The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

4 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Did I say that? Nor did I tag you. What do you think will happen if they go bankrupt?

I tagged the other two because they're being total hypocrites.

I know you didn't say that. Nor did they say what you interpreted. See how dumb that is? 

5 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

all the angst about individual people playing the system to live that cool welfare life... and Kenney lets this go? wow. 

No UPC is not letting this go.  That's just the spin the far left wing source hippy specifically selected to help fill his agenda, didn't think it was suspicious at all that he failed to provide a link. The fact that he didn't add a link just shows that Hippy fully understood his misleading intent.  Pretty pathetic that he would even try that to be honest but but he's bipartisan :picard: .  I guess that's what you call yourself when you are quoting North99, a media outlet worse than Rebel news. 

When CBC and even Buzzfeed call them what they are, it sure says a lot about the integrity of the source.

"North99, a political advocacy group founded by former Liberal Party staffers, has been using online petitions, some of them misleadingly labelled, to collect supporters' contact information ahead of the 2019 election."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/north99-petitions-facebook-election-1.5208209

Scollon is one of the people behind North99, a nonprofit that uses articles, memes, and videos to advance a left-wing policy agenda, primarily on Facebook.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/canada-partisan-media-ontario-proud-north99

Here's what is really happening

The UCP government introduced a gas tax relief initiative in July 2019 to support struggling shallow gas companies by allowing municipalities to provide a 35 per cent reduction on property tax bills, which would then be reimbursed by the province.

But the RMA said municipalities aren’t expecting to receive the top-up from the province in 2020 and must absorb the reduction if they choose to offer the tax credit. The survey found that some municipalities offering the tax relief attribute up to 98 per cent of their unpaid taxes to the shallow gas industry.

“The assessment and taxation model for shallow gas infrastructure is not the cause of or solution of the industry’s challenges,” Kemmere said. “Until government and industry are successful in making fundamental changes rather than blaming long-term, fixed costs such as municipal taxes for the industry’s struggles, this uncertainty will continue.”

In a response Monday afternoon, Alberta’s Municipal Affairs Minister Kaycee Madu said the government is looking for potential solutions to assist municipalities in overcoming the funding shortfall.

“Our government realizes the impact this issue is having on rural communities, and we are working to identify potential tools that may help balance the interests of municipalities with the economic realities facing many employers since the 214-15 downturn,” Madu said in a statement. “This issue is complex, particularly given some of the companies involved have long since gone out of business. Although we have taken immediate steps to provide industry and municipalities with short-term support in these difficult economic times, we know we cannot kick the can down the road.”

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/property-taxes-from-oil-and-gas-companies

• Upvote 1

27 minutes ago, ForsbergTheGreat said:

No UPC is not letting this go.  That's just the spin the far left wing source hippy specifically selected to help fill his agenda, didn't think it was suspicious at all that he failed to provide a link. The fact that he didn't add a link just shows that Hippy fully understood his misleading intent.  Pretty pathetic that he would even try that to be honest but but he's bipartisan :picard: .  I guess that's what you call yourself when you are quoting North99, a media outlet worse than Rebel news. 

When CBC and even Buzzfeed call them what they are, it sure says a lot about the integrity of the source.

"North99, a political advocacy group founded by former Liberal Party staffers, has been using online petitions, some of them misleadingly labelled, to collect supporters' contact information ahead of the 2019 election."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/north99-petitions-facebook-election-1.5208209

Scollon is one of the people behind North99, a nonprofit that uses articles, memes, and videos to advance a left-wing policy agenda, primarily on Facebook.

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/craigsilverman/canada-partisan-media-ontario-proud-north99

Here's what is really happening

https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/property-taxes-from-oil-and-gas-companies

His credibility is completely shot. The fuel gouging and made up prices in Alberta was a fun one. :lol:

5 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

His credibility is completely shot. The fuel gouging and made up prices in Alberta was a fun one. :lol:

Yep, once he got called out the goalposts began to move quite quickly. I used to give him the benefit of just being a gullible person that would see random stories posted on his friends facebook pages and would just jump on the bandwagon without actually adding any thought or research into, as long as it fit his narrative.  

Now i'm not so sure.  He purposely left out the source for a reason, obviously knowing full well North99's one sided position would get called out. But yet even knowing that media source's agenda, he still chose to use them instead of any of the 5 other more center leaning media outlets.  He's purposely trying to spread that anti UPC spin regardless of the authenticity, seems hypocritical for someone that calls out Rebel to then use the left wing equivalent.  Either way. as I told Rowdy, now worth peoples time.

2 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Well he did have a hard time conceding the last federal election.......

This isn't true at all. Go back and check it out I was the one that told you it was a liberal victory you were saying the Liberals were beat I told you on Election night the CPC was done they could not win anymore. That's just complete BS you made up

• Cheers 1

4 minutes ago, inane said:

you just refuse to concede anything lol. 

Why would I concede something if I'm not wrong? I mean for the sake of not doing this certainly I could but you were the one that made the accusation so maybe back it up and don't suggest that I should concede anything

Just now, Ryan Strome said:

This isn't true at all. Go back and check it out I was the one that told you it was a liberal victory you were saying the Liberals were beat I told you on Election night the CPC was done they could not win anymore. That's just complete BS you made up

Just trying to bug you... LOL.... 

• Cheers 1

Why would I concede something if I'm not wrong? I mean for the sake of not doing this certainly I could but you were the one that made the accusation so maybe back it up and don't suggest that I should concede anything

sure man. you're not wrong. you know exactly what they were thinking when they replied. cool. 

Yeah pointing out the hypocrisy is pretty easy around here

CDN companies get bail outs all the time....   Especially Alberta ones....    Did you hear about the crappy pipeline that just got bailed out.....

• Haha 1

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

Just trying to bug you... LOL.... 

Okay fair enough I just wasn't sure I think I've made it pretty clear to you I don't really care for the CPC I will admit they are a better government for the energy industry but at the same time it was the CPC that change the equalisation formula that is hurting Alberta. Given one hand take from with the other

Just now, kingofsurrey said:

CDN companies get bail outs all the time....   Especially Alberta ones....    Did you hear about the crappy pipeline that just got bailed out.....

There is no question you do make me laugh. I would have preferred TMX got built by private investors but I think a few of your friends held it up for far too long that those investor said bye-bye

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, haton said:

Hahaha. The pipeline got expropriated.    Stolen. Make life as miserable as possible to the point it's impossible to build, then ride in and reap all the profits. 

When the oil industry collapses in 20 years and Alberta is bankrupt due to huge oil well remediation costs.....

Alberta becomes Arkansas ( Ozark Mnts ) hillbillys.....

Maybe Alberta can  clean out the cobwebs from the derelect pipeline  and ship moonshine through it.....