The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Proposal CHI-VAN

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ill be honest in saying Im not exactly sure what the trade value of either of these players truly is, but I think this has to be close.

Brendan Perlini (+Matthew Highmore to even cap)

for 

Josh Leivo + 4th

Why? Leivo is a solid all around player for a 3rd line but can move up and down the lineup.  Great attitude great hustle.  No thanks!

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

I like Leivo, no thanks. I don't think there's any reason for the Canucks to make a trade. Let other teams approach Benning on their knees, begging, otherwise, onwards and upwards.  

I don't dislike Leivo. But, Perlini has the potential to be a 20 goal power forward. Hasn't worked out well in Chicago but a change of scenery could unlock said potential

10 hours ago, RetroCanuck said:

Ill be honest in saying Im not exactly sure what the trade value of either of these players truly is, but I think this has to be close.

Brendan Perlini (+Matthew Highmore to even cap)

for 

Josh Leivo + 4th

Yeah...no thanks.

Pretty sure Leivo's value is MUCH higher than perlini seeing as Leivo actually plays in the NHL.  

We don't need another reclamation project. No room for him anyway.  Big NO THANKS.

On 10/25/2019 at 5:38 PM, Kanukfanatic said:

Yeah...no thanks.

Pretty sure Leivo's value is MUCH higher than perlini seeing as Leivo actually plays in the NHL.  

We don't need another reclamation project. No room for him anyway.  Big NO THANKS.

So if Leivo can fetch us a prospect equivalent to or better then Regula then I think he should be traded now

Disagree?

3 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

So if Leivo can fetch us a prospect equivalent to or better then Regula then I think he should be traded now

Disagree?

I think we should wait until Roussel is healthy and playing before we trade Leivo as that means we need to bring up a lesser player....although Baer could be brought back up to play with Bo.

I would not be opposed to trading Leivo for a D prospect I suppose.

13 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

I think we should wait until Roussel is healthy and playing before we trade Leivo as that means we need to bring up a lesser player....although Baer could be brought back up to play with Bo.

I would not be opposed to trading Leivo for a D prospect I suppose.

Agreed, all Im trying to point out is that Perlini clearly still has value and could be a very good player going forward.

The nice issue for the Canucks is that even now they have serviceable NHL players and young players still wanting to prove themselves in the AHL. Gaudette, Baertschi, Goldy and MacEwen could all use some NHL minutes right now.

• Like 1