Jimmy McGill

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

Recommended Posts

6 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

The context that RC and I were discussing concerned the fishing industry and more specifically, the fishing industry where I live.

But I also admitted to talking about a different area and I thought you meant your own personal fishing holes were been getting hit hard by tourist. 

 

6 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Who's doing that?

 

I feel bad for some of the animals but that's a different convo.

 

 

 

You just used a photo to make fun of Alberta of people that follow a different culture.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

because it's not a big seller out here and didn't hurt BC whatsoever

I agree it was a dumb move. 

Up until very recently I was a director of a liquor store group. I remember there being quite a bit of concern at the time for the BC producers. 

 

'30 per cent of all wine sold in Alberta is from B.C., and that it has a retail value of $160 million.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RowdyCanuck said:

But I also admitted to talking about a different area and I thought you meant your own personal fishing holes were been getting hit hard by tourist.

Nah. Not into fishing personally.

 

All my preferred sporting endeavours include a ball, or a puck...

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

You just used a photo to make fun of Alberta of people that follow a different culture......

I did not. 

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

It's funny because I remember a big deal being made out of it. (I even wondered how many wine drinkers there were in Alberta) But I wonder if any BC producers noticed a drop in sales....

 

...in any event, I guess we're lucky that were not a big Rye producer...B)

Don't piss Manitoba off they got the Crown! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Nah. Not into fishing personally.

 

All my preferred sporting endeavours include a ball, or a puck...

OH my bad. 

Honestly I don't fish either but I enjoy hunting but my moms side all fish and complain about tourism and then turn around and cash their checks.....

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Don't piss Manitoba off they got the Crown! 

I'm a Scotch / Irish Whiskey man myself.

 

And beer, or course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

I'm a Scotch / Irish Whiskey man myself.

 

And beer, or course.

So crown isn't even fit to touch your lips ah? 

Does any good come from our side of the Rockies......:bigblush:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

So crown isn't even fit to touch your lips ah? 

Does any good come from our side of the Rockies......:bigblush:

Don't really like any kind of Rye, TBH. Beer, Scotch and the occasional glass of red wine is pretty much it for me.

 

Don't smoke weed either. (shocking, I know, for a BC resident B))

 

Edit: Alberta Beef is good and Bourbon Street in West Edmonton Mall was pretty cool when I was there many years ago. (Not so fun fact: I was on the roller coaster a week before it went off the rails)

Edited by RUPERTKBD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

So crown isn't even fit to touch your lips ah? 

Does any good come from our side of the Rockies......:bigblush:

Rye is an awesome style of Whiskey. It deserves just as much respect as Scotch or Bourbon etc..

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Don't really like any kind of Rye, TBH. Beer, Scotch and the occasional glass of red wine is pretty much it for me.

 

Don't smoke weed either. (shocking, I know, for a BC resident B))

Okay if the rest of b.c was like you I would be more worried lol

but can I ask have you tried crown royal right? I like their apple personally. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here you go @RowdyCanuck

 

May be a bit before your time, but one of the best things ever to come out of AB.

 

 

 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

have you tried crown royal right?

Look for the 'northern harvest' Crown.

 

When it was first released, couldn't keep it on the shelves, won a bunch of awards ( 2016 world whiskey)

21609_product_front_0.png.df9d580e3d05b7d732798eea83416d69.png

 

 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Okay if the rest of b.c was like you I would be more worried lol

but can I ask have you tried crown royal right? I like their apple personally. Lol

Many times. I'm close to 60 and I can remember every kid using those bags to hold their marbles...

 

I drank plenty of Crown as a young adult, but developed a preference for Scotch in my 40s. I also don't mix my whiskey with anything, except a bit of water, so the "flavored" Ryes wouldn't appeal to me at all. Not denigrating anyone's taste in booze, btw. It's just not for me.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bishopshodan said:

Here you go @RowdyCanuck

 

May be a bit before you time, but one of the best things ever to come out of AB.

 

 

 

That's good! Good find. 

Thx man. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RUPERTKBD said:

Many times. I'm close to 60 and I can remember every kid using those bags to hold their marbles...

 

I drank plenty of Crown as a young adult, but developed a preference for Scotch in my 40s. I also don't mix my whiskey with anything, except a bit of water, so the "flavored" Ryes wouldn't appeal to me at all. Not denigrating anyone's taste in booze, btw. It's just not for me.

Dang. I get that to each there own lol

i was just chirping yea cause it seems like nothing good comes from this side Rockies lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

That's good! Good find

In the early 90's the band The Smalls were kings. Very popular in AB. My band did a tour with them. Great dudes. 

 

Edit: you probably have heard of their bass player. Corb Lund. 

Edited by bishopshodan
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Supply and demand.....the more you can ship the more you make. 

Everyone saw a crash coming if Alberta couldn't get their oil to either coast lol 

also didn't b.c stop shipping wine to alberta cause they were protesting the pipeline and when Alberta decided to raise your gas prices you all cried.......I was living in b.c at the time lol 

 

 

do me a favour go buy business for dummies then come talk to me......and maybe do your research and like I said take that 17 grand worth of camera gear and go see what oil has done( I really hope you wrote that off lol)....go check out the different types of oil companies and see how much good they do for the people of their towns. 

 

Edit * book a wedding in Alberta or s.k that way you can learn and write it off as a business trip lmfao

 

 

Go buy business for dummies?

 

Why?

 

I can just talk to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bishopshodan said:

In the early 90's the band The Smalls were kings. Very popular in AB. My band did a tour with them. Great dudes. 

Wicked okay I got to ask now.....what you band play? Anything I would like? Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Dang. I get that to each there own lol

i was just chirping yea cause it seems like nothing good comes from this side Rockies lol

When I was on the road back in the 80s, there was this girl from Lac la Biche (of all places)....

 

....she was pretty good....B)

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.