if over six million, there are some other veteran free agents available in 2020).

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, 5nothincanucksohno said:

Ya probably a good chance of that but I think his age does play a role and Marky seems like location might be more important than extra dollars (if over six million, there are some other veteran free agents available in 2020).

Hopefully he takes a team friendly deal I agree.  He may not have reached his potential without the Canucks, maybe he will take less to stay.