The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

So it will warm up here?

No more minus 40 to minus 50 for 2 weeks straight?

I think its the 40C+ dustbowl summers you might want to think about. Man i don't miss that blow dryer SK summer weather. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Uh, still there?

Not as much as there used to be.

There's a scientific reason that it's bad, but I won't bother explaining, since science doesn't seem to be your thing.

Enjoy the "warmer weather" this summer. Hopefully farmers aren't too adversely affected.

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Not as much as there used to be.

There's a scientific reason that it's bad, but I won't bother explaining, since science doesn't seem to be your thing.

Enjoy the "warmer weather" this summer. Hopefully farmers aren't too adversely affected.

oh I'm sure they will be all right in fact the last 10 or 15 years has being the wealthiest time for farmers

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

oh I'm sure they will be all right in fact the last 10 or 15 years has being the wealthiest time for farmers

How many tree hugging lefties actually ever get their hands dirty?  I don’t think any of those types really know what it is to work hard.  Do they even fathom how important it is to their comfortable lives that our farmers are successful?  Our tax dollars should be spent to help our hard working farmers and not wasted on tree hugging, protesting, Swiss Mocha drinking, never worked a day in their lives, soft hands, government should take care of me, free bee hand out people.  

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How many tree hugging lefties actually ever get their hands dirty?  I don’t think any of those types really know what it is to work hard.  Do they even fathom how important it is to their comfortable lives that our farmers are successful?  Our tax dollars should be spent to help our hard working farmers and not wasted on tree hugging, protesting, Swiss Mocha drinking, never worked a day in their lives, soft hands, government should take care of me, free bee hand out people.  

The problem is that the majority of these hard working farmers you are talking about are minimum wage earners working on a foreign owned industrial farm. That leaves a whole lot of exploited workers not getting a fair share of what they produce. I sure don’t want my tax dollars going to them. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, spur1 said:

The problem is that the majority of these hard working farmers you are talking about are minimum wage earners working on a foreign owned industrial farm. That leaves a whole lot of exploited workers not getting a fair share of what they produce. I sure don’t want my tax dollars going to them. 

That’s a good point.  The hard working farmers should get help, and not those who exploit them and don’t have dirt under their nails.  

17 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How many tree hugging lefties actually ever get their hands dirty?  I don’t think any of those types really know what it is to work hard.  Do they even fathom how important it is to their comfortable lives that our farmers are successful?  Our tax dollars should be spent to help our hard working farmers and not wasted on tree hugging, protesting, Swiss Mocha drinking, never worked a day in their livessoft hands, government should take care of me, free bee hand out people.  

Careful Alf, I'm pretty sure that puts you well over your hackneyed cliche allotment for the month....

• Haha 1

Just now, Alflives said:

It even costs now to adopt a cat from the SPCA!  What the hell is our world coming too?  :frantic:

Tell me about it.

My daughter works at the local SPCA and we've fostered about 20 of them over the past year or so. She fell in love with a brother/sister pair and adopted them.

No break on the price for her....

• Huggy Bear 1

23 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I also take offence to lumping leftists in with that bunch. As if a leftist is a bad thing. 

26 minutes ago, spur1 said:

In Alberta? Nope

• Thanks 2