The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Don't really like any kind of Rye, TBH. Beer, Scotch and the occasional glass of red wine is pretty much it for me.

Don't smoke weed either. (shocking, I know, for a BC resident B))

Okay if the rest of b.c was like you I would be more worried lol

but can I ask have you tried crown royal right? I like their apple personally. Lol

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

have you tried crown royal right?

Look for the 'northern harvest' Crown.

When it was first released, couldn't keep it on the shelves, won a bunch of awards ( 2016 world whiskey)

21609_product_front_0.png.df9d580e3d05b7d732798eea83416d69.png

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay if the rest of b.c was like you I would be more worried lol

but can I ask have you tried crown royal right? I like their apple personally. Lol

Many times. I'm close to 60 and I can remember every kid using those bags to hold their marbles...

I drank plenty of Crown as a young adult, but developed a preference for Scotch in my 40s. I also don't mix my whiskey with anything, except a bit of water, so the "flavored" Ryes wouldn't appeal to me at all. Not denigrating anyone's taste in booze, btw. It's just not for me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Many times. I'm close to 60 and I can remember every kid using those bags to hold their marbles...

I drank plenty of Crown as a young adult, but developed a preference for Scotch in my 40s. I also don't mix my whiskey with anything, except a bit of water, so the "flavored" Ryes wouldn't appeal to me at all. Not denigrating anyone's taste in booze, btw. It's just not for me.

Dang. I get that to each there own lol

i was just chirping yea cause it seems like nothing good comes from this side Rockies lol

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

That's good! Good find

In the early 90's the band The Smalls were kings. Very popular in AB. My band did a tour with them. Great dudes. 

Edit: you probably have heard of their bass player. Corb Lund. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Supply and demand.....the more you can ship the more you make. 

Everyone saw a crash coming if Alberta couldn't get their oil to either coast lol 

also didn't b.c stop shipping wine to alberta cause they were protesting the pipeline and when Alberta decided to raise your gas prices you all cried.......I was living in b.c at the time lol 

do me a favour go buy business for dummies then come talk to me......and maybe do your research and like I said take that 17 grand worth of camera gear and go see what oil has done( I really hope you wrote that off lol)....go check out the different types of oil companies and see how much good they do for the people of their towns. 

Edit * book a wedding in Alberta or s.k that way you can learn and write it off as a business trip lmfao

Go buy business for dummies?

Why?

I can just talk to you.

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Dang. I get that to each there own lol

i was just chirping yea cause it seems like nothing good comes from this side Rockies lol

When I was on the road back in the 80s, there was this girl from Lac la Biche (of all places)....

....she was pretty good....B)

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Hey it's okay.....this happens all the time in the wild....

the old buck got beat by the young one now go off and pout.....

The fact you think I'm pouting is adorable.

Who's fault will it be tomorrow?  Spin the wheel today and let me know.

On 1/20/2020 at 10:46 AM, RowdyCanuck said:

When oil prices are high then yea Alberta does it more share but when oil prices crashes , Alberta is saved by being part of Canada....is that what you mean jimmy? If not I don't get it....

no what I mean is  the whole idea that "Albertans do more" is an insult to the rest of the country. The fact is, and its a fact, no individual Albertan does any more than any other tax paying Canadian. So to say that they do more, carry Canada, yada yada is just self serving tripe, and very destructive, mostly to Albertans psyche. They are an angry group, worked themselves into a frenzy based on a bunch of bs. 

16 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no what I mean is  the whole idea that "Albertans do more" is an insult to the rest of the country. The fact is, and its a fact, no individual Albertan does any more than any other tax paying Canadian. So to say that they do more, carry Canada, yada yada is just self serving tripe, and very destructive, mostly to Albertans psyche. They are an angry group, worked themselves into a frenzy based on a bunch of bs. 

Well in a way Alberta does do more.....look threw the last two papers and how much Alberta affects b.c in some areas....

if alberta is doing well so is the rest of Canada and I wonder why......

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

Well in a way Alberta does do more.....look threw the last two papers and how much Alberta affects b.c in some areas....

if alberta is doing well so is the rest of Canada and I wonder why......

but what do you mean by "Alberta" doing more? royalties from multinationals? or people just paying their taxes? 

So many intelligent/brave canadiansn now speaking out / standing up for our country....

More than 20 Indigenous youth are blocking the entrance to the Ministry of Energy, Mines and Petroleum Resources on Blanshard Street to deliver a message to the Minister Michelle Mungall and Premier John Horgan.

The protesters delivered a letter to Mungall that stated Indigenous youth were not only inheriting a climate crisis “driven by fossil fuel projects like [Coastal GasLink] CGL, but Canada’s legacy of colonization, genocide and gendered violence against Indigenous women, girls and two-spirit people.” In other words, they are supporting Wet’suwet’en sovereignty and opposing RCMP actions.

The letter includes a list of the four demands made by the Hereditary Chiefs of the Wet’suwet’en Nation, including ceasing construction of CGL’s pipeline, that RCMP withdrawn for the area and that all levels of government, RCMP and CGL respect the Nations sovereignty and refrain from using force to access the land or to remove supporters.

https://www.abbynews.com/news/protesters-block-entrance-to-victoria-government-building-to-support-wetsuweten-first-nation/

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1