The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

13 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

In a poll commissioned by the Western Standard of 1,100 Albertans, it was found that up to 48 per cent of Albertans would consider voting “yes” for Alberta independence in a referendum. This is an unprecedented level of support for independence, and there is no sign that it will be going away.

@Jimmy McGill

I see Kenney is refusing to release the report studying Alberta's place in/out of Canada. I do think he is on a short leash and Wexit will challenge him next election. I see the LPC and the NDP combined to keep Parliament shutdown. This country hits new lows everyday that JT is in power. While these politicians sit in their basements the working people of this country go to work.  

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Was it more than one coward? Could have been just one loser. 

You mean the dude that moved to BC that got his vehicle keyed right?

Maybe not some much an act of anger towards Alberta but towards people that are travelling right now?

Still, very lame and a criminal act.

That's the funniest part is he lives in BC. According to warhippy this has happened a few times because he said this before the story came out. BC has not closed it's borders so people are free to travel there. What's even worse is BC is one of the provinces Alberta donated medical supplies to..

9 hours ago, Sharpshooter said:

image.gif.665589ade4018cc953cb3d8aa5eb64ca.gif

For some reason Canada just won't let us leave I wonder why that is. I'm guessing guys like you don't want to pay a 12% gst.

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Cheers 1

43 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

I see Kenney is refusing to release the report studying Alberta's place in/out of Canada. I do think he is on a short leash and Wexit will challenge him next election. I see the LPC and the NDP combined to keep Parliament shutdown. This country hits new lows everyday that JT is in power. While these politicians sit in their basements the working people of this country go to work.  

Yes he is and it's very frustrating. 

Keeping the HOC closed is odd and now the bloc slammed the government for it.

Even the PBO has said all this spending and extra powers to the government without parliament oversight is concerning. 

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

In a poll commissioned by the Western Standard of 1,100 Albertans, it was found that up to 48 per cent of Albertans would consider voting “yes” for Alberta independence in a referendum. This is an unprecedented level of support for independence, and there is no sign that it will be going away.

@Jimmy McGill

not surprising to me at all. I'd guess the hard core separation folks are somewhere in the 20%'s and the rest want to create their own version of the Bloc. Albertans are obsessed with Quebec so I could see a majority voting for a Bloc-style separation party thinking they'd get what they see as similar preferential treatment to Quebec. 

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

I see Kenney is refusing to release the report studying Alberta's place in/out of Canada. 

he doesn't need it as a distraction / anger generation tool at the moment. It would be a waste of effort to put it out now.

Notley said the panel was never on an earnest fact-finding mission, but rather served as a shiny bauble for Kenney to deflect attention.

“The panel and the report is mostly a political tool that Jason Kenney put into play… to try to distract people’s frustration and anger from the fact that he was not actually creating jobs,” she said.

“He was losing jobs well before the pandemic.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/6971513/alberta-fair-deal-panel-report-notley-kenney-covid-19-coronavirus/

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he doesn't need it as a distraction / anger generation tool at the moment. It would be a waste of effort to put it out now.

Notley said the panel was never on an earnest fact-finding mission, but rather served as a shiny bauble for Kenney to deflect attention.

“The panel and the report is mostly a political tool that Jason Kenney put into play… to try to distract people’s frustration and anger from the fact that he was not actually creating jobs,” she said.

“He was losing jobs well before the pandemic.”

https://globalnews.ca/news/6971513/alberta-fair-deal-panel-report-notley-kenney-covid-19-coronavirus/

Notley is a moron. He did what Albertans wanted, which is unusual for politicians, especially him.

Imo he isn't releasing it because he wants help from Ottawa which won't happen. 

He should release it immediately. 

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

not surprising to me at all. I'd guess the hard core separation folks are somewhere in the 20%'s and the rest want to create their own version of the Bloc. Albertans are obsessed with Quebec so I could see a majority voting for a Bloc-style separation party thinking they'd get what they see as similar preferential treatment to Quebec. 

Obsessed with the welfare state of Quebec. :huh:

I guess it's similar to the Trump obsession on CDC?

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Obsessed with the welfare state of Quebec. :huh:

I guess it's similar to the Trump obsession on CDC?

yup theres a major obsession with Quebec. Are you really trying to say there isn't? 

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Notley is a moron. He did what Albertans wanted, which is unusual for politicians, especially him.

Imo he isn't releasing it because he wants help from Ottawa which won't happen. 

He should release it immediately. 

But Alberta has been helped. Did you already forget about the billions for abandoned wells? TMX? 

Kenney's newest anger flag is going to be delayed until he needs to whip it up again. But... I suppose it could get leaked as well, I can imagine some on that panel not being very pleased with Kenney. 

14 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yup theres a major obsession with Quebec. Are you really trying to say there isn't? 

Hatred.

12 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

But Alberta has been helped. Did you already forget about the billions for abandoned wells? TMX? 

Kenney's newest anger flag is going to be delayed until he needs to whip it up again. But... I suppose it could get leaked as well, I can imagine some on that panel not being very pleased with Kenney. 

The abandoned well money was nice but it wasn't what the industry needed. That was more of a move to get green votes. TMX wasn't a favour to Alberta, you guys, especially you need to stop saying that. Private investors finally walked away from the project and that hurt investment in Canada as many see Canada as a waste of time.

Of course some aren't pleased..his catering to Ottawa is unacceptable. 

24 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

You think you're going to get a straight forward answer from a province with 40+ years of hardcore denial and myth building?:lol:

@Jimmy McGill given Trudeau is spending like oil patch workers on their week off and has a 20 point lead why not prepare a loan guarantee package for the industry? Even restart energy east, with private investors and provincial ownership?

Nobody wants to be PM when a province calls for a referendum which Kenney may be forced to do even though he opposes it.

The two modest things I proposed would probably have those on the fence change their minds.

Hatred.

nice clarification :lol:

The abandoned well money was nice but it wasn't what the industry needed. That was more of a move to get green votes. TMX wasn't a favour to Alberta, you guys, especially you need to stop saying that. Private investors finally walked away from the project and that hurt investment in Canada as many see Canada as a waste of time.

I was watching the Suncor CEO a couple of weeks back, saying it was a good thing. He also stated that the industry didn't need a cash handout, it needs new market access. 

Which is what TMX is. 

Its funny to me that you guys never look to place blame anywhere but Ottawa. Ottawa didn't hire a Texan to dismantle Encana piece by piece. 

Of course some aren't pleased..his catering to Ottawa is unacceptable. 

and we're back to the root of the problem. You guys are so obsessed with Ottawa and Quebec you aren't thinking clearly. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Jimmy McGill given Trudeau is spending like oil patch workers on their week off and has a 20 point lead why not prepare a loan guarantee package for the industry? Even restart energy east, with private investors and provincial ownership?

Nobody wants to be PM when a province calls for a referendum which Kenney may be forced to do even though he opposes it.

The two modest things I proposed would probably have those on the fence change their minds.

Suncor CEO says its not needed. 

I agree on EE, it should be a no-brainer. 

• Cheers 1

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

@Jimmy McGill given we will have a 20 billion dollar deficit and still contribute the most in equalization this year people will be outraged.

Alberta didn't "give" one dime to anyone. 

Add to that his gun grab,

huh?

his policies against Alberta, never standing up for or even mentioning the oil industry and I think separation will be well over majority numbers. 

what policies specifically against AB? 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, aGENT said:

You think you're going to get a straight forward answer from a province with 40+ years of hardcore denial and myth building?:lol:

its like hoping for a bumper crop on the prairies, you never know when you might get one. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

Fake news, Albertans don't need N stickers.

Well he was driving in BC... Not sure what to tell you. Maroon-red Dodge Dakota, expired Alberta plates, green BC N sticker and speeding.

I didn't claim it made any sense, but you Albertans seldom do.

For the record, I didn't slash his tires or key him. Just let him drive in his merry way and stayed the &^@# away from him :lol: