The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Vancouver Canucks at Detroit Red Wings | Oct. 22, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

15 hours ago, MattJVD said:

We lost in 2012 because Keith took our best goal scorer out. We were 1 win, 1 OT loss with Danny in the line up. 0-3 without him

I think it was that teams found out how to beat us from Boston the year before. We were 1 dimensional and could not play the rough and tough, tight checking type of hockey. Ferlund and Calgary did it to us too. The good thing? We are no longer that team.::D

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

I think it was that teams found out how to beat us from Boston the year before. We were 1 dimensional and could not play the rough and tough, tight checking type of hockey. Ferlund and Calgary did it to us too. The good thing? We are no longer that team.::D

The Loser Leafs and Tbay made changes to their rosters last summer to get heavier and harder to play against.  We are now a bigger and harder to play against group too.  Hockey has been, and always will be, a very tough game.  Fancey players need to be tough too, if they want to exist in the playoffs.  I don't mean having to fight to be tough.  It's about playing the right way, and being hard to play against that makes a guy tough.  

Edited by Alflives
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Phat Fingers said:

With how Markstrom is playing, there is no way JB is going to let him walk without a serious offer.  

Markstrom seems to be a real team guy has finally found success.  I see him wanting to stay.  

Unless we lose one to expansion I don't see an issue.  

IMO the club will likely trade with Seattle to protect both guys atm.  I see Stecher as the likely expansion give away.  

In fact if the club looks like it will lose one to expansion I would rather move Demko for another prospect, pick or to facilitate shedding Erikssons deal.  

Dallas, how about Demko, Stecher and Eriksson for Honka and a cap dump.  

Markstrom sure has been good, hard to want to let him go.

Demko being younger and potentially just as good is a consideration too,  depends on how that potential does over the next couple seasons here.

I wonder what it would take to get seattle to pick Eriksson.

36 minutes ago, EdgarM said:

5d1a747ad1e12.image.jpg?resize=400,277canucks-14.jpg1174222028.jpeg&

4XJhCq1jLgLrqpjW.jpg

5 hours ago, EdgarM said:

They may have "figured it out" but we were still a 50 win team with other teams knowing how to play against us. The difference was (imo) taking the reigning Art Ross and Lidsay trophy winner off an already top heavy team. 

• 2 weeks later...