The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 25, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

21 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMG get over it.  Happens.  They played a great game for part then the Caps (a great team) came out desperate and Marky can't do it all.  We should have won..yes.  But they scored 5 goals against the Caps and that is something to build on. 

It's a learning experience...can't check out bere the game's officially over/no lead is safe.

The sky isn't falling.

Image result for boourns gif

19 minutes ago, Lancaster said:

Hopefully TG will use this as a lesson for the team.  

The team took their foot off the pedal against a veteran team and lost.  

They are not good enough to not play a full 60 minutes.

Hopefully Green will bag skate them.  

Green and his staff should join in on the bag skate too, this was a complete failure from the coaching staff on down.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, canuck2288 said:

That whole stretch started with the hook on EP 

hard to blame the pp unit on that 

but apparently the message was more important than the potential to score on the remaining pp 

Ya but if the ref doesn’t make the call, we all sit back and watch the rest of the play…enough CDC for the day

• Cheers 1

Just curious why Green would put Pearson in the shootout over his bloody Captain. Pearson had no points, took a penalty. In fact, he wasn't on the ice for any of the 10 goals. What the heck did he do all night? (besides take a penalty) Markstrom had a meltdown, not his first, won't be his last. I hope they give Demko the next start and play him, at least until he loses. Not all his fault though. Canucks stopped charging and the Capitals found life only being down 3 to start the 3rd. They were caught off guard and the wheels came flying off fast. Terrible way to end a game. I thought when it was 5-1 they might actually win 10-1.  It's almost as if the Canucks and Capitals exchanged jerseys after the 2nd. 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Plsdontdoit said:

Sports is all I have so in other words I'm a sad boi 

Same, honestly hope you enjoy your b-ball, I just never cared for it. Back and forth like tennis for hours to what end? 109-105? Right on, just gimme the last minute of the 4th.

I did like Lebron's game when he was on Cleveland, though, dude was the man.

Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Just curious why Green would put Pearson in the shootout over his bloody Captain. Pearson had no points, took a penalty. In fact, he wasn't on the ice for any of the 10 goals. What the heck did he do all night? (besides take a penalty) Markstrom had a meltdown, not his first, won't be his last. I hope they give Demko the next start and play him, at least until he loses. Not all his fault though. Canucks stopped charging and the Capitals found life only being down 3 to start the 3rd. They were caught off guard and the wheels came flying off fast. Terrible way to end a game. I thought when it was 5-1 they might actually win 10-1.  It's almost as if the Canucks and Capitals exchanged jerseys after the 2nd. 

In regards to Pearson he did win us a shootout this year already so I don't blame Green for that choice.

10 hours ago, 24K PureCool said:

I don't know who's a bigger joke tonight.

The Canucks or the refs.

the Canucks

Wait, after careful consideration, I blame the refs. After giving us the penalty that lead to Schallers shortie, the went and played 'even up ' and gave Washington a PK of their own.... classic game management! 

Edited by lmm

25 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

OMG get over it.  Happens.  They played a great game for part then the Caps (a great team) came out desperate and Marky can't do it all.  We should have won..yes.  But they scored 5 goals against the Caps and that is something to build on. 

It's a learning experience...can't check out bere the game's officially over/no lead is safe.

The sky isn't falling.

Difference too, is this isn't a team of fragile infants, there are veterans who have been through this before and will both stabilize and teach them.  As Beagle and Green have already said, they need to learn and games like this accelerate that process. 

Far FAR better they learn these lessons now than have a cakewalk through the season without adversity then have this happen in April.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Gaudette Celly said:

Difference too, is this isn't a team of fragile infants, there are veterans who have been through this before and will both stabilize and teach them.  As Beagle and Green have already said, they need to learn and games like this accelerate that process. 

Far FAR better they learn these lessons now than have a cakewalk through the season without adversity then have this happen in April.

Young team though in terms of who our core players are. A few new faces too.

Still though a good lesson to learn early this season. Sure we did some good scoring and all but that don't discount the bad.

I expect them to be a lot stronger next game.