The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

1 minute ago, inane said:

oh wait, are you referencing the fact that I did have syrian refugees in my basement like 5 years ago? obsess much? stop being creepy lol

I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it but use this place for an example outside of me nobody else responds to you I wonder why that is and I wouldn't call myself obsessed I just have a good memory that's nice of you to do something like that but online you come across as a total jerk so I can only imagine what you're like in real life. Anyway I don't really care what you have to say so I'm not really going to respond to you anymore I don't block people but I just don't feel like responding to you because nothing you say is on topic. Cheers

12 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I'm just curious what decade you're talkin about and the fact there was no carbon tax then so the argument you're making has no relevance to a carbon tax.

So you didn't answer my question whatsoever are European countries that do not want Muslims racist and intolerant?

I think all countries are accepting Muslim immigrants .....   i don't understand what you are asking me.

Canada now has over 1 million muslim's living here.  

I  think the issue that keeps coming up is not an issue on immigrats religous background.... I think the issue how much immigration is appropriate....

Edited by kingofsurrey

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

I think all countries are accepting Muslim immigrants .....   i don't understand what you are asking me.

Canada now has over 1 million muslim's living here.  

The think the issue that keeps coming up is not an issue on immigrats religous background.... I think the issue how much immigration is appropriate....

Okay I will give you a perfect example hungry wanted zero Syrian refugees to protect their culture Orban was called intolerant and bordered on racist do you agree?

6 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

The issue is more complex  that that Jimmy.....       High schools have a no hat policy in my town for students . - policy is related to safety and identifying intruders into school sites.....       The quebec law is perhaps excessive but it has to treat all religious symbols the same.....  fairness.  I have no problem with it. 

King, the law Quebec is trying to get away with is an attempt at legalized xenophobia. It would never, ever stand in a place like Surrey or Toronto or Calgary. It shouldn't matter what you wear to do your job (with incredibly rare exceptions for safety issues). 

I agree that Quebec has some great things about it, but this is not one of them. Its only vote pandering of the worst kind thats kept this out of the supreme court. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Okay I will give you a perfect example hungry wanted zero Syrian refugees to protect their culture Orban was called intolerant and bordered on racist do you agree?

its hard to argue that this ^ isn't based in the same kind of fear mongering that the Quebec law is based in. Its the ugly side of Quebec xenophobia, I don't know how you can see it as anything else. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Yes, i think all countries need to accept Syrian refugees....   

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

King, the law Quebec is trying to get away with is an attempt at legalized xenophobia. It would never, ever stand in a place like Surrey or Toronto or Calgary. It shouldn't matter what you wear to do your job (with incredibly rare exceptions for safety issues). 

I agree that Quebec has some great things about it, but this is not one of them. Its only vote pandering of the worst kind thats kept this out of the supreme court. 

Jimmy.  I am not a fan of religion. Religion only serves to divide people in various tribes / camps.

So i have no problem with government workers not wearing religious symbols.   You can wear anything you want once you get home from work. 

1 minute ago, kingofsurrey said:

Jimmy.  I am not a fan of religion. Religion only serves to divide people in various tribes / camps.

So i have no problem with government workers not wearing religious symbols.   You can wear anything you want once you get home from work. 

no harm comes to anyone wearing a piece of clothing. Would you rate your surgeon on this kind of scale, or would you want the best person in the job? 

You're trying to support a law that is clearly colour-coded. Its a horrible idea and makes no sense to a persons skills for a job. 

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no harm comes to anyone wearing a piece of clothing. Would you rate your surgeon on this kind of scale, or would you want the best person in the job? 

You're trying to support a law that is clearly colour-coded. Its a horrible idea and makes no sense to a persons skills for a job. 

I would want the best person for sure.  Do you think a full Burqa is advisable for a . Doctor,   Police officer or a teacher..... 

Do you think some occupations you should be able to see the face of the person ?

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Whats that white stuff on the ground. I went golfing today. LOL 

Pretty bad snow storm and I was driving back from Swift Current actually drove through the whole thing it wasn't very nice out at all. Truth be told we have had a pretty mild winter so I imagined January and February will be full of snow and -40

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

I would want the best person for sure.  Do you think a full Burqa is advisable for a . Doctor,   Police officer or a teacher..... 

Do you think some occupations you should be able to see the face of the person ?

of course there will be some reasonable exceptions to needing to see someone's face. I wouldn't care if my surgeon wore a burqa, they're masked anyway. 

But thats not what this law is doing, its trying to outlaw many types of clothing for jobs where it makes no difference. What difference would it make if you renewed your drivers licence and someone's wearing headgear? 

It reminds me of how people didn't want RCMP members wearing turbans. Same kind of crapola here. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

of course there will be some reasonable exceptions to needing to see someone's face. I wouldn't care if my surgeon wore a burqa, they're masked anyway. 

But thats not what this law is doing, its trying to outlaw many types of clothing for jobs where it makes no difference. What difference would it make if you renewed your drivers licence and someone's wearing headgear? 

It reminds me of how people didn't want RCMP members wearing turbans. Same kind of crapola here. 

So you think countries should change their laws so people can wear what they want? 

why arnt people just happy to be here? If it's so important to them then theirs other countries that will allow them to do what ever they want....

to me it's a small price to pay to be in North America....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Why is that crap? I would not want my RCMP officer dawning a large cross, star of david or maybe goat horns for that matter. Keep religion out of public service. 

And why are some motor cycle groups aloud to not wear helmets due to turbans?  I really like the Sikh religion, but don't like that they get special privilege. I know bikers that wish they could go without helmets....Easy Rider style and all that. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Numbers in...best selling hoodie in Calgary 2019

That image is awful Ryan. People that threaten violence should not be supported. Just garbage.

Remember the out cry when that D-rate comedian did the severed Trump head? these folks are the same as that. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

That image is awful Ryan. People that threaten violence should not be supported. Just garbage.

Remember the out cry when that D-rate comedian did the severed Trump head? these folks are the same as that. 

No I don't know what you're talking about with Trump but now you make me feel like a bad guy because I bought the hoodie and the T-shirt

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

No I don't know what you're talking about with Trump but now you make me feel like a bad guy because I bought the hoodie and the T-shirt

Can;t remember her name. She posed with a severed head of Trump. 

Snoop dog did a vid where he pretended to shoot DT too...got the same outcry from the Turmpers.

You bought one?

Do you think he should be literally hung up and killed? or you just find that a fun fantasy?

Edited by bishopshodan