The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

53 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I'm bored and usually this is the one thread I can count on for good/ entertaining debate ha wtf

hearing people in b.c complain about the price of gas is funny as hell , maybe if you just agreed to let the pipeline in your gas prices might be lower haha 

okay how how else can I stir the pot......

oh maybe when Alberta finally leaves Canada everyone will realize just how much business stems from Alberta......

b.c talks about tourism like its a steady business ha all it takes is one virus to wipe that out ha but oil is the bad one, all of Canada just makes money off it ha remind me again who profits the most from tourism ? Ha

ummmmm oh maybe if your PM gave tax breaks to companies they would stay there and that way you wouldn't have rely on tourism as much ha or people from other provinces retiring to b.c so they can live in a nice Strada and just offer locals seasonal work and all those people retiring are just raising your house prices ha 

but hey maybe Alberta should take business advice from b.c........ Tourism is the way to go, so idiots can trash your lakes and start forst fires ha 

sorry got into a pot chocolate ha and bored ha 

Wanna stir the pot?

The biggest whiners about Trudeau cut medical funding in their provinces and claimed Trudeau was spending too much while giving tax breaks to corporations.

Now they're saying thank you Trudeau for the money during this, but we need more.

You can't write this stuff

• Cheers 2

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Wanna stir the pot?

The biggest whiners about Trudeau cut medical funding in their provinces and claimed Trudeau was spending too much while giving tax breaks to corporations.

Now they're saying thank you Trudeau for the money during this, but we need more.

You can't write this stuff

Ha but if the pipeline went in , Alberta wouldn't need to ask for money ha 

simple fix......as you can see the Canadian dollar is tied to CANADAIN oil and sure Alberta benefits the most from oil but it's not just Alberta getting hurt now is it? 

Also if alberta left Canada would things change? No Canada is in bad shape period and losing Alberta only makes things worse.....

edit* I can still hang JT for free, im sure trump would lend me a rope ha or atleast RS would ha

Edited by RowdyCanuck
  • Cheers 1

41 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Ha but if the pipeline went in , Alberta wouldn't need to ask for money ha 

simple fix......as you can see the Canadian dollar is tied to CANADAIN oil and sure Alberta benefits the most from oil but it's not just Alberta getting hurt now is it? 

Also if alberta left Canada would things change? No Canada is in bad shape period and losing Alberta only makes things worse.....

edit* I can still hang JT for free, im sure trump would lend me a rope ha or atleast RS would ha

If AB wasn’t the cash cow it is they wouldn’t be so afraid of separation. Turdeau is in 7th heaven because now he is paying everyone.

• Cheers 2

8 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

If AB wasn’t the cash cow it is they wouldn’t be so afraid of separation. Turdeau is in 7th heaven because now he is paying everyone.

Yup.

but if you keep milking that cow 24/7 that cow will kick you or turn on you.....or your cow goes dry.....

a course not, it would be like when Quebec tried too and all of Canada laughed.....no one is laughing at the idea if Alberta does it....

7th heaven or 7th gate of hell? Ha

people are now grasping that oil is far more then just Alberta and when alberta crashes so does the rest of Canada , in my life time I can't think of a time when Alberta crashed and it has no affect on Canada, but I'm a young buck compared to some on here ha 

• 1 month later...
On 3/15/2020 at 9:31 PM, RowdyCanuck said:

Yup.

but if you keep milking that cow 24/7 that cow will kick you or turn on you.....or your cow goes dry.....

a course not, it would be like when Quebec tried too and all of Canada laughed.....no one is laughing at the idea if Alberta does it....

7th heaven or 7th gate of hell? Ha

people are now grasping that oil is far more then just Alberta and when alberta crashes so does the rest of Canada , in my life time I can't think of a time when Alberta crashed and it has no affect on Canada, but I'm a young buck compared to some on here ha 

Were you around for that vote?

I was and no-one was laughing. I know prognosticating is a bit of a wasted effort, but FWIW, I think the chances of Alberta separating are very low. Nowhere close to what we saw with Quebec.

21 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I was and no-one was laughing. I know prognosticating is a bit of a wasted effort, but FWIW, I think the chances of Alberta separating are very low. Nowhere close to what we saw with Quebec.

I remember watching that, fell asleep as I was like 13 but I thought it was over. Woke up and Dad said Quebec is still part of Canada. 

34 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Freedom Conservatives and Wexit Alberta will be voting on a union.

Wildrose independence party of Alberta. 

Union between Wexit, Freedom Conservative parties on the table

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/union-between-wexit-freedom-conservative-parties-on-the-table-1.4913690

Are Freedom Conservatives a social conservative group?

And wasn't there a Wild Rose party at one time?

9 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Are Freedom Conservatives a social conservative group?

And wasn't there a Wild Rose party at one time?

1) You could say yes, however Derek Filderbrand marched in the pride parade iirc. However he is no longer the leader.

2) yes, they were the official opposition from 2015 until the merger. The UCP ran dummy candidates in two ridings just to keep the two names of the former parties. I imagine a lawsuit if that name is used.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I remember watching that, fell asleep as I was like 13 but I thought it was over. Woke up and Dad said Quebec is still part of Canada. 

It was very close. Within a percentage point, IIRC.

Huge voter turnout as well. Over 90% of eligible voters.

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

1) You could say yes, however Derek Filderbrand marched in the pride parade iirc. However he is no longer the leader.

2) yes, they were the official opposition from 2015 until the merger. The UCP ran dummy candidates in two ridings just to keep the two names of the former parties. I imagine a lawsuit if that name is used.

Makes perfect sense.....considering their leader....B)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Yes I was ha I was living in Manitoba and our town laughed.........

yea after this it won't happen. 

6 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Freedom Conservatives and Wexit Alberta will be voting on a union.

Wildrose independence party of Alberta. 

Union between Wexit, Freedom Conservative parties on the table

https://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/mobile/union-between-wexit-freedom-conservative-parties-on-the-table-1.4913690

Freedom conservatives sounds like some kind of Monty Python skit ?  Would you invite any of those nutters to your house for a sunday evening dinner.... ?

• 4 weeks later...

In a poll commissioned by the Western Standard of 1,100 Albertans, it was found that up to 48 per cent of Albertans would consider voting “yes” for Alberta independence in a referendum. This is an unprecedented level of support for independence, and there is no sign that it will be going away.

@Jimmy McGill

Edited by Ryan Strome

16 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sure seems like how it feels after reading how those cowards in revelstoke vandalized that guys pickup with red license plates.

Saw a red (expired October 19) license plate with N sticker doing about 20kph over the limit yesterday :lol:

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Sure seems like how it feels after reading how those cowards in revelstoke vandalized that guys pickup with red license plates.

They attacked his pickup with red licence plates? Didn't they have guns?

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Was it more than one coward? Could have been just one loser. 

You mean the dude that moved to BC that got his vehicle keyed right?

Maybe not some much an act of anger towards Alberta but towards people that are travelling right now?

Still, very lame and a criminal act.

4 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

In a poll commissioned by the Western Standard of 1,100 Albertans, it was found that up to 48 per cent of Albertans would consider voting “yes” for Alberta independence in a referendum. This is an unprecedented level of support for independence, and there is no sign that it will be going away.

@Jimmy McGill

image.gif.665589ade4018cc953cb3d8aa5eb64ca.gif

• Haha 1