The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

Please educate yourself, hip. Alberta transferred 49 billion to Ottawa and received like 21 billion back.

Your numbers keep changing bud.  You're 10 ply living in a fantasy world where you can't keep the math straight

2 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Really?

So an Alberta with only 30% of its existing landmass and oil reserves

Zero port access.  Zero highway or rail access.  Zero medical equipment from federal sources.  Zero access to the American border.  Zero pipelines that exist without going through Canada first.  Zero airspace access and no existing trade agreements would have more leverage than Canada.

Really?  You're spare parts aren't ya bud?

Newsflash Canada loses rail access across country. 

We would be taking 100% of Alberta. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Warhippy said:

Your numbers keep changing bud.  You're 10 ply living in a fantasy world where you can't keep the math straight

You don't have a clue what you're trying to debate. You crunched numbers without even knowing what Alberta contributed. You were only using equalization numbers. 

Please educate yourself. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Oh really?

And the Flames will win the first Alberta Cup the year after right?

100% of Alberta :lol:

Oh man that's rich bud.  Bit early to hit the sauce but when in Berta....

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

You don't have a clue what you're trying to debate. You crunched numbers without even knowing what Alberta contributed. You were only using equalization numbers. 

Please educate yourself. 

No no. I used your numbers.  You stated $23 billion I used that specific metric.

Please stop drinking before noon

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Pretty sure that won't be the case. 

When Quebec wanted to separate, the Clarity Act outlined separation process.  Canada will take back everything the is considered Federal Government property.

Cold Lake is a military base.  Edmonton garrison base is also Federally owned.  Alberta will have to pay Canada to get that piece back.

Not to mention all the First Nations that may want to remain Canadians.

It will not be as easy as you think. 

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well we would save 23 billion a year..

would you tho?

That number assumes several things: that Albertans would make the same wages they are making now, that they would also spend what they spend now, and that your captive oil market also maintains its profitability. 

All three of those are on shaky ground. One thing thats often forgotten in that 20+ billion dollar figure is a big chunk of that is tax generated by spending. You're still going to have to buy things and guess what? you might just be subjected to export duties by both the US and Canada depending on how belligerent you become. I guess there's always Alibaba tho as an alternative. 

Actually I forgot taxation, that would be maintained at the current levels as well. But I'm assuming you guys won't be able to help yourselves and will want to lower personal and corporate rates, eating nicely into that 20+ billion number even more. 

Where's the money going to come from for all the big plans? 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

26 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

That's only equalization. 

Please educate yourself. 

lmao ok.  I guess I'll have to educate myself using the literal numbers you stated 

43 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Lol btw how does Canada recoup the 23 billion a year they lose?

That's more than they spend on defense. 

It's like you don't even try anymore

5 minutes ago, BPA said:

When Quebec wanted to separate, the Clarity Act outlined separation process.  Canada will take back everything the is considered Federal Government property.

Cold Lake is a military base.  Edmonton garrison base is also Federally owned.  Alberta will have to pay Canada to get that piece back.

clarity act and partition principal.  you're right.  he's wrong.  but the prevailing belief is that nothing would change and everything would be ok.  much like none of Alberta's issues are in house.  but instead, as you saw stated.  All Notley and Trudeaus fault.

You cannot make up that level of fantasy living

50 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Does AB become another Montana without oil? Maybe but the oil will flow for another 30 years. That is not a lot of time and to a degree forces AB’s hand. Do they continue to shovel money eastward or take their destiny into their own hands. As I said no Albertan should have any delusions that easterners will give two craps about AB when the cash cow drys up. 

Some people seem seem to take comfort thinking the attitude in AB is isolated there. I suggest it exists across the West. Does that manifest into a real Wexit movement? To a large degree that likely is decided in AB. AB could be the focal point that drives a movement across the West. Kenney, the federalist, is not secure and he knows it. He draws out the process of addressing the grassroots at his political peril. He might get away with a separate police force and pension plan but I doubt that is enough. When people are hurting financially and see industry collapsing, their society collapsing, they will react. Wexit will be on the next provincial ballot and Kenney knows that. 

All the politics aside aside when the debt crisis hits Canada will not survive anyway. Scary times ahead.

You know that 'us vs them' thing is really driven out of Alberta. I've lived all over Canada, no one drives the hate part more than Albertans do. 

I do agree on the debt crisis for sure, I don't see how Alberta gets out of wexit without a lot of debt, there's just no choice as they are going to have to invest in diversification to survive past 30 years. Oh and all the while maintaining social service and education levels. 

its a fools game B, wexit cant produce a better-off Alberta. Thats what you get with all the empty anger. 

Kenney is also an idiot, which isn't helping. Right now Trudeau is desperate for wins. Kenney should have demanded billions in investment for a bitumen pellet plant so Alberta can get oil to NB, and &^@# Quebec's superior sense of 'social capital'. But instead, here we are fighting about bumper stickers. 

25 minutes ago, BPA said:

Not sure anyone said easy.

Imo it's a card to play for fair treatment. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

would you tho?

That number assumes several things: that Albertans would make the same wages they are making now, that they would also spend what they spend now, and that your captive oil market also maintains its profitability. 

All three of those are on shaky ground. One thing thats often forgotten in that 20+ billion dollar figure is a big chunk of that is tax generated by spending. You're still going to have to buy things and guess what? you might just be subjected to export duties by both the US and Canada depending on how belligerent you become. I guess there's always Alibaba tho as an alternative. 

Why would Canada or the US do this?

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

lmao ok.  I guess I'll have to educate myself using the literal numbers you stated 

It's like you don't even try anymore

Omg you are not very smart. That is only equalization!! Why do you not understand? Do you not know what Alberta contributes to Ottawa. 

Please educate yourself so you don't look dumb.

Edited by Ryan Strome

20 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

clarity act and partition principal.  you're right.  he's wrong.  but the prevailing belief is that nothing would change and everything would be ok.  much like none of Alberta's issues are in house.  but instead, as you saw stated.  All Notley and Trudeaus fault.

You cannot make up that level of fantasy living

Do you know the details about energy east? Or are you as uneducated on that as you're on what Alberta contributes?

14 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Good riddens Alberta....

The only thing Canada will miss is....

XABVEGegg_springer1.jpg

See, Kos gets it.

1 minute ago, Curmudgeon said:

I should know better than to expect a direct answer. What are you trying to say, Strome, because your reply makes zero sense.

It was pretty clear.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Omg you are not very smart. That is only equalization!! Why do you not understand? Do you not know what Alberta contributes to Ottawa. 

Please educate yourself so you don't look dumb.

Then quote the ENTIRETY of the numbers so I can make you look foolish all over again.  If you say "how will you make up a 23 billion shortfall" I will use 23 billion as muy benchmark.  If you somehow move the goalposts to over 40 billion I will show you how they can come close to that as well.

You claim people are not very smart but then ignore simple market forces for why oil money has left Alberta.  You claim people are not smart but blame Albertas debt on Trudeau and Notley not 2 pages ago instead of accepting that many of Albertas debt issues are literally created in house.  You claim others aren't smart but are under the belief Alberta will leave the nation without any issue and somehow keep all of their landmass unfettered ocean access and no issues with trade at all with America.  You claim others aren't smart but then source the US as your best trade partner if Alberta leaves, but also claim that having the us as your only trade partner is a huge part of your revenue issues.

I mean come on man.  Give your head a shake.  This is where you roll out your "gas receipt" statement or "you said the ndp were" quote because you know you look so damned foolish it drags down any possibility that exit would ever happen with that level of intelligence behind the movement 

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Do you know the details about energy east? Or are you as uneducated on that as you're on what Alberta contributes?

You ask me about details of a pipeline that Quebec helped kill, trudeau helped hold up but was in the end cancelled by the company that wanted to build it.  But then also state that none of your provinces issues are in house but instead everyone else fault while also believing Alberta will leave with it's entire landmass intact.

You're spare parts bud

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

depends on how angry you guys are and what kind of uncompromising mood you're in. 

I have said repeatedly Alberta and Canada could be great allies.

5 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Then quote the ENTIRETY of the numbers so I can make you look foolish all over again.  If you say "how will you make up a 23 billion shortfall" I will use 23 billion as muy benchmark.  If you somehow move the goalposts to over 40 billion I will show you how they can come close to that as well.

You claim people are not very smart but then ignore simple market forces for why oil money has left Alberta.  You claim people are not smart but blame Albertas debt on Trudeau and Notley not 2 pages ago instead of accepting that many of Albertas debt issues are literally created in house.  You claim others aren't smart but are under the belief Alberta will leave the nation without any issue and somehow keep all of their landmass unfettered ocean access and no issues with trade at all with America.  You claim others aren't smart but then source the US as your best trade partner if Alberta leaves, but also claim that having the us as your only trade partner is a huge part of your revenue issues.

I mean come on man.  Give your head a shake.  This is where you roll out your "gas receipt" statement or "you said the ndp were" quote because you know you look so damned foolish it drags down any possibility that exit would ever happen with that level of intelligence behind the movement 

Omg you won't make anyone look foolish but yourself. All in all Alberta contributed 49 billion, do your deductions. 

You talk alot for a misinformed individual. 

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You ask me about details of a pipeline that Quebec helped kill, trudeau helped hold up but was in the end cancelled by the company that wanted to build it.  But then also state that none of your provinces issues are in house but instead everyone else fault while also believing Alberta will leave with it's entire landmass intact.

You're spare parts bud

Why did the company cancel? JT did more than hold it up he put so much on them as far as emissions go.

Please educate yourself.