The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

JM_

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I have answered it. I'm sorry you can't read that well. Maybe your youngest can teach you.

No.  You didn't. You went off topic.  Attacked me.  Insulted me.  Ignored it. Went on a ramble then claimed some sort of victory

But you never answered it at all.

Do you think it's fair that the Alberta government is cutting services while spending more than the former NDP.  While giving huge breaks to companies that are still leaving, then telling municipalities and private land owners owed hundreds of millions that are begging for help to effectively suffer

Yes

Or

No

Ask #12

Edited by Warhippy

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

No.  You didn't. You went off topic.  Attacked me.  Insulted me.  Ignored it. Went on a ramble then claimed some sort of victory

Do you think it's fair that the Alberta government is cutting services while spending more than the former NDP.  While giving huge breaks to companies that are still leaving, then telling municipalities and private land owners owed hundreds of millions that are begging for help to effectively suffer

Yes

Or

No

Ask #12

I think your forgetting Alberta grows each year......

look at how many people that come to Canada go to Alberta cause they think they will make the big money.....

also Alberta knows how it's bread is buttered, so acourse they will try anything to keep companies in Alberta and those tax breaks are suppose to make it easier for Alberta to attract businesses. That way they make more jobs......

the money thing.....I know  the government has to step in but if there's that many people then they should file a class action law suit against the oil companies or who ever owes them money......also why a class action that way the lawyer fees can be spread out and maybe they can afford a good lawyer.......

Do I think it's fair .......well hippie this isn't the play ground and life is never fair. 

My turn I asked about the japan rail system you were talking about.....would that system be able to handle the harsh winters of Canada ? The snow and ice I mean.....

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

What the f... is your point.   Yes, the Liberals won.    What the f are you still whining about....

If you don't believe in democracy ... move to China or Russian for f...s   sake...

IN 1972  it sounds like you were cheering for the Ruskies.....  WTF......

Ryan STrome had one of these up on his  bedroom wall.....

8c9fcbed8b27183eaa429abd3b5fc0eb.gif

You asked for the info because you have no clue of any political history. 

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Yes

Or

No

Ask #12

I did answer I'm sorry that you can't read.

Maybe 

Question..

Was it fair the ndp in Alberta took a 18 month long royalty review while companies were bleeding money thus causing 90% of all energy projects to be invested in Saskatchewan instead of Alberta which in turn caused tens of thousands of jobs in the energy sector and thousands of jobs including in BC that directly work for the energy sector. 

Yes or no

Maybe have some one read this to you.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

How come it's only oil tankers subject to it?

because they're the biggest risk. 

Harper and Enbridge  tried to force tankers through the stupidest route possible and brought this on Alberta. People in the area were literally shown fake maps with islands missing to try to convince them there were no risks. Thats what created an atmosphere of anti-tanker traffic on the north coast. 

But instead of putting the blame where it belongs you want to be mad at BC and Trudeau. Harper and Enbridge clearly didn't give a crap about the coast and forced people to lobby to protect their part of BC, they had no choice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Harper and Enbridge  tried to force tankers through the stupidest route possible and brought this on Alberta. People in the area were literally shown fake maps with islands missing to try to convince them there were no risks. Thats what created an atmosphere of anti-tanker traffic on the north coast. 

But instead of putting the blame where it belongs you want to be mad at BC and Trudeau. Harper and Enbridge clearly didn't give a crap about the coast and forced people to lobby to protect their part of BC, they had no choice. 

Not to be a dick.....I'm more scared of logging trucks.....those logging roads have been beat to hell too in some areas......or how about those tourists that start forest fires.......

but Alberta is only lobbying like b.c to protect it's interest.......so his anger is just......

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Not to be a dick.....I'm more scared of logging trucks.....those logging roads have been beat to hell too in some areas......or how about those tourists that start forest fires.......

but Alberta is only lobbying like b.c to protect it's interest.......so his anger is just......

no more valuable than anyone else's. 

Strome and the wexiteers are mad that they have a PM they think lies to them and doesn't have their interests at heart. Thats debatable given that Trudeau bought TMX.

In the case of Harper, he openly didn't care and was pushing a dumb route. Even @Ryan Strome has agreed it was a bad route. So what were people on the north coast supposed to do, lay down and bend over for a PM and a company that clearly didn't care? 

36 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so destroying a fishing area from a major spill is "lol" to you? 

37 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

so destroying a fishing area from a major spill is "lol" to you? 

We could have another Japan nuclear meltdown too. That is why safety has to be #1. World oil consumption is about 105 million boe/d. There are 5 refineries in Washington State that use the Juan de Fuca to receive crude and ship refined product out. They have been using the straight for 65 - 70 years.Their combined crude intake is 756,000 boe/d. 

BC has 2 refiners that use about 55,000 boe/d delivered by Trans Mtn. Another 30,000 boe/d of refined product comes down TMX to Vancouver. The current pipe ships about 300,000 boe/d. China takes 90k and Washington 140k. 

TMX upgrade increases volume by 590,000 boe/d. The record shows a solid record of safety. If enhanced environmental protection is needed then it should be done and industry should pay for it.

Using your logic all oil shipments in the St. Lawrence and into Halifax should be banned. Line 5 under Lake Huron should not happen. Where does it end?  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Strome and the wexiteers are mad that they have a PM they think lies to them and doesn't have their interests at heart. Thats debatable given that Trudeau bought TMX.

In the case of Harper, he openly didn't care and was pushing a dumb route. Even @Ryan Strome has agreed it was a bad route. So what were people on the north coast supposed to do, lay down and bend over for a PM and a company that clearly didn't care? 

federal tanker ban that doesn't ban tankers. Just Alberta oil

https://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/braid-a-federal-tanker-ban-that-doesnt-ban-tankers-just-alberta-oil

I think you prefer debate with people who slam Trudeau with no good reason..

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

You asked for the info because you have no clue of any political history. 

I did answer I'm sorry that you can't read.

Maybe 

Question..

Was it fair the ndp in Alberta took a 18 month long royalty review while companies were bleeding money thus causing 90% of all energy projects to be invested in Saskatchewan instead of Alberta which in turn caused tens of thousands of jobs in the energy sector and thousands of jobs including in BC that directly work for the energy sector. 

Yes or no

Maybe have some one read this to you.

No.  You did not

Cute and quote the post you answered it in then.  Start back on page 70 where I started asking.

There's no answer.  At all.

Attacks.  Insinuations.  Outright obfuscation but no answers

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No.  You did not

Cute and quote the post you answered it in then.  Start back on page 70 where I started asking.

There's no answer.  At all.

Attacks.  Insinuations.  Outright obfuscation but no answers

I clearly answered it. Infact I answered before you asked it. Don't take this as an insult but you're a very childish man. Stop following me around it's pathetic. The question is answered if you can't read go get help. Find the fuel receipt?:lol:

15 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Yes or no Strome 

Ask #11 without an answer

When you throw out a blanket yes or no statement, taken out of context and applied in a negative connotation, it shows that you either have a lack of understanding on the matter or you are purposely being intellectually dishonest.  You can decide which one of these grouping you fall into

It is fair the UPC budget has a higher spend? Yes, so what. Just because you portray this as a negative check mark doesn’t mean it is, that’s a far too simplistic outlook.  The OUTCOME of that spend is what is to be judged, not the action of spending.  Spending more is very justifiable in many cases or would you disagree Mr. I spent 17k on camera equipment this year.  Not many people attempt to apply a negative spin on bringing in more revenue but here you are.  And more revenue is exactly what is forecasted the UPC’s evil spend will do.

Is it fair for the UPC to cut service? Yes, again so what.  Alberta has a debt problem and it’s costing us over 2 billion per year.  Sometimes in a household when the income is not coming in the way it was before, you have to curb where you over spend.  I’m assuming you work for yourself.  When you made that jump to start on your own, you likely went out and increased your spend on new gear and marketing…but in the same measure you likely cut back on other areas you figured you could control better.  That’s how budgeting works, in order to spur long term growth sometimes you have to cut back in the short term.  So yes, it is 100% fair.

Did UPC give corp. a tax break?  Yes, and jobs still left, so what.  As much we would like It was never going to save every single job on the market place.  Huskey announce in March (pre election) they were planning on massive job cuts as they hadn’t reduced their employee expense in the past 3 years, despite the market getting worse.  They were overdue and then followed up with Q2 being 800 million below pervious year profits.  So yes job losses were going to happen.  It was nice they job a 250 million tax break and that did reduced the total number of layoffs but no seems to care about that.  As for this tax break creating jobs. I’ve already posted you links of companies stating the tax breaks have helped them expand their job force. 

Companies are leaving due to global market and national issues.  These companies are the backbone of what keeps Alberta going, without them Alberta’s (and Canada’s) quality of life suffers.  There needs to be incentive for them to stay.  You are so quick to call out a plan, but I’m curious as to how you would deal with the situation. 

Did UPC tell municipalities to pound sand? Nope, they didn’t, in fact they have created a reimbursement plan and encouraged municipalities to take legal action.  Again already explained this but long term vs short term strategy.  It’s better to work and put food on the table than to quit and starve.  

Now I know you are going to do exactly what you claim strome is doing, and ignore.  But this isn’t grade 2, context is important. You ignorantly choose to ignore all the important context that was provide simply because it doesn’t jive with your anit UPC rhetoric and It’s beyond your ability to comprehend. that’s sad you don’t care to expand your understanding.  But it’s your life, if you want to close your eyes, cover your ears, and stomp your feet, shouting you’re wrong, who am I to tell you how to live.  Not my type of character or how I’d raise my son but you do you.  Either way you, you might be able to sway some of the other posters on this board that have a even more limited understanding but to people like strome and I who are able to comprehend the full situation, You just look dumb, childish, gullible and extremely uninformed.  People like are you what makes both sides on political debates look bad. 

Until you decide you want to not be so narrow minded maybe you better stick to photography. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We could have another Japan nuclear meltdown too. That is why safety has to be #1. World oil consumption is about 105 million boe/d. There are 5 refineries in Washington State that use the Juan de Fuca to receive crude and ship refined product out. They have been using the straight for 65 - 70 years.Their combined crude intake is 756,000 boe/d.

that makes no sense whatsoever. Japans nuclear industry and Canada's oil industry have no connection.

59 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Using your logic all oil shipments in the St. Lawrence and into Halifax should be banned. Line 5 under Lake Huron should not happen. Where does it end?  

no that isn't my logic. I'm talking about why BC wanted a north coast ban in the first place, which is a topic that you and @Ryan Strome seem to go to pains to avoid.

By ignoring how Harper and Enbridge bungled Northern Gateway you are simply mad at the wrong things and wrong people, and picking the wrong solutions. 

Being mad about Northern Gateway and the tanker ban and using that as a reason to #wexit is whats illogical here. All you're doing is cutting off any rights AB has to "Canada's coast". Its literally cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

federal tanker ban that doesn't ban tankers. Just Alberta oil

https://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/braid-a-federal-tanker-ban-that-doesnt-ban-tankers-just-alberta-oil

I think you prefer debate with people who slam Trudeau with no good reason..

thats a bit dramatic. The immediate solution is right there in the piece - pick routes from the tip of Vancouver Island on down and you're fine, C48 doesn't apply.

I actually like Senator Black, he often has some very practical ideas. He made some significant changes to C69. Even an AB senator voted for C69. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that makes no sense whatsoever. Japans nuclear industry and Canada's oil industry have no connection.

no that isn't my logic. I'm talking about why BC wanted a north coast ban in the first place, which is a topic that you and @Ryan Strome seem to go to pains to avoid.

By ignoring how Harper and Enbridge bungled Northern Gateway you are simply mad at the wrong things and wrong people, and picking the wrong solutions. 

Being mad about Northern Gateway and the tanker ban and using that as a reason to #wexit is whats illogical here. All you're doing is cutting off any rights AB has to "Canada's coast". Its literally cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Jt announced a moratorium during his campaign. So you can say it was bungled and I won't argue that however he made so there would no more negotiations or future plans.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats a bit dramatic. The immediate solution is right there in the piece - pick routes from the tip of Vancouver Island on down and you're fine, C48 doesn't apply.

I actually like Senator Black, he often has some very practical ideas. He made some significant changes to C69. Even an AB senator voted for C69. 

You didn't address why it specifically targeted Alberta. 

Senator Black hated the initial c69 he and many others said it will restart Alberta separation. 

You're giving credit to a bill that needed over 100 amendments and is still hated.

The initial bill was catastrophic to Alberta. I realize you hate Alberta but at least face facts.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Jt announced a moratorium during his campaign. So you can say it was bungled and I won't argue that however he made so there would no more negotiations or future plans.

You didn't address why it specifically targeted Alberta. 

Senator Black hated the initial c69 he and many others said it will restart Alberta separation. 

You're giving credit to a bill that needed over 100 amendments and is still hated.

The initial bill was catastrophic to Alberta. I realize you hate Alberta but at least face facts.

is there some other province beside BC thats producing oil?

I don't hate Alberta or Albertans. I hate the anger and mythology thats destructive, mostly to you guys. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Alberta has so why not.........

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I think your forgetting Alberta grows each year......

look at how many people that come to Canada go to Alberta cause they think they will make the big money.....

also Alberta knows how it's bread is buttered, so acourse they will try anything to keep companies in Alberta and those tax breaks are suppose to make it easier for Alberta to attract businesses. That way they make more jobs......

the money thing.....I know  the government has to step in but if there's that many people then they should file a class action law suit against the oil companies or who ever owes them money......also why a class action that way the lawyer fees can be spread out and maybe they can afford a good lawyer.......

Do I think it's fair .......well hippie this isn't the play ground and life is never fair. 

My turn I asked about the japan rail system you were talking about.....would that system be able to handle the harsh winters of Canada ? The snow and ice I mean.....

Will research this when I'm home.  Japan/China both have rail that goes through high mountain and winter climates so I'd assume a sunken rail or potential weather guard of sorts.

Will confirm when I get home

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

My point bringing Japan up was to demonstrate that risks are associated with all aspects of energy generation. 

I guess I stepped into this convo without going far enough back in the thread. My comments were about TMX and oil going out of the Port of Vancouver. That said if safety concerns could be met shipping from Rupert then I would still be for it. Harper should have over rode objections in the national interests. I didn't even mind BC raising the safety concerns as the discussion brought forward all the concerns. Who makes the final call on safety? Nixing oil shipments from the west coast for political reasons should be a non starter. Much of the environmental concerns are political. Again what is the dif between the west coast and the St. Lawrence and Halifax. A moratorium on off shore drilling in BC is OK but not so off shore the Maritimes. I am not even an Albertan and I can see the inequity of this stuff. 

• Upvote 1