The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

but if they are in conflict, you are suggesting that a project must be stopped. Thats giving the hereditary chiefs ultimate power, and thats not how it works. 

No i am not suggesting the project is stopped.

I am hoping for proper effective respectul negotiations will all the involved parties.... ( both Elected and House chiefs ). 

• Cheers 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

No i am not suggesting the project is stopped.

I am hoping for proper effective respectul negotiations will all the involved parties.... ( both Elected and House chiefs ). 

fair enough, lets hope that can happen. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Jimmy McGill said:

about 12%, for all of Canada, AB is just a part of that. 

Canada is one of the few developed nations that is a net exporter of energy—in 2009 net exports of energy products amounted to 2.9% of GDP

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Canada#Energy

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

fair enough, lets hope that can happen. 

Yes, the best deal is the deal that everyone agrees with.

Having another Oka here in BC is not in anyones interest.

I like deals that are WIN / WIN  / WIN for all involved.  Those are the best deals.

18 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thank goodness no one in Alberta pays directly into equalization, that would be sad.

You seem to forget a majority of people in BC are OK with TMX, maybe focus on that. 

I never said they weren't I said many in BC and that's not wrong I've always have maintained that it's the minority in BC but if they got their way they would hurt all of Canada including themselves

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

about 12%, for all of Canada, AB is just a part of that. 

Are you suggesting that about almost 200 billion dollars is nothing serious?

You also as usual because you always do it and I constantly remind you that you aren't looking at the whole picture the amount of jobs and wealth it creates and so many other Industries so if you killed that industry you would be killing a lot more than just that 12% you spoke of.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Nor is it a small piece like he just said it creates so many so many trickle-down jobs it's not even funny

Oil is a dying industry.    

Getting a job in the oil industry nowdays is like taking a job at the VCR factory in the 1980's  .....

1 minute ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Or like becoming a logger but oil industry atleast you have the option of going for a trade......

Yes, getting an inter-provincial ticket ( red seal ) is a fantastic opportunity for any young person.

I have quite a few contacts with the ITA here in BC so i have some background in this area......

It is the university of the trades.......    Great option for young people. 

• Cheers 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

I can't complain it got me lots of nice stuff. It's funny why so many young people leave BC for Alberta..

Big money for jobs that require little education .....

Sadly way too money of them blow high dough on expensive trucks  / vacations and don't save up or invest properly.....

5 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Or like becoming a logger but oil industry atleast you have the option of going for a trade......

Lots of trades in foresty as well.....   heavy duty mechanic and millwright . to name just a few.....

• Cheers 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, getting an inter-provincial ticket ( red seal ) is a fantastic opportunity for any young person.

I have quite a few contacts with the ITA here in BC so i have some background in this area......

It is the university of the trades.......    Great option for young people. 

But you see that's why so many in Alberta become welders and pipe fitters and so on with most connected to the oil industry one way or another cause you can make enough to go to school and actually enjoy it and maybe have a nice set of wheels....

degrees on the other hand.........

but that's why public schools are so important. 

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

But you see that's why so many in Alberta become welders and pipe fitters and so on with most connected to the oil industry one way or another cause you can make enough to go to school and actually enjoy it and maybe have a nice set of wheels....

degrees on the other hand.........

but that's why public schools are so important. 

Yes, that is why harmonization of our trades in canada was so important.

So glad to see AST, Welding , Metal fab all now harmonized.. Carpentry as well.

Makes so much sense to now let apprentices move between provinces when before they were stuck in their province until red sealed.....

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Forestry and mills yes but none in logging unless you call taking the falling course a trade( I kinda do)

Loggers need their ATV's  , lifted trucks . and dirt bikes serviced so the do supported ITA trades.... LOL 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 1