The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Okay, Save the Laffs..PLEASE!

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Shanny has to fire this GM if nothing changes by the Xmas break. 

The management of this roster is embarrassing that franchise. 

I believe the Dubas tenure will go down in history and for all the wrong reasons. I will include Shanaplan in this fail. TO had great pieces in place to move into contendor territory but Shanahan and Dubas have messed it up royally. They got rid of Hunter and Lamarillio in favour of an NHL Xbox dweeb. Put the perfect aged, experienced goalie on waivers, a series of awfull signings, a stupid trade for Barrie. Barrie isn't what they needed and wasted a great trade chip in Kadri for a one year rental of a dman they have no hope of re-signing. The media is to blame as well for trumpeting every move as genius. Heck, the latest is the media talking how its no problem playing goalies  back to backs! The entire leugue aims for a quality tandem but no not in TO, they are differnt, lol. Burn TO burn, I'm loving every moment of this crap show.

Edited by rekker
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’d be looking to get Jones out of Columbus in a package deal of roster players.

Ya. But if I'm the Blue Jackets what would I want? TO has no first to trade,  Nylander is  figure skater more than a hockey player. I'd want AM if I'm Columbus. If TO would have looked at this kind of option this summer before trading Kadri I think they would look way better. JT and Kadri as one-two centres. Jones-Rielly your first pairing. May even have had money leftover for a real backup lol.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’d be looking to get Jones out of Columbus in a package deal of roster players.

I wouldn't be surprised if Harry Pott.....I mean Kyle Dubas tries to swing a trade with LA to get Doughty. Jones would be a more sensible target, as would Parayko, but this is Dumb....I mean Dubas we're talking about.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, rekker said:

Ya. But if I'm the Blue Jackets what would I want? TO has no first to trade,  Nylander is  figure skater more than a hockey player. I'd want AM if I'm Columbus. If TO would have looked at this kind of option this summer before trading Kadri I think they would look way better. JT and Kadri as one-two centres. Jones-Rielly your first pairing. May even have had money leftover for a real backup lol.

I’m not selling anything here, but as a quasi proposal, we should begin to consider and evaluate each roster.

Both lack what the other has. 

One has finesse, the other heavy muscle. 

Their D compositions are also opposites. 

There are good good players on both sides to facilitate a hockey trade with. 

Underperforming Wennberg is a massive talent and a Center, for instance. 

I don’t think draft picks are the real currency here. Roster players are. 

Can you imagine a Leafs roster with Jenner or Anderson plus a Jones, Savard or? 

The Leafs needs Dmen and guts.

Columbus needs skill and firepower. AM and WN, for instance would supply that. 

Spitballing... not working out details. That’s for GMs who know what’s in play, not us hacks guessing at hypotheticals. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I’m not selling anything here, but as a quasi proposal, we should begin to consider and evaluate each roster.

Spitballing... not working out details. That’s for GMs who know what’s in play, not us hacks guessing at hypotheticals. 

Yep, trade Matthews for a real #1 D plus a roster forward.

Trade Nylander for a comparable center to replace Matthews.

But those contracts S T I N K.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, xereau said:

Yep, trade Matthews for a real #1 D plus a roster forward.

Trade Nylander for a comparable center to replace Matthews.

But those contracts S T I N K.

In a year or two, they’ll probably look better as prices continue to rise. 

Nylander is still a great player, he looks like he’s back to form too. 

Time to strike! 

We need some entertainment in the form of big hockey trades. 

Harry Potter can save us all. 

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Seeing this team implode is making me feel all warm and fuzzy right now. They're as overrated as a team gets in this league. Dubas is proving to be just as overrated as the team he's turning into a joke is.

Suck it Laff Nation. Suck it hard!

Wait until mcdavid asks for a trade and all those crying oiler fans ha

going to be nice being a Canucks fan again :) 

then add in the drama going on with the flames ha 

go nucks go ha

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

I suspect my old proposal of Bouchard for Demko and Goldy is a no-go.

The fantasy of Horvat for Brady Tkachuk definitely is now that fans have a sense of who that kid is and will become. 

you enjoy unattainable fantasies I guess :lol:

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you enjoy unattainable fantasies I guess :lol:

It was this time last year and prior that I was pitching that one, while running for cover from all the flak about how that would be an awful trade.

I understood why, with the centre position and potential captain thing.

Value wise though, I was surprised to learn that the majority forum was unanimously projecting Horvat to be the better player, period. 

For a rebuilding Canucks team, building a core and missing that coarse growl that BT would bring, I thought it would be an easier sell. 

Would the Leafs want one or two of our crippled D and Horvat for AM? 

:picard:

We’re not a suitable trade partner at all. 

I also think AM is an incredible talent, but that he will also be consistently hurt or playing hurt. He’s already missing games. 

I’d rather watch the Leafs waste the young superstars they have, just like I have with the Coilers. It’s made the rebuild years somewhat more fun. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

For sure, and the players mentioned 

make sense. AM will get you quality back but does Dubas have the balls to do it? WN has some value, ballet on ice though. I agree though that the pieces are there but in the end I dont think Seth Jones goes for anything less than AM. Nylander though could get you a gritty Anderson or a Jenner or both. Werenski could be a possibility as well.

Edited by rekker

This dumped, smouldering pile of mulch is indeed in a snowballing quandary, of humonGOUS-big proportions. & as folks have mentioned, media is certainly complicit, helping serve up this sh**-sandwich to the misled Hogtown hoi polloi.

'Dem ****ers trolled us over the two Lo/u contracts, amidst other childish antics. This revenge dish served, will match the coldness of the coming eastern arctic-winter! Sell Maple Fleas, (good luck) with pricey merchandise resembling bargain bin quality.

• Cheers 1