The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 World Junior Championships

Rate this topic

Deathrowe

23 hours ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

What about Boqvist? 

Not released from NHL team either. Victor Soderstrom who was somewhat surprisingly kept off the original Swedish roster will take they place that was reserved for Boqvist.

On 12/14/2019 at 12:39 PM, RRypien37 said:

So they rather him play on the 4th line then release him for a once in a life time opportunity. 

Wack. Classic Hawks. 

I'm sure Dach isn't complaining making an NHL salary and living out his hockey dream.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

I'm sure Dach isn't complaining making an NHL salary and living out his hockey dream.

Releasing him for a few weeks wouldn't prevent him from collecting his NHL pay. I'm also pretty sure it's a dream of any Canadian hockey player to represent this country on a big stage. Anyway, mute point now. 

Edited by RRypien37

2 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Releasing him for a few weeks wouldn't prevent him from collecting his NHL pay. I'm also pretty sure it's a dream of any Canadian hockey player to represent this country on a big stage. Anyway, mute point now. 

I'm sure he will have plenty of opportunities to do so. If he develops well and the Olympics allows for NHL players again. Otherwise he could always get a chance to represent in the world championships especially if the Hawks continue to decline as a team.

13 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

The Maple Leafs have loaned Rasmus Sandin to Team Sweden for the 2020 IIHF World Junior Hockey Championships.

5 first rounders on their back end now, Sweden will be looking to continue their streak of round robin wins. Who is everyone picking to win this year?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Deathrowe said:

5 first rounders on their back end now, Sweden will be looking to continue their streak of round robin wins. Who is everyone picking to win this year?

I'd say Spencer Knight makes USA the favourite.

Although I'd much rather anyone else win.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Master Mind said:

I'd say Spencer Knight makes USA the favourite.

Although I'd much rather anyone else win.

Don’t the Russians have some hotshot goalie too?

i think Canada doesn’t even make the semi final this year.  Our team has crap D, much like last year.  

24 minutes ago, Alflives said:

i think Canada doesn’t even make the semi final this year.  Our team has crap D, much like last year.  

I'd consider the Russians the second favourite, probably meeting USA in the final.

Canada and Sweden have decent teams, but on paper aren't juggernauts. I'd peg them as making the semi final though.

11 hours ago, Alflives said:

Crap defence?? wow that's a bit harsh to say IMHO, would you say that to these young men's face?

These young men are not CRAP, Hockey Canada has put together what they feel is the best team and obviously don't agree with your Crap assessment.

As a Canadian you can support them or call them Crap, i guess that's your opinion and your entitled to that

Go Canada Go

Russia bringing KHL talent every year are usually podium favourites. I'm starting to think Canada won't even medal this year, just because Russia and USA are both in their group and better teams. Finland or Sweden will coast to the semis.

8 hours ago, AbrasiveAjax said:

Crap defence?? wow that's a bit harsh to say IMHO, would you say that to these young men's face?

These young men are not CRAP, Hockey Canada has put together what they feel is the best team and obviously don't agree with your Crap assessment.

As a Canadian you can support them or call them Crap, i guess that's your opinion and your entitled to that

Go Canada Go

It's not even close to accurate.  Nicely varied skillsets should give a balanced group.

21 hours ago, Alflives said:

I don’t where people got the idea of Canada having a bad defensive core last year. They were in the top 3 in shots against and gave up the fewest goals in that tournament.