The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

6 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Barring his and Tecks numerous statements about the cost being one of the main reason they'd pull the plug.  see the letter they sent the minister in charge?  Kind of spells it out clearly.

There's no defense of JT anymore than there is a rational thought in your head.  but you voted for Jason Kenney and think he's a great leader so whatever

And you voted for a party that lost in your provincial election and got stomped federally but you do you and act as if only your partisan thought process is the only acceptable one.

Given your response though why do you follow me around and quote me? Also seems strange considering you said you had me blocked..

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Maybe get some pipelines built so we get market value would be a start.

Didn't JT get one past the approval process with construction starting while Harper and co failed miserably.   Even with business friendly provincial governments in the west. 

JT for the win.

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

And you voted for a party that lost in your provincial election and got stomped federally but you do you and act as if only your partisan thought process is the only acceptable one.

Given your response though why do you follow me around and quote me? Also seems strange considering you said you had me blocked..

I voted for a party that currently holds power based on the democratic processes created by the parties of the province.  I know right, sucks doesn't it

But then you defend JT so whatever man.  It's not my fault you want pipelines so badly you have to defend JT because he's literally the only reason pipelines are getting built at all.  JT lover

16 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Maybe get some pipelines built so we get market value would be a start.

See, JT is building pipelines.  he's giving you what you want.  He's got more built in 5 years than a decade of effectively conservative super majorities.  So it's a good thing you love and defend him because he's literally giving you exactly what you want

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Teck pulling the plug on this project is EXACTLY the same as the pulling of the Mackenzie Valley project from the Beaufort.

For exactly the same reasons.

So is this going to just continue to be trend with all energy projects in Canada? And we'll have ended up missing the boat on a number of them? 

3 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

So is this going to just continue to be trend with all energy projects in Canada? And we'll have ended up missing the boat on a number of them? 

It's been the trend since about early 2014.  The market is just not there to support these large projects right now.  There's no incentive to launch a massive investment of cash and time in to a project that at current rates would be losing almost $20 a barrel at first production.  Tt was and is a huge gamble that is most likely not going to pay off.

Pure money right now Frontier is operating at a loss.  In 10-20 years it will; at todays rates have been a massive boondoggle.  At current projections it would take almost 18 years before Teck started generating a profit.  I don't think this is going to be different for many companies prior to frontier or after.  

The market is just not there to support it; regardless of any government.  As for missing the boat.  We missed out on the energy boom back in the 90s and mid 2000s.  If we build it now, we'll just be throwing money away

32 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Didn't JT get one past the approval process with construction starting while Harper and co failed miserably.   Even with business friendly provincial governments in the west. 

JT for the win.

I guess Harper should have bought it.

22 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

I voted for a party that currently holds power based on the democratic processes created by the parties of the province.  I know right, sucks doesn't it

But then you defend JT so whatever man.  It's not my fault you want pipelines so badly you have to defend JT because he's literally the only reason pipelines are getting built at all.  JT lover

See, JT is building pipelines.  he's giving you what you want.  He's got more built in 5 years than a decade of effectively conservative super majorities.  So it's a good thing you love and defend him because he's literally giving you exactly what you want

Like I said you voted for a party that did not win either election. Has anyone ever called you a loser? I mean I won't but it seems strange, you came in here to argue and defend your man crush but nobody is arguing anything lol

You and destroyer need to get out lol