The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Okay, Save the Laffs..PLEASE!

Rate this topic

2 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

Imagine having Kyle Dubas as ur gm...:lol:

As Canucks fan, I hope they sign him to a VEEERY long term contract because he is the perfect GM for a team in the center of the universe and GREAT JOB so far - 4 players costing almost 40 million of the cap.  Too bad, he forgot about the cap.

Edited by ShawnAntoski

40 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

As Canucks fan, I hope they sign him to a VEEERY long term contract because he is the perfect GM for a team in the center of the universe and GREAT JOB so far - 4 players costing almost 40 million of the cap.  Too bad, he forgot about the cap.

They dont even have enough cap space to sign a decent backup...just imagine if Andersson gets injured lol

2 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

They dont even have enough cap space to sign a decent backup...just imagine if Andersson gets injured lol

I don't know what your talking about, the Leafs are trending to be a perrenial powerhouse as long as Dubas is the GM.  Hoping the Leafs, will sign THIS TREND SETTING GM to a veeery long extension - Go Laffs !!!!!!

confused gary coleman GIF

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Would be something if we managed to snag someone like Nylander away from TO. Would look gnarly on the PP and with Petey.

We don't really have the pieces for it though.

Nylander is talented but too soft for the playoffs - based on his past performances...

Edited by ShawnAntoski

21 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

Imagine having Kyle Dubas as ur gm...:lol:

The oilers might had preferred him over Chia and as a Canuck fan, that is another situation I was hoping to continue.   After looking at the Leafs cap situation at Capfriendly, would make a video game GM blush..

Edited by ShawnAntoski

13 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Nylander is talented but too soft for the playoffs - based on his past performances...

True but we got a good balance of physical/two-way forwards that are strong on the puck. These type of guys give skilled players room. Also Petey might do really well with a skilled teammate. Never know really and the Canucks do need more dynamic skill to help them become a better team.

Moot point though. We don't really have the pieces to give up for him.

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Would be something if we managed to snag someone like Nylander away from TO. Would look gnarly on the PP and with Petey.

We don't really have the pieces for it though.

I'd way rather have Kapanen. Nylander is a ballerina on skates. 

• Cheers 1

In a parallel universe i'd be very interested to see how the their big contract situation would have worked out if Lou was still in charge.

The optics on those deals look pretty bad on Dubas and the implication around the league with how he handed those dollars out will be felt on many franchises in the future.  Whether that is a good thing or a bad thing (younger players getting paid earlier)  has yet to be seen....give it a few more years and we will see how many more massively payed floaters are cruising around the perimeter trying to pot their 20-25 goals from the dot.

On 12/6/2019 at 12:42 AM, Junkyard Dog said:

True but we got a good balance of physical/two-way forwards that are strong on the puck. These type of guys give skilled players room. Also Petey might do really well with a skilled teammate. Never know really and the Canucks do need more dynamic skill to help them become a better team.

Moot point though. We don't really have the pieces to give up for him.

Not having the pieces to acquire Nylander might be a blessing in disguise ...

15 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

The latest Nathan Mackinnen statement where he said he would take another discount on his next contract if it meant helping the team win must really sting in Toronto. 

If he does, then good on him but it would still be a huge cap hit.  Hypothetically, I believe he knows that he is underpaid if you based it on the amount of his yearly avg (6.3 till 22-23) but the value of the contract is still 45 million.  If he signed for a year or two less, then that contract would be more inline with the likes of Aho; although, somewhat underpaid for a player of his calibre.  Perhaps he will sign a high value contract (like his current deal) with term to make the yearly cap hit manageable ?

22 minutes ago, ShawnAntoski said:

Not having the pieces to acquire Nylander might be a blessing in disguise ...

Would it really cost that much?

6.5 million worth of hole fillers.

need :

a backup goalie

a rugged defensive winger

a defensive defenceman

as long as the cap hit is the same that would be the cost of Nylander.