The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Capitals Diwali Night Edition Oct 25 7pm SN1

Rate this topic

Baer.

13 minutes ago, Amebushi said:

Well that is an important part, but to achieve this they will have to give 110% and play the game their way. It’s important that they play a full 60 min. If they stick to their systems...Yada yada blah blah blah. 

I will be happy if they play like this win or lose.

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

For this conversation I totally agree. That idiot radio guy talks all panicky like some posters around here saying "er my god...gotta trade a goalie" and MacIntyre is nice and calm basically slapping him in the face face yelling "CALM DOWN YOU IDIOT".

I liked it lol.

notice that there was 2 posts about this topic( trade the goalie) like 2-3 days ago  on cdc  , is  idiot radio guy  a panicky cdc poster ? hmmm I wonder

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

I mean that as the majority culture you don’t get to cry that no one gives you any attention. It was tongue in cheek but reminds me of being a stupid kid asking when it would be kids day every Mother’s and Fathers Day. 

When I scan the average Canucks crowd, I see Canadians. Lots of Canadians of all different shades. Same with when I walk the streets of the city. I don't get an overwhelming sense of Caucasians being the primary race.

That being said, people from India are Caucasians based on anthropological study so, hey maybe you're right.

1 hour ago, Roberts said:

I think if the Canucks score more goals than the Capitals tonight they will win. thoughts?

Well Roberts, in my opinion, as good as the Capitals were in the first part of the season, that's how as bad they've been now.  In my view, if the Canucks don't want to be the loser in this matchup I strongly recommend they play as good if not better if not best game of the year to avoid getting outscored on the ice surface within the time of regulation. 

22 minutes ago, EP-40 said:

Diwali night? Why... has there ever been a white person's night or a jamaican night? Why is it always Indians that want their own special nights, that's dot and feather btw...

I just dont get it, why force your culture on everyone else, it's yours.

I'm not sure anyone forces the Canucks to have a Diwali night. It's a marketing ploy to sell tickets and make money for the Canucks. 

It's a business remember....

• Upvote 1

oh boy this is gonna be a tough one....wayyyy wayyyyy tougher then the blues game. Caps are first in their division, 17 points, 44 goals vs nucks 29. Ovie being a beast like always with 9G 5A. 

However....nucks are on a roll and got some confidence. Peteys line is producing and nucks have only allowed 19G vs caps 38.

Hoping for a continuation on the win streak, but this is gonna be seriously tough. Caps is a true contender to the cup. 

5-3 win for the nucks? Bo, Brock x 2, Petey, Edler with the goals. miller with 3 assists. Hes a HUGE asset for the team and on peteys line. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Hmm. I was fortunate to have never had a concussion myself but I would ask you the same question.

Not sure if it's a good idea to assume something than get caught up with it too much. 

Previous happenings do not give validate anything. Each concussion is different. They all act differently in different individuals. 

Where do u get the 3 months idea? What makes you think he would need that kind of time frame? 

I am not supporting players playing through concussions. 

But your idea is unsupported by hard evidence unless you have inside information which you do not. 

You just threw random comments out there which are just hypothetical. 

Denial is not a common symptom of concussion, though. Although it may sound convenient to put it in that context. 

Until you have had a concussion, you dont realize how much it impacts you and for how long.

Ive had multiple concussions and even 7 months since my last concussion, im still  feeing the effects from time to time

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Some say the same about the Knights, or the Flames. So there.

Luckily there's a special bus for those people. Simple stats and analytics prove otherwise. Caps are 7-2-3 and if we had their schedule we'd probably be below .500.

5 minutes ago, knucklehead91 said:

Until you have had a concussion, you dont realize how much it impacts you and for how long.

Ive had multiple concussions and even 7 months since my last concussion, im still  feeing the effects from time to time

It goes both ways. 

Recovery time varies from people to people. Even if you have had a concussion or not, you really can't predict how it will be for others. 

• Cheers 1

14 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Some say the same about the Knights, or the Flames. So there.

It might be Avs vs Knights in the WCF.   The Blues are the only team to beat the Avs in regulation so.  And the Avs and Knight's are playing in 20 minutes at 3:00 PM PT in Vegas.  Are they having a concert at T-Moble later tonight???:frantic:

• Thanks 1