The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Irony: complaining a think tank is politically biased against your argument but not having any argument to the contrary that supports you while paying tax dollars to companies for support

Idiocy: using said think tanks numbers in your argument at court even though they directly and completely refute your position but knowing there's literally zero other credible information at all out there to support you.

Yes that's right, Alberta is using the Pembina institutes numbers that directly and utterly show an almost zero impact on the former Alberta ndps carbon tax on growth in the province....

It hurts....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/kenney-s-claim-carbon-tax-damaged-alberta-economy-is-refuted-in-court-documents-1.5396454

Edited by Warhippy
  • Haha 2

37 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Irony: complaining a think tank is politically biased against your argument but not having any argument to the contrary that supports you while paying tax dollars to companies for support

Idiocy: using said think tanks numbers in your argument at court even though they directly and completely refute your position but knowing there's literally zero other credible information at all out there to support you.

Yes that's right, Alberta is using the Pembina institutes numbers that directly and utterly show an almost zero impact on the former Alberta ndps carbon tax on growth in the province....

It hurts....

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/kenney-s-claim-carbon-tax-damaged-alberta-economy-is-refuted-in-court-documents-1.5396454

B-but...the carbon tax took our jerbs!

3 minutes ago, aGENT said:

B-but...the carbon tax took our jerbs!

I said it before, they'll lose the case.  Period.  Using those numbers it will be a slam dunk as their entire argument rests around "the loss of growth" caused by the carbon tax.

It's here to stay, Kenney killed off the provincial carbon tax and the programs it funded and now that money will still be paid...but it will go to the feds instead of staying in Alberta.

Wonder who THAt will get blamed on

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

It hurts....

I'm not surprised the carbon tax didn't hurt the economy. It's a work of genius. We get hooked on expensive energy then the rebate rug gets pulled out from under us. 

2 hours ago, Mr Infanti said:

I'm not surprised the carbon tax didn't hurt the economy. It's a work of genius. We get hooked on expensive energy then the rebate rug gets pulled out from under us. 

Unless you utilized those rebates wisely and retrofitted your home in which case you're doing just fine with your savings

37 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Mr never lived in Alberta please explain more of the rebate. I never got one so who do I contact?

There's a bunch here:

https://showmethegreen.ca/home/home-improvement/government-grants-home-improvements-alberta/

https://efficiencyalberta.ca/ is a good site as well but it seems like a lot of programs were stopped as of October of this year. 

49 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Mr never lived in Alberta please explain more of the rebate. I never got one so who do I contact?

Of course your fan club doesn't have the stones to address me but leaves a cute smiley face for you.

if you want information look for it.  Stop being so worthlessly lazy and asking for a handout.  You're an albertan, not an oil company so you don't get one

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Unless you utilized those rebates wisely and retrofitted your home in which case you're doing just fine with your savings

I got 400 bucks. What kind of investments do you think I should make. My house is nice and modern. You think I should save up for solar panels?  

The carbon tax is designed to make oil and gas and coal uneconomical compared to solar and wind. Once we have carbon artificially priced out of the market we will be left with expensive renewables and no rebate.

1 hour ago, Duodenum said:

There's a bunch here:

https://showmethegreen.ca/home/home-improvement/government-grants-home-improvements-alberta/

https://efficiencyalberta.ca/ is a good site as well but it seems like a lot of programs were stopped as of October of this year. 

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

Of course your fan club doesn't have the stones to address me but leaves a cute smiley face for you.

if you want information look for it.  Stop being so worthlessly lazy and asking for a handout.  You're an albertan, not an oil company so you don't get one

The rebates only went to certain people. 

31 minutes ago, Mr Infanti said:

I got 400 bucks. What kind of investments do you think I should make. My house is nice and modern. You think I should save up for solar panels?  

The carbon tax is designed to make oil and gas and coal uneconomical compared to solar and wind. Once we have carbon artificially priced out of the market we will be left with expensive renewables and no rebate.

You could between former provincial and federal grants/rebates net up to $12,000 for solar banks and geothermal retrofitting.

Much like one man found a way between fed and province to buy an electric car for a mere $4000

I mean you can be flippant, that's fine.  but it appears as though you simply didn't do your homework if your net saving was only $400 so I'd be more upset at an inability to do the leg work than a program.

I'd be even more upset knowing the money that formerly would have stayed in province is now going to the feds and the end result is...the exact same plan barring 2 or 3 minor tweaks

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

The rebates went to anyone who qualified and did the work

I'm talkin money back from paying the carbon tax I never got anything yet I paid it daily to fuel up my pick up and on groceries and on utilities and everything else. But no money back ever. So if I'm entitled to it I would like to know how to get something back.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Happy Carbon Tax Day Alberta.

I'm amused watching people on social media try to figure out how a 4.5 cent per litre tax is resulting in dime+ increases at the pump without mentioning it's pure greed and instead all Trudeau's fault

On 12/16/2019 at 6:46 PM, Ryan Strome said:

I'm talkin money back from paying the carbon tax I never got anything yet I paid it daily to fuel up my pick up and on groceries and on utilities and everything else. But no money back ever. So if I'm entitled to it I would like to know how to get something back.

Simple - move to Quebec if you think that would work out better for u.

Alberta are lucky to live in a resource rich province.  Less Whine and more cheese is what i recommend. 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Quebec is the best place in Canada to live.   Great people and an amazing culture.

Broke province that would starve without Alberta. 

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

as long as you're not wearing something offensive to French Catholics, I suppose. 

Most racist place in Canada. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1