The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

That's hilarious that you just said reading comprehension read what you quoted by the way why is Quebec so against bringing in immigrants why did they cut 25% off? What a bunch of racists in Quebec I hope your wife left because she's not a racist and didn't want to be around the rest of the racist

You read it.   Quebec has agreements in place with Ottawa over immigration. What part of that do you not understand ?

Many Canadians feel that immigration levels are too high - does that make them all racists ?

My wife moved out of Quebec to learn English actually....  probably for a few other reasons as well such as travel / adventure etc....

I have many relatives in Quebec in inter racial marriages so your racist comments only show your contempt / hate  and lack of understanding of a province that has a deep love for their culture / history and language. 

27 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Show the proof where I said I hate Canada otherwise shut your mouth. You contribute nothing to the topics that are going on so why do you bother are you that bored? Maybe get some more refugees to live in your basement keep you company.

It's ok man, own up. 

And what's with the refugee thing? 

33 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Well.  Last I checked, oil companies who own the upstream and downstream development and refining as well as point of sales set the price of fuel.

At $1.14 with a near 20 cent increase in some places in Alberta, that's not due to a carbon tax.

It's also a mere 11 cents cheaper than when oil was selling and trading at $142.00 per barrel

So...you tell me.  If it is not the oil companies, who is it

well first of all now you need to understand who the carbon tax applies to you can't just use. 4.4 cents because it's paid on everything now. I would just like to see some evidence that its oil companies gouging.

30 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

You read it.   Quebec has agreements in place with Ottawa over immigration. What part of that do you not understand ?

Many Canadians feel that immigration levels are too high - does that make them all racists ?

My wife moved out of Quebec to learn English actually....  probably for a few other reasons as well such as travel / adventure etc....

I have many relatives in Quebec in inter racial marriages so your racist comments only show your contempt / hate  and lack of understanding of a province that has a deep love for their culture / history and language. 

so do you feel immigration levels are too high? as a matter of fact those that have made that complaint on many occasions have been called racist why would Quebec look to have its own immigration rights? I think I will believe they're politicians before a guy that lives in BC when they say they're looking to preserve their identity know if that was set in Alberta I wonder what you would say

8 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I think I will believe they're politicians before a guy that lives in BC when they say they're looking to preserve their identity know if that was set in Alberta I wonder what you would say

Alberta identity - Alberta Culture -   LOL 

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Great answer so rather than address what I said that is your response. My wife is from Langley I don't go out of my way to try and make excuses that it's a nice good place because we all know it's a dump

39 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

well first of all now you need to understand who the carbon tax applies to you can't just use. 4.4 cents because it's paid on everything now. I would just like to see some evidence that its oil companies gouging.

Oil was $142.20 a barrel.  We paid in BC on average $1.28 a litre.  We were told "it's the price of production"

The current supplies have already been produced, at current rates to clear the current supply and use the now newly taxed supply will take almost 4 months.  So

a near 20 cent increase is based on what again?

You want to see evidence but you're unwilling to look.

Ask your war room I guess?

43 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Great answer so rather than address what I said that is your response. My wife is from Langley I don't go out of my way to try and make excuses that it's a nice good place because we all know it's a dump

I like Langley.... Fort Langley is super beautiful place to live......

I was joking about Alberta culture /history BTW.....  Alberta has its own unique history and culture. 

Edited by kingofsurrey

59 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

King you made some good points but Quebec Is different then any other province , heck they tried to become their own country..... 

Funny thing is I remember at the time no one really cared cause everyone knew it would never happen but people in the east freaked when Alberta mentioned they would consider becoming its own country....

Edited by RowdyCanuck

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

King you made some good points but Quebec Is different then any other province , heck they tried to become their own country..... 

Funny thing is I remember at the time no one really cared cause everyone knew it would never happen but people in the east freaked when Alberta mentioned they would consider becoming its own country....

Quebec is a french island surrounded by English culture ( North America ) ......  so yes Quebec citizens are deeply passionate about saving their french culture / french langauge.  

• Cheers 1

39 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Oil was $142.20 a barrel.  We paid in BC on average $1.28 a litre.  We were told "it's the price of production"

The current supplies have already been produced, at current rates to clear the current supply and use the now newly taxed supply will take almost 4 months.  So

a near 20 cent increase is based on what again?

You want to see evidence but you're unwilling to look.

Ask your war room I guess?

I'm  unwilling to look but meanwhile I asked you for the proof and you haven't provided it. do you think the companies that deliver the fuel are also getting hit with said carbon tax? on top of that I just fuelled up in Medicine Hat instead of being 106 9 it was a 111:9  I'm on my way to Calgary I'll let you know if I see the $0.20 jump but yes anytime you want to provide the Box feel free to rather than just make up garbage that people don't want to look at them when you don't provide them. when was oil $142 a barrel that you are talking about?

11 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Quebec is a french island surrounded by English culture ( North America ) ......  so yes Quebec citizens are deeply passionate about saving their french culture / french langauge.  

okay see you when you start to be honest and admit the truth we can get somewhere do you think in doing so they border on racist and go against the charter of freedoms and rights? And if you say no if any other Province did this what would you say? because last time I checked it doesn't matter what language you speak you are still Canadian the French language is an official language in this country and for your information there is many French towns in Alberta

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

okay see you when you start to be honest and admit the truth we can get somewhere do you think in doing so they border on racist and go against the charter of freedoms and rights? And if you say no if any other Province did this what would you say? because last time I checked it doesn't matter what language you speak you are still Canadian the French language is an official language in this country and for your information there is many French towns in Alberta

Also many french towns in Ontario.....  I learned that when i drove from Vancouver to Quebec city........    Happy  to say i have driven across the country. 

Yes of course Quebec takes actions that go against the Charter.   Quebec needs to ensure that their  french culture is retained.

It does not make them racist. 

@Warhippy  I can't speak for BC because I haven't been there in a while but fuel prices all over Alberta and even in Calgary are all different you can go to one it's 99 9 go a block down the road and it's 89 9 so surely your Tweet grab the highest one they seen and you without having any knowledge of Alberta whatsoever decided to post it and assume oil companies are gouging without understanding the the trucking companies now  are adding on a cost on everybody is adding cost on hip that's how it works  they pay it so they put it on to the consumer if this is your way to try and defend JT over this carbon tax you are out of your comfort zone

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Also many french towns in Ontario.....  I learned that when i drove from Vancouver to Quebec city........    Happy  to say i have driven across the country. 

Yes of course Quebec takes actions that go against the Charter.   Quebec needs to ensure that their  french culture is retained.

It does not make them racist. 

Okay so all the European countries that don't want all these Muslims in their country that's not racists or intolerant either?

14 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm  unwilling to look but meanwhile I asked you for the proof and you haven't provided it. do you think the companies that deliver the fuel are also getting hit with said carbon tax? on top of that I just fuelled up in Medicine Hat instead of being 106 9 it was a 111:9  I'm on my way to Calgary I'll let you know if I see the $0.20 jump but yes anytime you want to provide the Box feel free to rather than just make up garbage that people don't want to look at them when you don't provide them. when was oil $142 a barrel that you are talking about?

You're unwilling to look....prices went from 93-98 cents in Calgary less than 4 days ago to $1.13 give or take.  But you're unwilling to look or consider that it's simply corporate greed?

In Penticton prices jumped from $1.13 to $1.32 the tax didn't increase.

The price per barrel is almost 1/3 what it was not 9 years ago but we're paying comparable prices at the pump with no major disruptions and still record supply.

So at what point do you seriously start factoring in that maybe just MAYBE it isn't a taxation issue?

As for when was oil that much?  You're really willing to bury your head that far in the sand to ignore the basic root of the issue

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/oil-hits-record-142-us-1.758502

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Okay so all the European countries that don't want all these Muslims in their country that's not racists or intolerant either?

really /// . To preserve Quebecs french culture.... It is imperative that Quebec gets immigrants that know how to speak french.....   English immigrants to quebec tend to move to Toronto.......

The majority of the 1.0 million Muslims in Canada live in Ontario and Quebec. According to the census data, there were 425,000 Muslims living in the Greater Toronto, or about 7.7% of the total population. Greater Montreal's Muslim community was 221,000, or nearly 6% of the population. Ottawa’s total was 66,000 or 5.5% of the population.

https://www.quora.com/What-Canadian-cities-have-the-greatest-number-of-Muslims-in-their-population

Edited by kingofsurrey

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

good question

81209584_1458196484329244_7282394032808919040_n.jpg

Since when did retail become a cost plus experience. If you are upset about gas prices and think your arithmetic is all that is involved then I have a simple observation. Until you see the day that Governments force refiners out of the retail market their talk is all BS. I was in the business for 25 years. Establish rack pricing in Vancouver, Kamloops, Calgary, Edmonton. Leave the option of transportation cost up to the retailer. The industry is a lot more complicated than most people want to think about.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

You're unwilling to look....prices went from 93-98 cents in Calgary less than 4 days ago to $1.13 give or take.  But you're unwilling to look or consider that it's simply corporate greed?

In Penticton prices jumped from $1.13 to $1.32 the tax didn't increase.

The price per barrel is almost 1/3 what it was not 9 years ago but we're paying comparable prices at the pump with no major disruptions and still record supply.

So at what point do you seriously start factoring in that maybe just MAYBE it isn't a taxation issue?

As for when was oil that much?  You're really willing to bury your head that far in the sand to ignore the basic root of the issue

https://www.cbc.ca/news/business/oil-hits-record-142-us-1.758502

I'm just curious what decade you're talkin about and the fact there was no carbon tax then so the argument you're making has no relevance to a carbon tax.

19 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

really /// . To preserve Quebecs french culture.... It is imperative that Quebec gets immigrants that know how to speak french.....   English immigrants to quebec tend to move to Toronto.......

The majority of the 1.0 million Muslims in Canada live in Ontario and Quebec. According to the census data, there were 425,000 Muslims living in the Greater Toronto, or about 7.7% of the total population. Greater Montreal's Muslim community was 221,000, or nearly 6% of the population. Ottawa’s total was 66,000 or 5.5% of the population.

https://www.quora.com/What-Canadian-cities-have-the-greatest-number-of-Muslims-in-their-population

So you didn't answer my question whatsoever are European countries that do not want Muslims racist and intolerant?

12 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Since when did retail become a cost plus experience. If you are upset about gas prices and think your arithmetic is all that is involved then I have a simple observation. Until you see the day that Governments force refiners out of the retail market their talk is all BS. I was in the business for 25 years. Establish rack pricing in Vancouver, Kamloops, Calgary, Edmonton. Leave the option of transportation cost up to the retailer. The industry is a lot more complicated than most people want to think about.  

This is just it but he thought being unknowledgeable on the situation would be a reason for him to defend a tax imposed on Alberta. I'm not even sure why he is so obsessed with Alberta.