The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

really :lol: 

I wonder what he finally said to get it done? must have been a personal thing, the mods allow an awful lot of leeway over here in off-topic threads. 

Nobody knows for sure. There's some speculation that his "Pink Nazi Trudeau" meme had something to do with it, but I'm not so sure....

I had a personal battle with him, that got a bit more heated than usual, which ended up with me putting him on "manual" ignore....he was gone shortly after that...

17 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nobody knows for sure. There's some speculation that his "Pink Nazi Trudeau" meme had something to do with it, but I'm not so sure....

I had a personal battle with him, that got a bit more heated than usual, which ended up with me putting him on "manual" ignore....he was gone shortly after that...

well... I guess that makes @Warhippy the winner. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

well... I guess that makes @Warhippy the winner. 

No winners here.  I miss him Alf clam and more.

We need the discourse of differing views or it's an echo chamber.

Alberta is an absolute mess regarding their school opening plans and fighting Medical professionals while silently pushing towards  privatized healthcare.

Now you've got the Wexit party upset that someone has a ***k you Kenny coffee mug while being silent at death threats to motley and Trudeau.  The sake of the wheat board is killing farmers abilities to get competitive prices for their crops and more 

Wexit is a dead idea at this point one would hope

• Cheers 2

23 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

differing views are great, idiotic view points are not.

I don't miss Clam or Strome  at all. Unable to abide by forum rules, out you go.

There are still a number of folk that have different opinions on   US and Canadian politics, but they can say their bit, while not becoming abusive morons.

• Cheers 1

Just now, gurn said:

differing views are great, idiotic view points are not.

I don't miss Clam or Strome  at all. Unable to abide by forum rules, out you go.

There are still a number of folk that have different opinions on   US and Canadian politics, but they can say their bit, while not becoming abusive morons.

Still.  I kinda miss them.  But Harvey more

3 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Still.  I kinda miss them.  But Harvey more

Harvey admitted to trolling, and the pics he posted were in no way fit for all age viewing. 

He was better able to hold a conversation though.

FTG can be a pain, but he can hold his own without going nutty. If the others could do the same they would still be here.

45 minutes ago, stawns said:

If Albertans want their own country, why do they come to BC in droves during a pandemic?  If your "country" is so sh** all great stay the **** home and stop bringing the virus to my community

A good question.

This time of year is also prime time for Albertans visiting my community. Even though this is one of the worst summers in recent memory for weather and (of course) the fact that there is currently a global pandemic, we still see large trucks pulling trailers loaded with large fishing boats parked along the waterfront....

To be sure, the numbers are way down, but the last time I drove George Hills Way, I counted 6 big pickups with Alberta plates. Clearly, some are putting their love of fishing in Beautiful BC ahead of their safety and the safety of the people in my community.....

42 minutes ago, stawns said:

If Albertans want their own country, why do they come to BC in droves during a pandemic?  If your "country" is so sh** all great stay the **** home and stop bringing the virus to my community

Have you spent any time in Alberta? especially the central and northern areas? As someone who spent 40 years and was born and raised in BC I understand why Albertans come to BC in droves for a vacation. Trout and salmon fishing, lakes to play in and on, the ocean etc etc. As I have tried many times to explain to my friends and colleagues here - Alberta always came off arrogant when times were good - spending money wildly even though we all knew there would be a crash - didn't save a dime, bragged they didn't need a sales tax etc - even when there was a crash in the oil market and EVERYONE was telling them to diversify their economy they kept saying they knew what they were doing and look where they are now. No one I know wishes what is happening here on any province but I understand the "we told you so" mentality of BC etc. 

• Cheers 2

14 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Alberta is an absolute mess regarding their school opening plans and fighting Medical professionals while silently pushing towards  privatized healthcare.

Now you've got the Wexit party upset that someone has a ***k you Kenny coffee mug while being silent at death threats to motley and Trudeau.  The sake of the wheat board is killing farmers abilities to get competitive prices for their crops and more 

Two things - first is I agree 100% - loved the debates with Strome etc - we need dissenting views - hence why this is a forum.

Second thing is Kenney is definitely playing to the rural folks here in Alberta - I think it is why he hasn't made masks mandatory. I have been in a few of the smaller communities this summer - you know the ones seeing a huge uptick in COVID-19 and people look at me like I am an alien when I wear my mask when going to a store etc. In my opinion thats where the wexit push is coming from.

28 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

A good question.

This time of year is also prime time for Albertans visiting my community. Even though this is one of the worst summers in recent memory for weather and (of course) the fact that there is currently a global pandemic, we still see large trucks pulling trailers loaded with large fishing boats parked along the waterfront....

To be sure, the numbers are way down, but the last time I drove George Hills Way, I counted 6 big pickups with Alberta plates. Clearly, some are putting their love of fishing in Beautiful BC ahead of their safety and the safety of the people in my community.....

you couldn't believe what it's like in Lake Country without seeing it with your own eyes

29 minutes ago, MikeBossy said:

Have you spent any time in Alberta? especially the central and northern areas? As someone who spent 40 years and was born and raised in BC I understand why Albertans come to BC in droves for a vacation. Trout and salmon fishing, lakes to play in and on, the ocean etc etc. As I have tried many times to explain to my friends and colleagues here - Alberta always came off arrogant when times were good - spending money wildly even though we all knew there would be a crash - didn't save a dime, bragged they didn't need a sales tax etc - even when there was a crash in the oil market and EVERYONE was telling them to diversify their economy they kept saying they knew what they were doing and look where they are now. No one I know wishes what is happening here on any province but I understand the "we told you so" mentality of BC etc. 

I understand why they want to come here, but all we get is a steady diet of how amazing Alberta is and how they prop of the rest of Canada.  If they're so amazing, stay in your own "country"

• Cheers 1

19 hours ago, Warhippy said:

I think it will get some votes. covid has probably taken the wind out of it in other provinces tho. 

re: Alf - he's "lucky larry" on HF Boards if you want to try to coax him back. 

4 hours ago, MikeBossy said:

Two things - first is I agree 100% - loved the debates with Strome etc - we need dissenting views - hence why this is a forum.

Second thing is Kenney is definitely playing to the rural folks here in Alberta - I think it is why he hasn't made masks mandatory. I have been in a few of the smaller communities this summer - you know the ones seeing a huge uptick in COVID-19 and people look at me like I am an alien when I wear my mask when going to a store etc. In my opinion thats where the wexit push is coming from.

I prefer the dissenting views myself.  It allows for debate.  No other views no debate.  No forum as it was

Kenney has/is or will alienate the rural vote.  Alberta has always had a mandate to vote further to the right after a failed government.  They will label him a red tory or faux liberal and then push towards a further right solution.  Which in this instance is the WEXIT party.  People have fond hopes of a vote split but it won't happen.  There will be no NDP vote, even though by the numbers the NDP did more and better for Alberta than almost anyone since Klein first took over.

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think it will get some votes. covid has probably taken the wind out of it in other provinces tho. 

re: Alf - he's "lucky larry" on HF Boards if you want to try to coax him back. 

With Kenney alienating people in Alberta.  Telling municipalities they will get no help getting lease money.  Raising municipal taxes by effectively cutting municipal funding.  His hand int he dismantling of the wheat board and more.

Those votes will go to the wexit party, not the nap or freedom but straight to the wexiteers.  We saw this with the reform back in the 80s.  Took over a decade to gain traction but they did it on the backs of the energy crisis  and downturn which we're seeing now

4 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

With Kenney alienating people in Alberta.  Telling municipalities they will get no help getting lease money.  Raising municipal taxes by effectively cutting municipal funding.  His hand int he dismantling of the wheat board and more.

Those votes will go to the wexit party, not the nap or freedom but straight to the wexiteers.  We saw this with the reform back in the 80s.  Took over a decade to gain traction but they did it on the backs of the energy crisis  and downturn which we're seeing now

Kenney is the inevitable consequence of a province voting almost nothing but conservative for decades. Even Notely's win was really more about the right splitting that her being popular. 

Its the political equivalent of inbreeding. Kenney is so far off the mark its not even funny anymore. But I can guarantee what the results of the next AB election will be. 

7 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Kenney is the inevitable consequence of a province voting almost nothing but conservative for decades. Even Notely's win was really more about the right splitting that her being popular. 

Its the political equivalent of inbreeding. Kenney is so far off the mark its not even funny anymore. But I can guarantee what the results of the next AB election will be. 

Can you?  Seems to me more and more that Kenney is tanking Alberta and it seems almost intentional.  Think British Columbians are having issues with Albertans visiting this summer?  Wait until Kenney has completely sold off or privatized health care and they're coming for regular check ups to avoid a pay to play health care system

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/politics/rural-doctors-alberta-rrnp?fbclid=IwAR3CSL6KGXuJeRCEcNZ4_mtvQAW1mdJ7XvFb3DoAq4oUJZ6e1G9aBwBrSfY

12 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Can you?  Seems to me more and more that Kenney is tanking Alberta and it seems almost intentional.  Think British Columbians are having issues with Albertans visiting this summer?  Wait until Kenney has completely sold off or privatized health care and they're coming for regular check ups to avoid a pay to play health care system

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/politics/rural-doctors-alberta-rrnp?fbclid=IwAR3CSL6KGXuJeRCEcNZ4_mtvQAW1mdJ7XvFb3DoAq4oUJZ6e1G9aBwBrSfY

yup, I can. They will vote 60+% conservative. Now, it could get interesting if the provincial wexiteers bleed off ~20% of the con vote, but I don't see that happening because the "anything but NDP" mentality will kick in to prevent that from ever happening again. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill