The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

16 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you're kind of making my point from earlier, we're doing pretty darn good if this ^ is our 'worst ever'. 

Gee a vacation and an ethics violation a lot of people think is based on a misinterpretation. 

Why are you dragging others into this btw? Morneau was cleared, but thats not good enough? 

Again, none of this is "corruption". We can debate if its crappy leadership or not. But the guy isn't a criminal. All those last points of yours apply to all previous gov't too. 

Oh and if being taken over is OK you should be fine with Encana moving to the US. No job losses, am i rite? 

Encana never did what SNC did. I guess JT showed other corrupt business to invest in Canada.

What's the comparison? The US? I hate that comparison.

16 hours ago, inane said:

for all the complaining you do about people talking about alberta you sure complain a lot about trudeau.

i guess we all have our thing lol

Well JT is the PM of Canada and you live in BC..

15 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

What did he do?

I hear a lot of praise for this gov in relation to first nations. There was a lady on the radio from a none partisan group saying they had done more than any other gov for fresh water, but a lot more has to be done. That said there is some concern because the Libs are pushing it to private companies which is not the best idea. 

As for Vets. It drives me nuts that these people are constantly let down, disgusting. I would put veteran support a lot higher on the list, it seems like no party is concerned enough on this issue.

He mocked a gentleman at a liberal fundraiser. 

15 hours ago, Toews said:

Both parties know that veterans are not too high on the general public's priority list as far as policy. Conservatives love veterans as much as they love unborn babies (ie. until the bill is due) and liberals love to spend, by the time the vets come around, there is nothing left but table scraps. 

1) I agree. Our governments wouldn't do this if we all demanded our governments spend more on our vets and military. 

2) Jt liberals love to spend on everything but the veterans and military yet they make promises. CPC talks a good game but cuts 2 billion a year off defense spending just to get to balanced budget yet they make promises. 

Get someone who takes artic sovereignty seriously and also understands the emerging Chinese threat. No one will want to fight for freedom only to be neglected by their government. Sad part is this is happening in UK and US also but again I hate the comparisons I want to just strive for the best.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Speaking of veterans, here's a small thing we can all do, for active service men and women:

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/canada/it-would-mean-a-lot-canadian-armed-forces-asks-residents-to-send-holiday-greetings-to-troops/ar-BBXc2Xw?li=AAggNb9

I'm buying a box of Christmas cards  and sending them...

I always do.

• Cheers 2

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Encana never did what SNC did. I guess JT showed other corrupt business to invest in Canada.

What's the comparison? The US? I hate that comparison.

Well JT is the PM of Canada and you live in BC..

He mocked a gentleman at a liberal fundraiser. 

1) I agree. Our governments wouldn't do this if we all demanded our governments spend more on our vets and military. 

2) Jt liberals love to spend on everything but the veterans and military yet they make promises. CPC talks a good game but cuts 2 billion a year off defense spending just to get to balanced budget yet they make promises. 

Get someone who takes artic sovereignty seriously and also understands the emerging Chinese threat. No one will want to fight for freedom only to be neglected by their government. Sad part is this is happening in UK and US also but again I hate the comparisons I want to just strive for the best.

Encana just hasn't been caught. 

17 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

When did Encana bribe government officials and buy prostitutes for politicians kids? 

Are you drinking the kos koolaid?

KOS Koolaid... now there's a thought. 

You are happy to tear down an entire company over a few creepy executives, I'm not. We have too many companies going to the US as it is. 

On 11/24/2019 at 9:32 AM, Jimmy McGill said:

KOS Koolaid... now there's a thought. 

You are happy to tear down an entire company over a few creepy executives, I'm not. We have too many companies going to the US as it is. 

Were these the same creepy execs who were having sub-contractors overcharge on invoices so they could kickback to them under the table? The same guys who were donating $100's of thousands to Liebel campaign funds? The same outfit that had LIebel family members on their Board?   

1 hour ago, Boudrias said:

Were these the same creepy execs who were having sub-contractors overcharge on invoices so they could kickback to them under the table? The same guys who were donating $100's of thousands to Liebel campaign funds? The same outfit that had LIebel family members on their Board?   

yeah "Liebel" is such a great argument. Its real employees being harmed, but I guess what if they're not in the patch then &^@# 'em, am I rite? #wexit all the way. 

On 11/25/2019 at 12:55 PM, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah "Liebel" is such a great argument. Its real employees being harmed, but I guess what if they're not in the patch then &^@# 'em, am I rite? #wexit all the way. 

You’re right... Prolly not nucks fans either, so really f*&k em. As well as those anywhere else that aren’t ;P

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Kind of think this is the everything Alberta thread now?

Brian Jean should be premier so terrible the screw job Kenney pulled.

FB_IMG_1575334690932.jpg

it really is bad what Kenney is getting away with. But you guys wanted a "UCP" and this is the result. With no competition your AB governing is just going to get worse and worse. 

13 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yes, finally you're right.

I know you don't actually hold that view. 

It is nice to see the support from all the other premiers for AB this week isn't it? Doesn't fit the #wexit narrative tho. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

TMX is being pushed outnow, all the prep work is done.  TMX is being laid down.

Kenney...still angry

he's got all the power in AB and no excuses. So yeah, its gonna be someone else's fault. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

he's got all the power in AB and no excuses. So yeah, its gonna be someone else's fault. 

I don't agree with many of your positions Jimmy but I will agree that it is up to Kenney now. The Dippers he replaced were willing to tread water but Kenney will not have that excuse. TMX will come no where close to solving AB's problems. Unlike you I think AB has every right to be upset and willing to look at their options.  

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

it really is bad what Kenney is getting away with. But you guys wanted a "UCP" and this is the result. With no competition your AB governing is just going to get worse and worse. 

How come we don't already have oil/gas pipelines all over our country?  These should have been the primary infrastructure jobs long ago.  Build for tomorrow, right?