The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

that was really my point. 

Thing is...we really do get a ton of Albertans here in the summer. We have this street called George Hills Way, which basically runs several blocks parallel to the waterfront, from Cow Bay (the touristy area of town) to the Cannery area.

From late June to early September, you can see F350s; Silverados and Rams, all with boat trailers, all parked along GHW and virtually all of them sporting Alberta plates.

• Cheers 2

5 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

I know you know.

So that's why I asked. 

How many female chuck wagon racers are there? 

I'm sure they she would fight for her country though, which ever one she remains loyal to. Rodeo people are tough/ brave folk. 

Honestly I don't think I've ever seen a woman driver in pro chucks.....I've see out riders though and there's four in that picture. 

I don't like it when people put down a culture cause it's different or simple....

44 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

You think he knows by doing this b.c hurts s.k and Manitoba too. 

Thats three provinces you've pissed off. 

Edit* think hippie knows if Alberta , s.k and Manitoba joined and left Canada ......that b.c might be a lil scared lol 

It hurts all of Canada.

40 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Nope. 

AB put the boycott on BC wine. 

No...Notley did and was stupid, as if anyone here drinks wine. The turning off the taps was the right approach. 

37 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Just curious....why do you think we'd be "scared"?

Not scared but you would really then be your own island haha.

32 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Albertans already "invade". Every summer.

If anything, I think they'd be the ones who are scared that they might lose access to their favorite summer fishing spots.

24 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I think "boom" is a bit of an overstatement...but yes, it helps the businesses that are connected to the recreational fishing industry.

You need to travel more. The okanagan, east and west kootenays and the shuswap would be hit hard without Alberta money. 

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

You need travel more. The okanagan, east and west kootenays and the shuswap would be hit hard without Alberta money. 

The context that RC and I were discussing concerned the fishing industry and more specifically, the fishing industry where I live.

1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The context that RC and I were discussing concerned the fishing industry and more specifically, the fishing industry where I live.

Fair enough. 

1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

That's what I was telling RC. AB put the boycott in place.

Wine's good man. Straight from the gods. 

Oh I know  I was just pointing out it was Notley  because it's not a big seller out here and didn't hurt BC whatsoever it was made to look tough but everybody seen right through it

• Cheers 2

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Fair enough. 

Oh I know  I was just pointing out it was Notley  because it's not a big seller out here and didn't hurt BC whatsoever it was made to look tough but everybody seen right through it

It's funny because I remember a big deal being made out of it. (I even wondered how many wine drinkers there were in Alberta) But I wonder if any BC producers noticed a drop in sales....

...in any event, I guess we're lucky that were not a big Rye producer...B)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

But I also admitted to talking about a different area and I thought you meant your own personal fishing holes were been getting hit hard by tourist. 

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Who's doing that?

I feel bad for some of the animals but that's a different convo.

You just used a photo to make fun of Alberta of people that follow a different culture.......

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

because it's not a big seller out here and didn't hurt BC whatsoever

I agree it was a dumb move. 

Up until very recently I was a director of a liquor store group. I remember there being quite a bit of concern at the time for the BC producers. 

'30 per cent of all wine sold in Alberta is from B.C., and that it has a retail value of $160 million.'

Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

But I also admitted to talking about a different area and I thought you meant your own personal fishing holes were been getting hit hard by tourist.

Nah. Not into fishing personally.

All my preferred sporting endeavours include a ball, or a puck...

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny because I remember a big deal being made out of it. (I even wondered how many wine drinkers there were in Alberta) But I wonder if any BC producers noticed a drop in sales....

...in any event, I guess we're lucky that were not a big Rye producer...B)

Don't piss Manitoba off they got the Crown! 

3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nah. Not into fishing personally.

All my preferred sporting endeavours include a ball, or a puck...

OH my bad. 

Honestly I don't fish either but I enjoy hunting but my moms side all fish and complain about tourism and then turn around and cash their checks.....

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

So crown isn't even fit to touch your lips ah? 

Does any good come from our side of the Rockies......:bigblush:

Don't really like any kind of Rye, TBH. Beer, Scotch and the occasional glass of red wine is pretty much it for me.

Don't smoke weed either. (shocking, I know, for a BC resident B))

Edit: Alberta Beef is good and Bourbon Street in West Edmonton Mall was pretty cool when I was there many years ago. (Not so fun fact: I was on the roller coaster a week before it went off the rails)

Edited by RUPERTKBD