The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Washington Capitals at Vancouver Canucks | Oct. 25, 2019

Rate this topic

-Vintage Canuck-

1 hour ago, Darius said:

Exactly.

It wasn’t sitting on a lead.  The guys didn’t give up.  Marky had a bad game. 

bring on the next 

When you don't send in forecheckers and dump the puck out of your own end instead of breaking it out, you're sitting on a lead. Coach should have called a timeout with two goal lead. His team clearly stopped trying to do that offense thing. 

Rookie ass coaching. 

Why is Markstrom even playing so many games after having to deal with some very difficult family issues? The man is a God damn human being and he has already played out of his mind the last 2 games. I heard on the radio that he didn't even have a practice before the NYR game? Can we please give Marky some time to collect himself, like any other normal human being after heaving to deal with a family crisis? Because he really didn't look like himself today...

Sucks to lose but wow man Tim schaller is a stud.

I have a buddy who despises Benning and always rambles off about asset management and poor contracts and he always uses beagle and schaller and Eriksson as examples. And its nice to see Tim succeed.

Trust uncle jim

Edited by 10pavelbure96
  • Upvote 2

Also, Markstrom only let in 1 weak goal. The last one he could have had if he battled harder (as a goalie you can see this coming a mile away that the frustration was building and led to the lack of effort to peek thru screens on the last goal) but the rest were screened shots or great looks. His only really bad one was the 5 hole one. When your entire team decides to stop playing hockey and put 6 goaltenders out there, it's tough to see the puck. He needed to be better, but the team needed a smack to wake up. 

It's a shame it came after they had already tied the game. 

1 minute ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Sucks to lose but wow man Tim schaller is a stud.

I have a buddy who despises Benning and always rambles off about asset management and poor contracts and he always uses beagle and schaller and Eriksson as examples. And its nice to see Tim succeed.

Trust uncle jim

Beagle has been a beast since he got here. People just do not understand D players.

• Cheers 1

I posted this earlier but I will post it again.

Ravens vs Patriots

The second and third goal crushed the Canucks. They were done right there. You could feel it. I agree a time out could have been called there but lose like this teaches. Better to lose like this at the start of the season rather than in the playoffs ala Ravens.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, FaninMex said:

I posted this earlier but I will post it again.

Ravens vs Patriots

The second and third goal crushed the Canucks. They were done right there. You could feel it. I agree a time out could have been called there but lose like this teaches. Better to lose like this at the start of the season rather than in the playoffs ala Ravens.

* Atlanta falcons

• Cheers 1

22 minutes ago, Specz said:

Why is Markstrom even playing so many games after having to deal with some very difficult family issues? The man is a God damn human being and he has already played out of his mind the last 2 games. I heard on the radio that he didn't even have a practice before the NYR game? Can we please give Marky some time to collect himself, like any other normal human being after heaving to deal with a family crisis? Because he really didn't look like himself today...

I agree that Marky wasn’t his usual brilliant self today but we don’t necessarily know if it was related to his family situation.    All goalies, even the elite ones, have stinkers now and then.

The team playing in front of Markstrom fell asleep as well.    

This game reminded me of the type of game you’d see Vancouver play against Chicago circa 2009/2010ish.    

Onwards and upwards.         

Well that was awful but at the same time a good thing. Should be a bit of a wake up call for the boys. Can’t sit back bad things happen. Got a point, move on. 

Start marky next game I bet he plays lights out. He lost focus for the first time this season. He’s been unreal. He’s a battler, he’ll have a rebound game. 

He’ll be fine and the team will be fine.

Also I’d like to personally apologize to Tim Schaller. Thought it was a joke he made they team but in the end that’s why fans aren’t in management lol. He’s been a solid 4th liner and more. Great on the PK too. I can see why JB signed him. For whatever reason couldn’t get it going last year