The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019/20 World Junior Championships

Rate this topic

Deathrowe

All Russia... bad goaltending first half of game and all the penalties killed Russia 

If they lose this as it looks like they will Russia won't advance.. with USA and Canada in same group can't lose to the Czeches..

Pod had a good game. 1 goal 4 SOG net front presence on pp.. beat the Dman wide and cut in with back hander on net.. didn't score in that one but looked good ..

3 minutes ago, WHL rocks said:

All Russia... bad goaltending first half of game and all the penalties killed Russia 

If they lose this as it looks like they will Russia won't advance.. with USA and Canada in same group can't lose to the Czeches..

Pod had a good game. 1 goal 4 SOG net front presence on pp.. beat the Dman wide and cut in with back hander on net.. didn't score in that one but looked good ..

Top four teams in each group advance. Unless they somehow lose to Germany, I doubt Russia will have problems advancing.

• Thanks 1

That was an okay game for Podkozin. I didn't catch the first period. He had a bad second period. Couldn't clear on the PK... for some reason despite not being a center he was put out on a 5-3 and lost the draw. He has a somewhat unattractive/hunched over skating style.

His third period was better. Stronger on the puck, patient along the wall, and showed that he has some good passing skills. Notably, he wasn't out for the final seconds when Russia had the goalie pulled. Possibly because he had played a ton of PK minutes and then was out just before Russia's TO. 

3 minutes ago, HockeyHarry said:

How was Canucks prospects  Plasek, and Podkolzin in this game?

i thought the game started at 9am I screwed up it just finished...it was the game I was looking forward to watching today.

Plasek didn't play, still not sure he made the team, but not a starter regardless:

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/wm20/gamecenter/statistics/9611/2-cze-vs-rus

Podz had a goal:

#11 with the mid-air bat.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Down by the River said:

That was an okay game for Podkozin. I didn't catch the first period. He had a bad second period. Couldn't clear on the PK... for some reason despite not being a center he was put out on a 5-3 and lost the draw. He has a somewhat unattractive/hunched over skating style.

His third period was better. Stronger on the puck, patient along the wall, and showed that he has some good passing skills. Notably, he wasn't out for the final seconds when Russia had the goalie pulled. Possibly because he had played a ton of PK minutes and then was out just before Russia's TO. 

Podz was out when they first pulled the goalie but came off after a whistle. 

9 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Hoglander does it again:

I thought initially it was highlight from prior tournaments.  He bascially can do it on demand at game pace. Pretty tough to defend against that. 

So stoked Nux got 2 more top prospects. Maybe a 4th Calder nominee in a row coming up?  JB is on a roll. 

Edited by Jaimito
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Jaimito said:

I thought initially it was highlight from prior tournaments.  He bascially can do it on demand at game pace. Pretty tough to defend against that. 

So stoked Nux got 2 more top prospects. Maybe a 4th Calder nominee in a row coming up?  JB is on a roll. 

If Hoglander makes the team and is in the running, we then have Podkolzin the year after to make it a successful 5 years.

Boeser

EP

Hughes

Hoglander

Podkolzin.

what a GM....

15 minutes ago, Down by the River said:

This Stuzle kid is going to boost his draft stock. 

Germany is definitely giving the States a run for their money. 

I noticed Stuzle not using his line mates as well as he could though. Maybe he knows he doesn't have much help out there and wants to do it all himself.

On 12/26/2019 at 6:01 PM, Ossi Vaananen said:

Plasek didn't play, still not sure he made the team, but not a starter regardless:

https://www.iihf.com/en/events/2020/wm20/gamecenter/statistics/9611/2-cze-vs-rus

[...]

Just got added to their roster.  Jakub Lauko will be out for the rest of the tournament with a knee injury.

Edited by mll