The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Treason and Plot [Game over - town win]

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I hope TL can be solved by the sheriff or something. I don't want to lynch him again but what else are we supposed to do when he posts a couple time per round? I can't get a read on that. 

I say ignore him for now until he makes himself ineligible for the GK and go from there.

3 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I say ignore him for now until he makes himself ineligible for the GK and go from there.

I don't see him ever getting GK'd.

My issue is that without him posting in the early rounds, we have no substance to produce an accurate read when it becomes important. This means he never escapes the PoE unless he's peeked or lynched. 

13 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I hope TL can be solved by the sheriff or something. I don't want to lynch him again but what else are we supposed to do when he posts a couple time per round? I can't get a read on that. 

5 minutes ago, Ceres said:

My issue is that without him posting in the early rounds, we have no substance to produce an accurate read when it becomes important. This means he never escapes the PoE unless he's peeked or lynched. 

How sure are you that this game even has a sheriff?

I've checked the OP and the only thing I see is a "mafia-hunting role".  That sounds more like a vigilante.

If this is the case and we look at the fact that there was no kill last night, this means it was probably an inactive player.  That or they're an even-night action.

On 10/26/2019 at 2:49 PM, Master Radishes said:

This game is more vanilla than not. There will be two teams, a mafia-hunting role, and a twist where anonymous letters can be sent to players. These letters can come from either alignment.

The person almost certainly can use investigations in some capacity. 

1 minute ago, Alain Vigneault said:

I've checked the OP and the only thing I see is a "mafia-hunting role".  That sounds more like a vigilante.

If this is the case and we look at the fact that there was no kill last night, this means it was probably an inactive player.  That or they're an even-night action.

I disagree because I don't think MR would leave us without an investigative role. Hunting in this context makes me think they potentially have access to multiple abilities including peeking, tracking, watching, killing, ect. 

10 minutes ago, Ceres said:

I think of it like this:

If TL is TP, then I think there is a fair assumption that there is something taking up his time and there’s nothing anyone can do about his activity levels including himself.

If TL is mafia, regardless of his IRL situation, he will have to post again eventually to keep himself alive for his team and then we can go off further information with him if he posts. And if he doesn’t, then he gets GK’d and that works too.

But right now, I got nadda on him and he probably won’t be the leading vote getter if the status quo doesn’t change with him. Best not to worry about him until that necessary time comes when he reappears.

4 minutes ago, milk and honey said:

Fair enough. I like your defense. Well played but if u r scum then gosh I will be very disappointed. 

Vote Hoggers 

10/10 work my good home Ceres for a newbie you are better then a veteran like me. 

Yeah this is my second game. I hope I'm doing okay. 

• Haha 2
5 minutes ago, Alain Vigneault said:

Mafia hunting role doesn’t scream vigilante to me because the vig could easily hit TP with their shots. I think it would be an odd set up as well to have a vig and no sheriff as well...not saying impossible, but eh?

2 hours ago, falcon45ca said:

Unvote, vote DM

This vote is very opportunistic. While looking at it from my view as I have only the one vote it, screams "wagon here .!"

2 hours ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

@DarthMelvin Would you mind sharing your theory on why there is potentially 1 or 2 wolves on the LL wagon or maybe 1 player specifically you are looking at? I think there is potential for that as well, but would like to hear your take first.

The long standing theory is that when one of your team mates is about to be lynched. It would be good practice to jump on the wagon for 2 reasons.

1. To look good in the eyes of the innocent. Why would a wolf for vote for its own?? 

2. To hide among the sheep. Especially when the pile is big enough to hide at the bottom,

5 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I think of it like this:

If TL is TP, then I think there is a fair assumption that there is something taking up his time and there’s nothing anyone can do about his activity levels including himself.

If TL is mafia, regardless of his IRL situation, he will have to post again eventually to keep himself alive for his team and then we can go off further information with him if he posts. And if he doesn’t, then he gets GK’d and that works too.

But right now, I got nadda on him and he probably won’t be the leading vote getter if the status quo doesn’t change with him. Best not to worry about him until that necessary time comes when he reappears.

I'm saying it will likely be very challenging to solve him later on and that's why he should be investigated. 

4 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

This vote is very opportunistic. While looking at it from my view as I have only the one vote it, screams "wagon here .!"

The long standing theory is that when one of your team mates is about to be lynched. It would be good practice to jump on the wagon for 2 reasons.

1. To look good in the eyes of the innocent. Why would a wolf for vote for its own?? 

2. To hide among the sheep. Especially when the pile is big enough to hide at the bottom,

These are right in practicum but also depends on timing in the round. Would a wolf, in this game scenario, be more likely to vote for LL early on in the round or later when the votes were adding up?

I would suggest looking in to who tried to counter 112. Who dismissed her thoughts on LL. Anyone who may have tried to dissuade her, or make her suspicions seem insufficient or unreasonable.

Those people would be a start.

Then I would look at anyone who agreed 100% her way. And those that did agree...what would be LL's reaction to it. 

1 minute ago, Ceres said:

I'm saying it will likely be very challenging to solve him later on and that's why he should be investigated. 

@Blue Jay 22 this goes into my theory that the sheriff should always peek within players that are least likely to be killed (through either lynch, MK, or VK). This is because the optimal play is to have as many "cleared" players as possible alive after that sheriff has claimed. Obviously, the more cleared players alive, the higher the town's chance at success. 

E.g. it isn't optimal to peek someone like hoggers, who will inevitably be lynched, or someone like me, who will likely get MK'd before long. 

Just now, Ceres said:

@Blue Jay 22 this goes into my theory that the sheriff should always peek within players that are least likely to be killed (through either lynch, MK, or VK). This is because the optimal play is to have as many "cleared" players as possible alive after that sheriff has claimed. Obviously, the more cleared players alive, the higher the town's chance at success. 

E.g. it isn't optimal to peek someone like hoggers, who will inevitably be lynched, or someone like me, who will likely get MK'd before long. 

I mean...will hoggers be lynched? And who says you will get MK’d before being lynched? #neversaynever

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

I would like to see hoggers, DM, or AV investigated personally this round, but that might be just me. 

I am strongly recommending against any hoggers investigation. The lynch will likely happen either way, and it would be a wasted investigation if so.