The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Treason and Plot [Game over - town win]

Rate this topic

4 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I base it off past scum meta tendencies of certain players and/or “irregularities” in their scum hunting. I.E. if a player I think is a power wolf when mafia, I’ll look at their votes and scum hunting cases on people. Obviously this changes on a player by player basis and I’m not gonna get specific with certain players in this game. If it’s a player I haven’t played with in awhile, then I kinda turn to my own THC fueled algorithm and play the numbers on their faction.

Or on certain players, DM for example, I’ll just guess/vote and hope for the best if I think they have at least a 42.5% chance of flipping scum.

Good answer. Merci.

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, luckylager said:

Just home from one helluva hockey tourney. Road trips are fun but tiring AF.

My boy's team did pretty okay, thanks. Better than some, less great than a few. 

First read leaves me sketchy on falc. He seems too light to be the typical paranoid, suspicious TP falcon. Also kicked it all off which isn't in keeping with his normal form.

He's fooled me by coming across as fun in the past. Maybe a bit too much lightheartedness tonight, but I'm very grumpy and tired right now so yeah, what4vr right.

BJ and 112 with guest appearances. Both look as equally scummy to me... 60%ish.

I always feel like milk and dm are scummy. Milk posted scummy but dm hasn't bothered yet.

Only real tp lean is in BW, but he's bound to &^@# that up by the morning.

Am I missing any players?

Nyways, I'm going to bed now. Kid's got practice ar 6am, we just got home from a tourney and I'm beat.

Not sure when the vote is so incase I miss it - Vote Falcon

His playful, nice guy intro isn't in keeping with normal tp falc. 

town lucky isn't coming across here

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, luckylager said:

I asst coach at practice.

Official "safety" for gamecards.

Yup. And I am going to bed now.

Got home from a long weekend tourney, chugged couple beers. Reheated some lasagne, with a big glass of wine then smoked a a couple bongs.

Poured a whisky.

Almost done whisky and going to bed. 

112 is moving up in my sketch-dar. Falc still winning with DerpDurvlin and Milk really clipping heels for historical purposes.

'moving up'?

i had like two posts at this point and was well into sleep

10 hours ago, luckylager said:

Just home from one helluva hockey tourney. Road trips are fun but tiring AF.

My boy's team did pretty okay, thanks. Better than some, less great than a few. 

First read leaves me sketchy on falc. He seems too light to be the typical paranoid, suspicious TP falcon. Also kicked it all off which isn't in keeping with his normal form.

He's fooled me by coming across as fun in the past. Maybe a bit too much lightheartedness tonight, but I'm very grumpy and tired right now so yeah, what4vr right.

BJ and 112 with guest appearances. Both look as equally scummy to me... 60%ish.

I always feel like milk and dm are scummy. Milk posted scummy but dm hasn't bothered yet.

Only real tp lean is in BW, but he's bound to &^@# that up by the morning.

Am I missing any players?

Nyways, I'm going to bed now. Kid's got practice ar 6am, we just got home from a tourney and I'm beat.

Not sure when the vote is so incase I miss it - Vote Falcon

His playful, nice guy intro isn't in keeping with normal tp falc. 

This comes across a bit manufactured, so to speak. Throwing shade on DM? The guy has literally done nothing, which is mentioned, but the question is why? Why bring DM up at all? 

You missed Hoggers. Also, BW isn't playing. Ceres tho, that's a different whale of a tale.

"Not sure when the vote is, so in case I miss it..." Am I the only one who finds that disingenuous? BJ has already mentioned the 48 hr nightfall in game, and it was mentioned prior to game start as well.

Don cherry being tough as nails eh. Honestly if he meant you people to everyone in Canada then it was a good statement. Nothing wrong with it but ofc people get offended over nothing now a days. Snowflakes everywhere. 

Anyhow 

I look for consistency in posting when looking for tp, voting patterns, and smoothness of posts aka time posted, content of post and attacks. Imo players who call out others early on are likely tp. @ceres what do u look for in scum? 

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Don cherry being tough as nails eh. Honestly if he meant you people to everyone in Canada then it was a good statement. Nothing wrong with it but ofc people get offended over nothing now a days. Snowflakes everywhere. 

Anyhow 

I look for consistency in posting when looking for tp, voting patterns, and smoothness of posts aka time posted, content of post and attacks. Imo players who call out others early on are likely tp. @ceres what do u look for in scum? 

What do you think of lucky?

14 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Anyhow 

Honestly, most of my efforts of focused on finding who isn't scum, especially early on. 

But to answer your question, the primary things I focus on are the following:

1) Self-conscious or overly-concerned behaviour - wolves often care too much about how the are being perceived by the villagers. This will lead them to overcompensate for their shortcomings and qualify their actions.

2) Agendas - All wolves have an agenda: mislynch villagers and get away with it. This is harder to identify but when you look close enough there is a dichotomy between the agenda-driven wolf and the liberated villager has no additional agenda other than trying to solve the game.