The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 hour ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

I'm going to be honest.  I'm Albertan but I also don't really agree with separation and in all honestly I don't think it will ever happen.   Although many people don't know, Alberta is more than oil and gas and many of these Albertan companies are integrated with Canada it would make it extremely difficult to have a clear divorce. But with that said, if it were to ever happen, i don't see many Albertan's leaving, When you consider the cost of moving, job search and cost of living in other places even if you were completely against separation i don't think packing up and leaving is a realistic option at least in the short term.  Just think of all the Americans going to move to canada if trump won, yeah that didn't happen. Moving is a lot of work.  The amount of people that do leave, you will also probably see the same influx of people moving into Alberta with the promise of better opportunity.

I appreciate your thoughtful response. Thanks for your civility. 

45 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Summer is coming I think we'll be bringing our $80,000 pickups to BC along with our $30,000 boats

Yupp and setting up portable canning factories while you decimate our salmon runs.....

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Curmudgeon said:

Do you understand you've never give me a direct answer?

im 99% certain he's referencing the fact that any flight from Van to TO needs to go through the US but in no way touches Alberta at all.  Why he thinks that somehow someway this is important I am not sure.  As Alberta never factors in to any discussion at all

https://ac.fltmaps.com/mobile/en/Routes?From=Vancouver (YVR)&FromId=YVR&FromLocationType=Station&To=Toronto&ToId=YTO&ToLocationType=City&Connections=False&NonStop=False&CodeShares=True&SortBy=NumberStops&ShowAsList=False&ShowHeader=True&map=True

34 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Gotta go green lol I'll take my horse trailer and sad part is a boat would have been cheaper lol

Geez man you can go down to Fort Benton and go down the Mississippi! That’s how the NWMP got all their stuff.

• Cheers 1

10 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Geez man you can go down to Fort Benton and go down the Mississippi! That’s how the NWMP got all their stuff.

I do enjoy river rafting and floating down the river on a tub but I like riding on crown land and I can down that way too. Ha 

edit* a horse can take me anywhere and a boat I'm kinda stuck floating or hiking and I'm sorry I'm to lazy and my knees wouldn't handle long hikes lol and most ranchers don't mind if you ride on their land if you ask. 

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Jean's article is funny. 3/4 of his "fixes" are based on taking away BCs rights and ramming a pipeline through BC... which is somehow "fairer". Gotta love this guy. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually he makes some good points. Shocking you don't agree. A nation dependent on Alberta how sad.

what points? Elected senate, then 3 points about ramming through Alberta energy projects. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Actually he makes some good points. Shocking you don't agree. A nation dependent on Alberta how sad.

He makes one good legal point then effectively says Alberta should be able to do X, Y and Z but BC needs to or else.

So....

I mean imagine he gets his way, everything he wants is done.  The rest of the nation says gas prices are too high, we now have the legal right to take over Alberta's oil sands and dictate the prices because it's now in the best interest of national unity as per Jeans desired constitutional challenge.

What then?

Brian Jean is a whiny little b!+(#.  The guy was part of a near decade long majority Conservative government and did NOTHING.   It's only after the Conservatives snatched defeat from the jaws of victory that his complaining about how Canada is broken really started.   What a bunch of babies. 

• Thanks 1