The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Again what is the dif between the west coast and the St. Lawrence and Halifax.

Have you looked at a marine chart of each area?

It may help to actually see the differences.

Then, having looked at an actual chart, check out the crap Endbridge tried to pass off as their route map.

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My point bringing Japan up was to demonstrate that risks are associated with all aspects of energy generation. 

I guess I stepped into this convo without going far enough back in the thread. My comments were about TMX and oil going out of the Port of Vancouver. That said if safety concerns could be met shipping from Rupert then I would still be for it. Harper should have over rode objections in the national interests. I didn't even mind BC raising the safety concerns as the discussion brought forward all the concerns. Who makes the final call on safety? Nixing oil shipments from the west coast for political reasons should be a non starter. Much of the environmental concerns are political. Again what is the dif between the west coast and the St. Lawrence and Halifax. A moratorium on off shore drilling in BC is OK but not so off shore the Maritimes. I am not even an Albertan and I can see the inequity of this stuff. 

The difference between the north coast and the St Lawrence is quite large - there's far more traffic out east and ability to respond quickly to a disaster. The difference between Vancouver and the St Lawrence is negligible. TMX makes sense, the risk is already there. 

I do agree on Rupert, it makes complete sense. Had Harper not backed the shortest pipeline route that Enbridge wanted, instead of the one that made the most sense at Rupert, Alberta would have two routes off the coast instead of just the upcoming TMX.

All of this anger and vitriol out of Alberta is causing people to make dumb decisions imo. If AB could simply recognize the faults that lie in the previous approach, and look to a more collaborative effort I think you'd find many in northern BC to be quite interested. But coming at it guns blazing, we're all assholes, etc. well you're just going to get more nothing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The difference between the north coast and the St Lawrence is quite large - there's far more traffic out east and ability to respond quickly to a disaster. The difference between Vancouver and the St Lawrence is negligible. TMX makes sense, the risk is already there. 

I do agree on Rupert, it makes complete sense. Had Harper not backed the shortest pipeline route that Enbridge wanted, instead of the one that made the most sense at Rupert, Alberta would have two routes off the coast instead of just the upcoming TMX.

All of this anger and vitriol out of Alberta is causing people to make dumb decisions imo. If AB could simply recognize the faults that lie in the previous approach, and look to a more collaborative effort I think you'd find many in northern BC to be quite interested. But coming at it guns blazing, we're all assholes, etc. well you're just going to get more nothing. 

I don't think so....

Once JT feels that money rope tighten around his neck , he will push it threw no matter what and who he pisses off.....

That will take time though, wait until the other provinces go threw what Alberta is......

In time all of Canada will turn against b.c is that fair no but that's probably what will happen.....

JT has to he in a corner with his back against the wall for his balls to drop......

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

As I said either it is safe or it is not. Enbridge doesn't make that call. I am sure there are forces out there that would try and down play the environmental risks. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is there some other province beside BC thats producing oil?

I don't hate Alberta or Albertans. I hate the anger and mythology thats destructive, mostly to you guys. 

Well Saskatchewan...but you're missing the point. It's not a tanker ban. It's a f.u to Alberta. 

Edited by Ryan Strome

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I don't think so....

Once JT feels that money rope tighten around his neck , he will push it threw no matter what and who he pisses off.....

That will take time though, wait until the other provinces go threw what Alberta is......

In time all of Canada will turn against b.c is that fair no but that's probably what will happen.....

JT has to he in a corner with his back against the wall for his balls to drop......

TMX is in the bank. Even if Trudeau loses the next election PM P-Mac will push it through.

The fact is Alberta has NEVER tried a collaborative approach to getting a pipeline through BC. But sure stay mad, #wexit all the way, yada yada. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

TMX is in the bank. Even if Trudeau loses the next election PM P-Mac will push it through.

The fact is Alberta has NEVER tried a collaborative approach to getting a pipeline through BC. But sure stay mad, #wexit all the way, yada yada. 

It means more then that though......

people are tired of the east making all the rules and never even giving a damn about them......

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

In time all of Canada will turn against b.c is that fair no but that's probably what will happen....

No way, we are too pretty.

BC is a wonderful part of Canada. All of Canada is welcome to come here and enjoy an amazing area of their home. Or retire, grab a piece of the best coast in the world and fish your worries away. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

BC is a wonderful part of Canada. All of Canada is welcome to come here and enjoy an amazing area of their home. Or retire, grab a piece of the best coast in the world and fish your worries away. 

That's why B.C stands for bring cash lol

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

because Harper said fu to BC first. 

So you just agreed it's an fu to Alberta. I never said Harper was right but Jt made it so it can never be negotiated or any future plans. So exactly what I thought you're only out to hurt Alberta, who essentially funds this nation because some politician went after your province.  You complain about us but gave the exact same reason why we're done.

Thanks, Jim. 

Glad we agree.

• Cheers 1

6 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

That's why B.C stands for bring cash lol

Ok, even if you have blown through your oil money. There are still affordable places to live in BC and a lot are in gorgeous settings.

BC is made up of many great Canadians from all over. I don't play the us vs them stuff. I love all of Canada. 

• Cheers 1

19 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Ok, even if you have blown through your oil money. There are still affordable places to live in BC and a lot are in gorgeous settings.

BC is made up of many great Canadians from all over. I don't play the us vs them stuff. I love all of Canada. 

Even Quebec?:picard:

39 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Alberta has welcomed far more Canadians to come here and given them the ability to earn a very generous living. 

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I clearly answered it. Infact I answered before you asked it. Don't take this as an insult but you're a very childish man. Stop following me around it's pathetic. The question is answered if you can't read go get help. Find the fuel receipt?:lol:

You literally never answered.  At all.  it was and is a yes or no question.  That you have not answered.  your excuses as to why and your endless deflections show the kind of man you are and that's fine.  It also means that there's literally zero credible argument anyone will ever show you that will change your mind.

Trudeau, BC, anything you don't agree with or that goes against your beliefs='s bad

Anything you like or agree with regardless of actual fact='s good.

You choose to believe lies, misinformation and BS because it jives with your beliefs and that's fine.  the world is full of simple minded masses easily lead astray.  One more person in the mix won't be noticeable.

Edited by Warhippy

6 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

My turn I asked about the japan rail system you were talking about.....would that system be able to handle the harsh winters of Canada ? The snow and ice I mean.....

First off.  Strome pretends to be an adult.  he can answer for himself, while I appreciate your willingness to answer on his behalf or for yourself.  it's his question to answer because it highlights his blatant hypocrisy and I'm a man who likes pointing out people being hypocrites and showing cowardice in the face of things that go against their belief structure

Second, regarding rail.  I know that Finland, Norway and the Nordic nations as well as Northern Japan all run rail through Arctic terrorizes including flat alpine plains, China runs through the Himalayan range as well.  Russia has numerous high speed rail lines that run seamlessly.  Running high speed rail through Lapland would be very similar to running across the plains here in Canada.

Here is a write up about rail use in arctic territories

https://www.hsrail.org/cold-weather-passenger-trains

When it comes to cold-weather innovations in passenger trains, China leads the way. The recently constructed high-speed line, capable of running at 217 mph, traverses some of the most uninhabitable climes on the planet. The corridor, running between Harbin and Dalian in northeastern China, sees temperatures ranging from 40 to -40 degrees Celsius. To meet this challenge China commissioned 22 reports and thousands of tests to guarantee the safety of the “ice-train” – the only-high-speed train of its kind. Some of the distinct features of this line are special snow and ice removing facilities to keep the power supply and signaling systems safe. Furthermore, China has introduced specially designed train sets for this corridor capable of withstanding the extreme temperatures. The CRH5A trains are based on Alstom’s Italian Pendolino trains, which can handle temperatures below -40 degrees Celsius.

In Europe, the Pendolino trains are key to making extreme cold weather travel possible. From the Alps to the edge of the Arctic Circle, these trains have revolutionized winter travel. Today Finland runs numerous high-speed lines, capable of reaching 140 mph using these trains. Routes stretch from Helsinki to Oulu in the far north and St. Petersburg in Russia. In Sweden, other high-speed trainsets can withstand temperatures of -35 degrees Celsius on the Stockholm-Ostersund route. Conventional Swedish trains operate in even more extreme temperatures deep in the Arctic Circle, on routes such as between Narvik, Norway and Kiruna, Sweden. Throughout Scandinavia, specially designed rolling stock connect communities that would otherwise be stranded for much of the year.

To connect Moscow with St. Petersburg, Siemens modified its Velaro train design to prepare for the harsh Russian winter. The new “Sapsan” trains include extra safety functions and were built with special-grade, cold-resistant steel and plastic. They also employ new technology that keeps passengers comfortable even in the worst winter conditions. By updating their existing technology to meet cold weather demands, Siemen successfully brought high-speed trains to Russia.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Alberta has welcomed far more Canadians to come here and given them the ability to earn a very generous living. 

Alberta is Canada. 

As are all the provinces and territories.

The great Canada is the sum of it's parts.

...and Oui, even Quebec.

3 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

So you just agreed it's an fu to Alberta. I never said Harper was right but Jt made it so it can never be negotiated or any future plans. So exactly what I thought you're only out to hurt Alberta, who essentially funds this nation because some politician went after your province.  You complain about us but gave the exact same reason why we're done.

Thanks, Jim. 

Glad we agree.

I think we do agree actually. Which is why I find it surprising that you seem to want to cling to a failed approach to pipeline projects.