The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

i was making an equalization joke, but yes thats all true. 

LOL

Mar 28, 2018 - LONDON -- Starting next year, France will make it compulsory for children to attend school starting at the age of 3 years old, instead of the current age of 6, French President Emmanuel Macron said Tuesday.

39 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah i know :picard: :sadno: 

But thats exactly why I still hold old Bri in some regard, he was up against that kind of thinking, ran on the right plan, and won. You just don't see that anymore, and we really need it. 

I totally agree.

39 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Oops sorry Stromer....

Another site has Pierre 4th all time greatest PM in Canada....

http://www.duhaime.org/LawMuseum/CanadianLegalHistory/LawArticle-1647/A-Ranking-of-Canadian-Prime-Ministers-of-All-Time.aspx

And how many can we find that has him near the bottom. In 1980 he won 2 seats west of Ontario and 0 west of Manitoba. His second election win was only by 2 seats. He had 1 surplus in all his years and was the man who started the massive debt. Him and his son have one thing in common they bother caused Quebec separation and western separation to grow at the same time. He massacred the military, annoyed our allies and nearly destroyed Alberta. 

I find it funny you're such a JT fan...I guess was you that got played.:lol:

Edited by Ryan Strome
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

And how many can we find that has him near the bottom. In 1980 he won 2 seats west of Ontario and 0 west of Manitoba. His second election win was only by 2 seats. He had 1 surplus in all his years and was the man who started the massive. Him and his son have one thing in common they bother caused Quebec separation and western separation to grow at the same time. He massacred the military, annoyed our allies and nearly destroyed Alberta. 

LOL at Strome not providing one decent link .....   HAHAAHAA

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

I totally agree.

I think the general lack of spine is maybe one of the reasons many people are attracted to #wexit because it feels like a strong decision... but imo its a mirage. It will lead to a lot of unnecessary hardship for AB in particular. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill

29 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Yes, clearly you are in denial.

No wonder why you want to rip up your Canadian passport / citizenship.   You fail to understand how the majority of Canadians feel about our great country and our great history.  

Have you ever even visited Quebec....    how about rural quebec.... Haver you ever been to Chicoutimi  or the eastern townships ?  Do you feel you have any background to even understand french Quebecers relationship with english canadians.. ????

Denial? Name one policy or anything actually Trudeau senior did that makes you have a crush on him.

Btw Trudeau's aren't near as popular in Quebec as you think.

Pet went through a referendum and his son was leader for the resurgence of the separatists.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

you should organize a trip for Albertans to visit Quebec daycares, so they can see where their money is going. 

:sadno::mad:

3 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Investing in quality affordable daycares saves all us money in the long run.   Spending money on our children is the best investment we can make....

Quebec is so far ahead of the rest of Canada in so many areas.....

Ya..especially when Alberta pays for it.

3 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I think the general lack of spine is maybe one of the reasons many people are attracted to #wexit because it feels like a strong decision... but imo its a mirage. It will lead to a lot of unnecessary hardship for AB in particular. 

Albertistan after Alberta leaves Canada -    photo taken in 2026

getimage.aspx?regionKey=5FBH%2FcuCeIk6Rk

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Maybe for BCers and folks in Saskatchewan but Alberta independence is nothing new, it's a result of being taken advantage of and now with policies put in place to cripple Alberta it's reached a tipping point imo.

• Cheers 1

2 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Denial? Name one policy or anything actually Trudeau senior did that makes you have a crush on him.

Btw Trudeau's aren't near as popular in Quebec as you think.

FFS - you  just bury your head in the ground.   You really need to travel across Canada.

Last time i drove across Canada . - took the Nissan....  drove to Quebec city as i went to summer session there . Loved it. 

Here you go.  If i am going to be your free tutor, can you at least give a starbucks card next xmas......

https://abacusdata.ca/popularity-prime-ministers/

13 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I think you meant to say Quebec not Alberta , we will eat our famous Alberta beef thank you lol

Alberta beef tastes like old Nike shoes boiled for 2 days...

People want top quality so i don't really know anyone that buys Alberta beef nowdays.... Maybe they did back in the 1980's .....

Now days i could see Alberta beef being more popular in the pet food industry though.... 

Best beef in the world...  Japan or Argentina....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Maybe for BCers and folks in Saskatchewan but Alberta independence is nothing new, it's a result of being taken advantage of and now with policies put in place to cripple Alberta it's reached a tipping point imo.

being taken advantage of... that assumes that individuals in provinces have any control over how federal transfer payments work. You're mad at Quebecers but they actually have no say in how GST and resource royalties are collected and redistributed. You're hating on them for stuff out of their control. 

To people in BC C48 is protecting their livelihoods and resources. You want the same for your province. So why you do hate BC for wanting what you want? 

C69 hasn't had a single project test it yet, you can't claim its there to cripple you when it hasn't even done anything yet. 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alberta beef tastes like old Nike shoes boiled for 2 days...

People want top quality so i don't really know anyone that buys Alberta beef nowdays.... Maybe they did back in the 1980's .....

Now days i could see Alberta beef being more popular in the pet food industry though.... 

Best beef in the world...  Japan or Argentina....

youtube oh no you didnt GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Now that is some master comedy. Comedy gold i say.   Well done. BRAVO !  Take a bow !!!

DismalObeseGeese-max-1mb.gif

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Now that is some master comedy. Comedy gold i say.   Well done. BRAVO !  Take a bow !!!

DismalObeseGeese-max-1mb.gif

He won't get it because he only sees JT's policies as the root of the problem.   Not the decades of mismanagement by Albertan PCs and the missteps of the Conservative lord and savior Harper. 

He'll probably post those two bills and say gotcha, take that JT lovers.  Not giving credit to the fact that I also think the Liberals could do better, but given the choices in the past election, JT was the only choice.  Scheer was a trainwreck. 

Do you think it's fair that the Alberta government is cutting services while spending more than the former NDP.  While giving huge breaks to companies that are still leaving, then telling municipalities and private land owners owed hundreds of millions that are begging for help to effectively suffer 

Yes or no Strome 

Ask #11 without an answer

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

FFS - you  just bury your head in the ground.   You really need to travel across Canada.

Last time i drove across Canada . - took the Nissan....  drove to Quebec city as i went to summer session there . Loved it. 

Here you go.  If i am going to be your free tutor, can you at least give a starbucks card next xmas......

https://abacusdata.ca/popularity-prime-ministers/

Nothing to do with what you quoted. Lol I don't ride in Nissans thanks.

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

So i guess that means you have no link... LOL....

I'll do right now for you. You just showed how little you know. Name one policy you liked PET for. I know you hated TMX Jt approved it and u call him the best pm lol. U r such a fake.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

being taken advantage of... that assumes that individuals in provinces have any control over how federal transfer payments work. You're mad at Quebecers but they actually have no say in how GST and resource royalties are collected and redistributed. You're hating on them for stuff out of their control. 

To people in BC C48 is protecting their livelihoods and resources. You want the same for your province. So why you do hate BC for wanting what you want? 

C69 hasn't had a single project test it yet, you can't claim its there to cripple you when it hasn't even done anything yet. 

C69 was garbage and needed more amendments than any other bill put forward. Senators from all across Canada said it was garbage. Their livelihoods...so the oil dangerous thing is to do with oil lol

59 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

He won't get it because he only sees JT's policies as the root of the problem.   Not the decades of mismanagement by Albertan PCs and the missteps of the Conservative lord and savior Harper. 

He'll probably post those two bills and say gotcha, take that JT lovers.  Not giving credit to the fact that I also think the Liberals could do better, but given the choices in the past election, JT was the only choice.  Scheer was a trainwreck. 

Pretty sure I have criticized Harper and the cpc oh and I didn't vote for them either in the last two elections. If you ever stopped obsessing over the Americans and were in a Canadian thread you might see that.

22 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Do you think it's fair that the Alberta government is cutting services while spending more than the former NDP.  While giving huge breaks to companies that are still leaving, then telling municipalities and private land owners owed hundreds of millions that are begging for help to effectively suffer 

Yes or no Strome 

Ask #11 without an answer

I have answered it. I'm sorry you can't read that well. Maybe your youngest can teach you.

@kingofsurrey

The new House was very regionally polarized. While the Liberals were shut out west of Manitoba, they were able to win by piling up massive majorities in the two most populous provinces. The Tories won only one seat out of 75 in Quebec while winning 43 percent of the seats in the 4 atlantic provinces.

The 1972 Canadian federal election was held on October 30, 1972, to elect members of the House of Commons of Canada of the 29th Parliament of Canada. It resulted in a slim victory for the governing Liberal Party, which won 109 seats, compared to 107 seats for the opposition Progressive Conservatives. A further 48 seats were won by other parties and independents. On election night, the results appeared to give 109 seats to the Tories, but once the counting had finished the next day, the final results gave the Liberals a minority government and left the New Democratic Party led by David Lewis holding the balance of power.

The 1980 Quebec independence referendum was the first referendum in Quebec on the place of Quebec within Canada and whether Quebec should pursue a path toward sovereignty. The referendum was called by Quebec's Parti Québécois (PQ) government, which advocated secession from Canada.

there..it's sad you don't know any history especially on the guy you seem to admire so much.

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

@kingofsurrey

The new House was very regionally polarized. While the Liberals were shut out west of Manitoba, they were able to win by piling up massive majorities in the two most populous provinces. The Tories won only one seat out of 75 in Quebec while winning 43 percent of the seats in the 4 atlantic provinces.

The 1972 Canadian federal election was held on October 30, 1972, to elect members of the House of Commons of Canada of the 29th Parliament of Canada. It resulted in a slim victory for the governing Liberal Party, which won 109 seats, compared to 107 seats for the opposition Progressive Conservatives. A further 48 seats were won by other parties and independents. On election night, the results appeared to give 109 seats to the Tories, but once the counting had finished the next day, the final results gave the Liberals a minority government and left the New Democratic Party led by David Lewis holding the balance of power.

The 1980 Quebec independence referendum was the first referendum in Quebec on the place of Quebec within Canada and whether Quebec should pursue a path toward sovereignty. The referendum was called by Quebec's Parti Québécois (PQ) government, which advocated secession from Canada.

there..it's sad you don't know any history especially on the guy you seem to admire so much.

What the f... is your point.   Yes, the Liberals won.    What the f are you still whining about....

If you don't believe in democracy ... move to China or Russian for f...s   sake...

IN 1972  it sounds like you were cheering for the Ruskies.....  WTF......

Ryan STrome had one of these up on his  bedroom wall.....

8c9fcbed8b27183eaa429abd3b5fc0eb.gif

Edited by kingofsurrey