The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Capitals Diwali Night Edition Oct 25 7pm SN1

Rate this topic

Baer.

2 hours ago, LateNightBus said:

A discussion of Markstrom/Demko and opinions on Quinn Hughes, Micheal Ferland:  https://www.sportsnet.ca/650/sportsnets-starting-lineup/canucks-exploring-trade-options-markstrom-demko/ 

Brian Burke speaking further along this feed

MacIntyre brings some sense to the conversation. Sometimes the guy annoys me, but he does make good sense.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Heard on the radio that this is the longest road trip of the Caps season and it's only 5 games??  WTF??  Vancouver is really at disadvantage in terms of travel and taxation.  

That's the reality.  Unless there's expansion team to Surrey, Victoria, Kamloops, Kelowna, Prince George, Prince Rupert of 1 million or more of population  in those cities as a NHL team, it's will be similar to what Washington enjoys in the east with Philadelphia, NY, Pittsburgh, NJ with easiest travels.   Unfortunately, there's not enough population in BC.to sustain a NHL team in BC..   The east coast had 300 years of population growth and it is what they are right now and we are playing a catch-up in term of population growth.   Maybe another 100 years or 200 years before we will see similar to east coast in term of major cities in North America if population growth rate continue to rise in BC and east coast is full and no room to grow its populations. 

20 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

MacIntyre brings some sense to the conversation. Sometimes the guy annoys me, but he does make good sense.

Agreed, PB. He gets slagged a lot 'round here, but I often find his insights interesting. I'd guess he's always liked the team, but tries to maintain journo-integrity & keep things balanced.

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Schaller-Horvat-Motte

Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser

Granlund-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussel-Gaunce-Eriksson

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

Compared to this year's Diwali night

Pearson Horvat Virtanen
Miller Pettersson Boeser
Ferland Sutter Leivo
Schaller Beagle Motte

Edler Myers
Hughes Tanev
Benn Stecher

What a big difference especially on defense 

Good god man!

We had a mostly AHL line up haha.  Brutal.

Really looking forward to tonight!

• Cheers 1

30 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

For this conversation I totally agree. That idiot radio guy talks all panicky like some posters around here saying "er my god...gotta trade a goalie" and MacIntyre is nice and calm basically slapping him in the face face yelling "CALM DOWN YOU IDIOT".

I liked it lol.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Good god man!

We had a mostly AHL line up haha.  Brutal.

Really looking forward to tonight!

GoodGawd!

Poo-a-lot,

& Mega DizasterZone

other 3 middling mates valiantly playing Fireman Sam, trying to put out conflagrations. Poor Jacob..suprised he kept his marbles.

The Stealth rebuild WAS 5 yrs of Hell.

Feels like we made it through?

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1