The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

but the problem is no one believes Alberta will really be better off, have any crucial leverage, or that Alberta could "leave" with its current borders intact. Its a 1/2 baked idea borne out of anger. 

Seem to work for Quebec and they're a have not province with taxes through the roof. So how is it that the richest province couldn't make it?

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Seem to work for Quebec and they're a have not province with taxes through the roof. So how is it that the richest province couldn't make it?

you're landlocked. Without ocean access you're creating even more dependance on the US, and with a country you just left that no longer has to care about your citizens welfare one iota.

This is part of whats wrong with being locked into anger mode - trying to use Quebec as a model for Alberta separation doesn't work .

3 hours ago, Boudrias said:

Exactly. Greenies seem to be geographically specific. Strange? Conversation with Ottawa is a waste of time. The western CPC members like Rempel still talks that way. The last 30 years don't seem to register. When I talked to her she was a tad more aggressive. What more of a message do you need than watching out sad sack leader, JT, mumble on TV.  Elect 20 Wesit MP's and the process will be unstoppable. 

Strange? You honestly can't think of a reason that the coasts are "greener" than the center of the country? :huh:

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you're landlocked. Without ocean access you're creating even more dependance on the US, and with a country you just left that no longer has to care about your citizens welfare one iota.

This is part of whats wrong with being locked into anger mode - trying to use Quebec as a model for Alberta separation doesn't work .

Lol Canada is totally dependent on the United States. Didn't say Ottawa needed to care but obviously Ottawa would buy oil and gas off Alberta. 

9 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol Canada is totally dependent on the United States. Didn't say Ottawa needed to care but obviously Ottawa would buy oil and gas off Alberta. 

Tried that in the 80s.  They were told to freeze in the dark.  Alberta opted to sell to America instead.  Leaving the nation to buy back refined product.  Just saying.  The seeds planted decades ago are trees now

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Tried that in the 80s.  They were told to freeze in the dark.  Alberta opted to sell to America instead.  Leaving the nation to buy back refined product.  Just saying.  The seeds planted decades ago are trees now

Wrong. Alberta was forced to sell to the rest of Canada at a reduced rate rather than get market value. Educate yourself please.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

you do understand the idea of a diversified economy vs one thats primarily oil based, right? 

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Would be a welcomed decision. 

I imagine the liberals will sweep Alberta in the next election. :ph34r:

nope, they will approve Teck next week, and have an MP or two quit the party in protest. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Happy Sunday..we agree.

I'm glad the AB gov't came to its senses and closed the deal with the Cree first nation. Gives one some hope projects can actually happen in Canada. Hopefully when its approved next week it dials down some of the anger. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Cheers 1

56 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

some good news for AB today @Ryan Strome - I think you'll see the fed's approve this now next week. 

Well that certainly is terrible news for all Canadians....

I am sure the climate change deniers will be celebrating though...

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Any chance you live in China and not in beautiful BC since you don't really seem to care about losing our wonderful environment due to climate change....

I want Canada to have jobs and industry. I particularly want first nations people to be able to get out of the devastating poverty cycle. You seem to value vague notions of being a climate activist but all you're doing is giving more opportunity to the Saudi's and Russia to sell oil and have our own people hurt. Give your head a shake man, and think about the consequences of what you're talking about. And spare me the climate spew, if the Cree first nation is OK with the project you should be too. 

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I want Canada to have jobs and industry. I particularly want first nations people to be able to get out of the devastating poverty cycle. You seem to value vague notions of being a climate activist but all you're doing is giving more opportunity to the Saudi's and Russia to sell oil and have our own people hurt. Give your head a shake man, and think about the consequences of what you're talking about. And spare me the climate spew, if the Cree first nation is OK with the project you should be too. 

Not worth the negative costs to humans across the globe......

Environmental migrants or climate refugees[a] are people who are forced to leave their home region due to sudden or long-term changes to their local environment.

hese claims have gained significant currency, with the most common projection being that the world will have 150–200 million climate change refugees by 2050.These claims have gained significant currency, with the most common projection being that the world will have 150–200 million climate change refugees by 2050.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_migrant

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

giphy.gif

• Haha 1