The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Treason and Plot [Game over - town win]

Rate this topic

Dude, AV almost seems TWTBW after that. 

I'm still liking my Lucky+Hoggers theory. I'm not giving him credit for moving onto Lucky when it was already a forgone conclusion. 

I'll do a proper analysis of the round tomorrow. 

Word of advice to the town since it's round 2:

This game is more vanilla than not. There will be two teams, a mafia-hunting role, and a twist where anonymous letters can be sent to players. These letters can come from either alignment.

Be careful with what letters you may or may not receive. A mafia role or player that sends letters out can be a confusing problem.

I recommend anyone with a letter shares it before next nightfall. Doesn't have to be now but it may be more beneficial if there is discussion about the information than one person trying to solve/clutch the game.

Just now, Alain Vigneault said:

It ensured no funny business at nightfall.

But we want the wolves to try funny business so we can catch them. That's why I'm always trying to prop up counter-wagons close to nightfall - so the wolves will join them and try to save their mate. 

I thought you used to do this too?

1 minute ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

Word of advice to the town since it's round 2:

This game is more vanilla than not. There will be two teams, a mafia-hunting role, and a twist where anonymous letters can be sent to players. These letters can come from either alignment.

Be careful with what letters you may or may not receive. A mafia role or player that sends letters out can be a confusing problem.

I recommend anyone with a letter shares it before next nightfall. Doesn't have to be now but it may be more beneficial if there is discussion about the information than one person trying to solve/clutch the game.

Yes. And the villager(s) possessing this ability should breadcrumb so we can confirm if they need to claim. 

4 minutes ago, Ceres said:

But we want the wolves to try funny business so we can catch them. That's why I'm always trying to prop up counter-wagons close to nightfall - so the wolves will join them and try to save their mate. 

I thought you used to do this too?

I still do, imo.

Going through round 1...LL is really the only player who gets the FoS spotlighted on him heavily in the first 24 hours - mainly from falcon, Ceres, and 112 - who started the initial FoS.

The 2nd wagon doesn't really come in until AV brings up MH, which garners the attention of BW and I would say myself as well. I don't think there was ever more than 2 votes for him at any point though. The 3rd wagon is then formed when DM and LL both vote Zfetch...and there is really not much wagonomics movement after that. Some BJ votes, some fun with hoggers votes, but nothing that seriously challenged the eventual LL hanging.

So...the question becomes: was LL more likely to have mean teammates not afraid to bus him...or are his teammates most likely inactive players that were not around to alter the lynch?