The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks vs Capitals Diwali Night Edition Oct 25 7pm SN1

Rate this topic

Baer.

13 hours ago, Coconuts said:

5-3 Caps. I'd love to be wrong but the Caps have had our number the last few years. We've lost 7 of the last 8 games against them. 

We're not in Washington though so we've got a solid chance this time. 

Usually when there's a stat like that, the tide turns the other way. Plus we're a much better team than we were in those games and the Caps during that time were dominant.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Put it into context though.

In a restaurant, if the food is sub par do you stand up and....boo?

The gas station attendant is slow?

I find booing embarrassing.  It serves no purpose except to send a message and there's likely a better way.  They already likely feel bad if they're not succeeding at what they're trying to do so piling on likely isn't going to help.  I prefer positive reinforcement and to encourage them to try harder, not to embarrass them into it.

I mean if it actually starts costing them a bunch of games then I wouldn't fault fans to boo a little bit. people are paying a lot of money to see the team and they have to talent to be producing a lot more on the power play. again, im talking about the system not the players, and that comes down to the coaching staff. its funny how people don't care about "FIRE BROWN" but people do have a problem with booing.

1 hour ago, xereau said:

From an individual production standpoint, I think it’s fair to say things are humming along for all three of Vancouver’s marquee forwards. Through Thursday, Miller, Pettersson, and Boeser lead the Canucks in scoring, with both Miller (four goals, six assists) and Pettersson (two goals, eight assists) averaging more than a point per game. The overarching team results are also impressive early on – the Canucks have won six of their first nine games and in a division where only the Vegas Golden Knights appear to be a playoff lock, the early standings advantage they hold over the opposition matters.

I see people have learned to be careful about putting faith in the Oilers too soon. :lol:

25 minutes ago, Roberts said:

I mean if it actually starts costing them a bunch of games then I wouldn't fault fans to boo a little bit. people are paying a lot of money to see the team and they have to talent to be producing a lot more on the power play. again, im talking about the system not the players, and that comes down to the coaching staff. its funny how people don't care about "FIRE BROWN" but people do have a problem with booing.

I also disagree with the people saying to fire Brown for the time being. It is way too early for that discussion. If/when it costs us games, then bring it up, but the paying fans currently are still seeing wins despite the PP not firing on all cylinders.

People may disagree with Brown's ideas for the PP and that's reflective in "fire Brown". Booing the PP reflects on everyone involved on the PP. It's running down the guys actually trying to score on the PP as well. Just because Brown has systems doesn't mean that the players are limited to that, so you'd be booing the player's effort as well (even if that's not the intention). Brown has zone entry systems and some set ups, but ultimately the players have the freedom to make things happen if they see openings.

The team as it stands right now does not deserve any booing of any sort. Nor should anyone be fired with our record so far. If EP goes on a 10 game scoreless slump, do we dump him? No we continue to work with him to get over the hump and expect that he will overcome the issue. The PP may be going through something like this and we are still winning, so it isn't dire right now.

2 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The last time Canucks played on Diwali night this was the lineup:

Hide contents

Schaller-Horvat-Motte

Goldobin-Pettersson-Boeser

Granlund-Gaudette-Virtanen

Roussel-Gaunce-Eriksson

Hutton-Gudbranson

Pouliot-Stecher

Del Zotto-Biega

9 x bottom 6 (at best) forwards

5 x bottom pairing (at best) d-men

ugly ... ugly. 

16 hours ago, Roberts said:

I still hope the fans in attendance boo failed power play attempts to send a message.

Nothing positive ever comes out of going to your home arena and booing your home team if you ask me.

Why is booing even on your head when we're playing lights out overall? 

The team is 6-3 - the PP has been buzzing even though the percentage doesn't look good. How about we focus on our stellar PK? 

If you really do want to nit pick on the PP, Brock and especially Petey have been missing their targets a lot (to their elite standard) and that will change. You'll see the power play finish top 5-15th in the league IMO. 

Be patient and see the good in the team. Next time when we're on the power play, just try to tell yourself, that you're expecting us to score and really just try to see it happening. 

I'll be trying it with you and hope other members of CDC will partake. If a bunch of us do it, the PP will be solid next game. 

The power play is gonna deliver versus Washington tomorrow night. Wouldn't surprise me if it's Petey or Brock sniping one past holtby clean. 

Edited by apollo
  • Upvote 3

29 minutes ago, canuck73_3 said:

They were scheduled to wear the stick in rink for this game, wonder if they're pulling an audible and going with the skate? Or maybe he's just breaking the pads in? 

Yeah getting some stink on the new gear, I think. Someone linked the black jersey nights (wish it was more than 3 games).

• Cheers 1