Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy McGill

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

13 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No need for the federal government to waste anymore tax dollars fighting a losing battle. Alberta judges were pretty decisive. give us our money back and scrap the tax.

That's not how it works.  The Supreme court will provide the final say on this issue.   If the court sides with those fighting the Carbon tax then give you guys back your money.   If it sides with the Federal government then too bad for you.  That's how our democracy works, and BTW how the US and many other democracies work. 

4 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

That's not how it works.  The Supreme court will provide the final say on this issue.   If the court sides with those fighting the Carbon tax then give you guys back your money.   If it sides with the Federal government then too bad for you.  That's how our democracy works, and BTW how the US and many other democracies work. 

what kind of a moron would fight a. carbon tax ?   is this the same  type of person that is fighting mandatory vacinations ?

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

what kind of a moron would fight a. carbon tax ?   is this the same  type of person that is fighting mandatory vacinations ?

We fought it and won!

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

We fought it and won!

Will you fight to ban mandatory vacinations next ?

Will you fight for right for children to be able to buy cigarettes and chewing tobacco next ?

Will Alberta next fight for the right of elementary kids to bring guns to school ?

Quite a province you guys are building there....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

We fought it and won!

You won in Alberta.   The final say comes from the Supreme court of Canada.  You're celebrating a win with the 3rd period yet to finish.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

You won in Alberta.   The final say comes from the Supreme court of Canada.  You're celebrating a win with the 3rd period yet to finish.

Alberta court voting to support climate destruction...  WELL that certainly is a surprise...

LMAO

See you at CDN Supreme court....  you will get destroyed there. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

44 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

one would think they would have approved it before and put the ball in tecks Court to either Nix it or go forward with it that way they couldn't get blamed

So you like the tone?

one would think, that yes. 

I guess the only thing saving Alberta from self-imposed exile is comments with that "tone" might serve as a release valve on coffee row. My concern is that it turns into a Brexit-like situation where people really do turn off their brains. 

I'm more concerned today than ever before that Canada is shooting itself in the foot economically. I don't think Trudeau/Butts has the answer. Freeland may. MacKay doesn't. 

I dunno man, I don't see a way out at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

No need to go that far. Alberta judges are totally impartial and are the best in the world.

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

one would think, that yes. 

I guess the only thing saving Alberta from self-imposed exile is comments with that "tone" might serve as a release valve on coffee row. My concern is that it turns into a Brexit-like situation where people really do turn off their brains. 

I'm more concerned today than ever before that Canada is shooting itself in the foot economically. I don't think Trudeau/Butts has the answer. Freeland may. MacKay doesn't. 

I dunno man, I don't see a way out at the moment. 

You really are homesick. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alberta court voting to support climate destruction...  WELL that certainly is a suprise...

LMAO

See you at CDN Supreme court....  you will get destroyed there. 

Nah jt should do the right thing and let it go. He was beat by the most impartial judges in Canada. Just give the money back Justin,  no apology needed. 

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Haha 1

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

No need to go that far. Alberta judges are totally impartial and are the best in the world.

Actually it does because that's how precedent works.  That Supreme court decision will apply for the entire nation.   Saskatchewan is in on the challenge. 

That's how it works. 

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nah jt should do the right thing and let it go. He was beat by the most impartial judges in Canada. Just give the money back Justin,  no apology needed. 

Climate change is real .. why would any government support climate change ?  Are you hoping for warmer Alberta winters ?

1 minute ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Ha ha ha.  Child abuse is funny.  In Alberta maybe. /s

Ahh snowflake..

2 hours ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

A little premature.   This kind of demand would be warranted if the Supreme Court of Canada ruled the Carbon Tax unconstitutional.  Until the Supreme Court rules, this is a bunch of hot air b.s.

The Supreme Court Of Canada may rule the carbon tax unconstitutional, but then decide to allow it "for the greater public good"; just as they did for random roadside checks.

47 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Missed the sarcasm I see.

clearly that makes two of us we may differ on many political views but I don't see you as a snowflake

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

Ha ha ha.  Child abuse is funny.  In Alberta maybe. /s

Isn’t the first rule of comedy that you can only make fun of what you are?  Did you hear about the inbred moron from Lethbridge...? 

• Haha 2

Looks like the fear mongering was just that.

The throne speech hinted at spending cuts of less than three per cent over three years. However, the speech said, funding will be maintained or increased for health care, education, community and social services, and children’s services.

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Looks like the fear mongering was just that.

The throne speech hinted at spending cuts of less than three per cent over three years. However, the speech said, funding will be maintained or increased for health care, education, community and social services, and children’s services.

With respect, that sounds like the last one and then....