Sign in to follow this  
Nuxfanabroad

Okay, Save the Laffs..PLEASE!

Rate this topic

22 hours ago, Toyotasfan said:

The latest Nathan Mackinnen statement where he said he would take another discount on his next contract if it meant helping the team win must really sting in Toronto. 

More than likely what he means is a contract that is similar to his current deal or Crosbys' current deal - a high value contract with term to bring the annual cap hit to a manageable value.  

Crosby: 12 for 104 million with a cap hit of 8.3 million.

MacKinnon: 7 for 44.1 million with a cap hit of 6.3 million.

It really depends on the player: some players care more about there legacy than $ - of course MVP type players will potentially have more sources of income and perhaps be or should be more willing to take a pay cut (in my opinion).  For example, players like Jordan and Crosby (just to name a few) are willing to take a pay cut below there market value to win championships to be remembered as champions and with that reputation, the endorsement deals will MORE THAN likely make up for not getting paid there market value. 

I do agree, that it must sting for Toronto that all there young core chose to get there market value or more - Nylander - rather than give some discount through term to help supplement there talented roster and win a cup.  But as fan of the Canucks, I think Dubas did pretty well (4 players making ~ 40 million of there total cap) because I taught they were for sure, going to break there 51 year cup drought but now it is looking more likely that they will have to wait longer and hopefully we get ours before they do.   Go Canucks !!!!!

Edited by ShawnAntoski

14 minutes ago, Toyotasfan said:

Would it really cost that much?

6.5 million worth of hole fillers.

need :

a backup goalie

a rugged defensive winger

a defensive defenceman

as long as the cap hit is the same that would be the cost of Nylander.

If he were to become a Canuck, in my opinion, his value will only be in the regular season and not in the playoffs - based on his past performance.  

Edited by ShawnAntoski
  • Upvote 1
  • Burrows 1

On 12/16/2019 at 10:03 PM, ShawnAntoski said:

Laffs are doing fine and sign Dubas to loooong term contract !!!  

Leafs will always SUCK!

• Like 1

I was about to give credit to the Laffs for pulling their stinkin' corpse outa' the dirt..then they go & skate with that lil' pop tart, Cdn H**O, Beaver(whatever his handle?). Hope the curse of Ace Bailey tumbles down upon these chumps lika' pallet of bricks.

'Dem & their complicit, wh*ring, lackey media can go pound sand. I glance headlines, then look away. Not newsworthy.

Why is Kyle Dubas waiting at the hospital for days with one of thr injured player?? They acting like he got shot and is on life support. Lmfao clown organization

Clown GIF by Team Coco

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

Was that Dec, Keefe-resuscitation, just a dead-cat bounce?! Now slid back again(10th in Conf)..supposedly(media wisdom/insight) the issues are 'tending & immaturity. Key guys gotta pull their pants up, & work in Both zones!