Sign in to follow this  
Robert Long

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I hope it's the MP for papineau.

thats probably the only thing he could do to prove his love for Alberta 

  • Hydration 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats probably the only thing he could do to prove his love for Alberta 

Happy Sunday..we agree.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Happy Sunday..we agree.

I'm glad the AB gov't came to its senses and closed the deal with the Cree first nation. Gives one some hope projects can actually happen in Canada. Hopefully when its approved next week it dials down some of the anger. 

 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

some good news for AB today @Ryan Strome - I think you'll see the fed's approve this now next week. 

 

 

Well that certainly is terrible news for all Canadians....

 

I am sure the climate change deniers will be celebrating though...

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Well that certainly is terrible news for all Canadians....

 

I am sure the climate change deniers will be celebrating though...

any chance you live in Saudi Arabia and not Surrey? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

any chance you live in Saudi Arabia and not Surrey? 

Any chance you live in China and not in beautiful BC since you don't really seem to care about losing our wonderful environment due to climate change....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Any chance you live in China and not in beautiful BC since you don't really seem to care about losing our wonderful environment due to climate change....

I want Canada to have jobs and industry. I particularly want first nations people to be able to get out of the devastating poverty cycle. You seem to value vague notions of being a climate activist but all you're doing is giving more opportunity to the Saudi's and Russia to sell oil and have our own people hurt. Give your head a shake man, and think about the consequences of what you're talking about. And spare me the climate spew, if the Cree first nation is OK with the project you should be too. 

  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I want Canada to have jobs and industry. I particularly want first nations people to be able to get out of the devastating poverty cycle. You seem to value vague notions of being a climate activist but all you're doing is giving more opportunity to the Saudi's and Russia to sell oil and have our own people hurt. Give your head a shake man, and think about the consequences of what you're talking about. And spare me the climate spew, if the Cree first nation is OK with the project you should be too. 

Not worth the negative costs to humans across the globe......

 

Environmental migrants or climate refugees[a] are people who are forced to leave their home region due to sudden or long-term changes to their local environment.

hese claims have gained significant currency, with the most common projection being that the world will have 150–200 million climate change refugees by 2050.These claims have gained significant currency, with the most common projection being that the world will have 150–200 million climate change refugees by 2050.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_migrant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I want Canada to have jobs and industry. I particularly want first nations people to be able to get out of the devastating poverty cycle. You seem to value vague notions of being a climate activist but all you're doing is giving more opportunity to the Saudi's and Russia to sell oil and have our own people hurt. Give your head a shake man, and think about the consequences of what you're talking about. And spare me the climate spew, if the Cree first nation is OK with the project you should be too. 

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm glad the AB gov't came to its senses and closed the deal with the Cree first nation. Gives one some hope projects can actually happen in Canada. Hopefully when its approved next week it dials down some of the anger. 

 

Then If TECK doesn't go forward with the project because the prices aren't there (north of $70 -$75 per barrel) it'll be hard for Strome and co to blame JT.  Somehow I think they will try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Not worth the negative costs to humans across the globe......

 

Environmental migrants or climate refugees[a] are people who are forced to leave their home region due to sudden or long-term changes to their local environment.

hese claims have gained significant currency, with the most common projection being that the world will have 150–200 million climate change refugees by 2050.These claims have gained significant currency, with the most common projection being that the world will have 150–200 million climate change refugees by 2050.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Environmental_migrant

:picard: Canada's climate contribution will not be the main cause of that. All you're doing is killing opportunities. You seem to be supportive of first nations leaders when it aligns with what you want, but when its not you post this kind of stuff. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Then If TECK doesn't go forward with the project because the prices aren't there (north of $70 -$75 per barrel) it'll be hard for Strome and co to blame JT.  Somehow I think they will try.

oh probably. But at least the support was there. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

:picard: Canada's climate contribution will not be the main cause of that. All you're doing is killing opportunities. You seem to be supportive of first nations leaders when it aligns with what you want, but when its not you post this kind of stuff. 

I realize that you and other climate change deniers don't like to read and respect Science but....

 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/methane-emissions-from-oil-and-gas-may-be-significantly-underestimated/

 

The fossil fuel industry may be responsible for a much greater share of the world’s methane emissions than previously estimated, according to new research that could intensify urgency around curbing the potent gas from oil and gas production.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I realize that you and other climate change deniers don't like to read and respect Science but....

 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/methane-emissions-from-oil-and-gas-may-be-significantly-underestimated/

 

The fossil fuel industry may be responsible for a much greater share of the world’s methane emissions than previously estimated, according to new research that could intensify urgency around curbing the potent gas from oil and gas production.

why do you post this stuff? 

 

Canada's specific contribution to global greenhouse emissions is 1.6% (https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/environmental-indicators/global-greenhouse-gas-emissions.html).

 

Changes are going to happen with or without us. All you're doing is killing jobs. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

why do you post this stuff? 

 

Canada's specific contribution to global greenhouse emissions is 1.6% (https://www.canada.ca/en/environment-climate-change/services/environmental-indicators/global-greenhouse-gas-emissions.html).

 

Changes are going to happen with or without us. All you're doing is killing jobs. 

17e1c7ce02ddf2b2f365472a4a352562.gif

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I realize that you and other climate change deniers don't like to read and respect Science but....

 

https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/methane-emissions-from-oil-and-gas-may-be-significantly-underestimated/

 

The fossil fuel industry may be responsible for a much greater share of the world’s methane emissions than previously estimated, according to new research that could intensify urgency around curbing the potent gas from oil and gas production.

I’m curious to know what you do for work?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I want Canada to have jobs and industry. I particularly want first nations people to be able to get out of the devastating poverty cycle. You seem to value vague notions of being a climate activist but all you're doing is giving more opportunity to the Saudi's and Russia to sell oil and have our own people hurt. Give your head a shake man, and think about the consequences of what you're talking about. And spare me the climate spew, if the Cree first nation is OK with the project you should be too. 

careful Jimmy,  you are starting to sound like a Conservative with posts like this  ;)

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Pickly said:

I’m curious to know what you do for work?

Why because i am not a climate change denier..... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Why because i am not a climate change denier..... ?

No im just curious..or do you work? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Pickly said:

No im just curious..or do you work? 

Do you work ?  Do you enjoy hiking  / fishing. / wading our local flows..... ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.