The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

5 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Happy Carbon Tax Day Alberta.

I'm amused watching people on social media try to figure out how a 4.5 cent per litre tax is resulting in dime+ increases at the pump without mentioning it's pure greed and instead all Trudeau's fault

Well JT imposed the tax on Alberta so ya it is his fault. Only you would celebrate a new tax. You sure follow Alberta a lot eh? You should get out, don't let us consume your free time.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

as long as you're not wearing something offensive to French Catholics, I suppose. 

Quebec has banned all religous symbols... including their catholic symbols.    Nice try though. 

Government should be secular so it makes sense.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quebec_ban_on_religious_symbols

Edited by kingofsurrey

12 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Broke province that would starve without Alberta. 

Most racist place in Canada. 

1st point, nah. 2nd point, yup probably. If you've spent any time outside of Montreal yeah, thats kind of true. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

King, come on. You know what this law is. 

The issue is more complex  that that Jimmy.....       High schools have a no hat policy in my town for students . - policy is related to safety and identifying intruders into school sites.....       The quebec law is perhaps excessive but it has to treat all religious symbols the same.....  fairness.  I have no problem with it. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

1st point, nah. 2nd point, yup probably. If you've spent any time outside of Montreal yeah, thats kind of true. 

No, no the first part is true.

53 minutes ago, inane said:

No, you hate Canada. 

Find one example of this. Otherwise shut your mouth and don't say such ignorant things.

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

The issue is more complex  that that Jimmy.....       High schools have a no hat policy in my town for students . - policy is related to safety and identifying intruders into school sites.....       The quebec law is perhaps excessive but it has to treat all religious symbols the same.....  fairness.  I have no problem with it. 

Wrong!

It's all about saving Quebec identity...if you did that in any other province you would call it racist. They still have the cross in the legislature...

Also they massively cut immigration in Quebec, here is the kicker immigration is federal not provincial. 

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Find one example of this. Otherwise shut your mouth and don't say such ignorant things.

Um the fact that you're all wexit for starters? 

Or is this just more of your abusive partner schtick? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, inane said:

Um the fact that you're all wexit for starters? 

Or is this just more of your abusive partner schtick? 

I'm posting in the thread..so are you.

I don't hate Canada but it's time Alberta gets treated fairly and stop covering the bill for the rest of Canada while at the same time getting screwed around. If we leave and yes I wouldn't oppose it but it doesn't mean I hate Canada. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

I don't hate Canada but it's time Alberta gets treated fairly and stop covering the bill for the rest of Canada while at the same time getting screwed around. If we leave and yes I wouldn't oppose it but it doesn't mean I hate Canada. 

You just hate other provinces and the people in them who are 'screwing' alberta. ok, makes sense.

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I like Canadians, but ain’t keen on the political types.  Too many bad ones.  Alberta carried this country for a lot of years.  Quebec should be a have Province, but the corruption in government there is beyond evil.  

• Cheers 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

here is the kicker immigration is federal not provincial. 

Simply not true.

Section 95 of the Constitution Act, 1867 makes immigration an area of shared jurisdiction between the federal government and the provinces. Québec began to intervene systematically in this area of public policy at the time of the Quiet Revolution. Since then, Québec has always sought to make itself an integrated society, to ensure its demographic and political weight within Canada, to prevent language transfers to English and to promote intercultural relations and respect for diversity in Québec’s political community. The first step in this direction was the creation of a Ministry of Immigration in 1968. In the ensuing years, Québec has also signed a number of immigration agreements with the federal government — most recently, the Canada-Quebec Accord Relating to Immigration and Temporary Admission of Aliens, in 1991. These agreements have enhanced Québec’s ability to select and integrate immigrants and to ensure its development as a nation within North America. The Canada-Québec Accord is designed to preserve Québec’s demographic importance within Canada and to integrate immigrants to Québec in a manner that respects its “distinct identity” (section 2).

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/politique-du-quebec-immigration

2 hours ago, inane said:

You just hate other provinces and the people in them who are 'screwing' alberta. ok, makes sense.

Well I don't like Quebec but you don't like Alberta so I guess that makes us even right? But let's be honest I'm willing to bet you don't have any friends other than the Syrian refugees you let it stay in your basement.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Alflives said:

I like Canadians, but ain’t keen on the political types.  Too many bad ones.  Alberta carried this country for a lot of years.  Quebec should be a have Province, but the corruption in government there is beyond evil.  

we still carry this country

1 hour ago, Warhippy said:

good question

81209584_1458196484329244_7282394032808919040_n.jpg

Is it oil companies doing all the gouging?

16 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Simply not true.

Section 95 of the Constitution Act, 1867 makes immigration an area of shared jurisdiction between the federal government and the provinces. Québec began to intervene systematically in this area of public policy at the time of the Quiet Revolution. Since then, Québec has always sought to make itself an integrated society, to ensure its demographic and political weight within Canada, to prevent language transfers to English and to promote intercultural relations and respect for diversity in Québec’s political community. The first step in this direction was the creation of a Ministry of Immigration in 1968. In the ensuing years, Québec has also signed a number of immigration agreements with the federal government — most recently, the Canada-Quebec Accord Relating to Immigration and Temporary Admission of Aliens, in 1991. These agreements have enhanced Québec’s ability to select and integrate immigrants and to ensure its development as a nation within North America. The Canada-Québec Accord is designed to preserve Québec’s demographic importance within Canada and to integrate immigrants to Québec in a manner that respects its “distinct identity” (section 2).

https://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/politique-du-quebec-immigration

I cannot believe you just quoted that to defend your side LMAO

7 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well I don't like Quebec but you don't like Alberta so I guess that makes us even right? But let's be honest I'm willing to bet you don't have any friends other than the Syrian refugees you let it stay in your basement.

It's ok to acknowledge your dislike of Canada. It's funny you'd take such offense to what you've repeatedly said yourself. 

11 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I cannot believe you just quoted that to defend your side LMAO

I can't believe you don't think Quebec has immigration agreements in place with Ottawa.

Maybe reading comprehension  is not your strong point. 

Maybe its your contempt / intolerance of Quebec that blurs your vision.......

Edited by kingofsurrey

15 minutes ago, inane said:

It's ok to acknowledge your dislike of Canada. It's funny you'd take such offense to what you've repeatedly said yourself. 

Show the proof where I said I hate Canada otherwise shut your mouth. You contribute nothing to the topics that are going on so why do you bother are you that bored? Maybe get some more refugees to live in your basement keep you company.

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

I can't believe you don't think Quebec has immigration agreements in place with Ottawa.

Maybe reading comprehension  is not your strong point. 

Maybe its your contempt / intolerance of Quebec that blurs your vision.......

That's hilarious that you just said reading comprehension read what you quoted by the way why is Quebec so against bringing in immigrants why did they cut 25% off? What a bunch of racists in Quebec I hope your wife left because she's not a racist and didn't want to be around the rest of the racist

25 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Is it oil companies doing all the gouging?

Well.  Last I checked, oil companies who own the upstream and downstream development and refining as well as point of sales set the price of fuel.

At $1.14 with a near 20 cent increase in some places in Alberta, that's not due to a carbon tax.

It's also a mere 11 cents cheaper than when oil was selling and trading at $142.00 per barrel

So...you tell me.  If it is not the oil companies, who is it

Edited by Warhippy