Jimmy McGill

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

13 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I think you meant to say Quebec not Alberta , we will eat our famous Alberta beef thank you lol

Alberta beef tastes like old Nike shoes boiled for 2 days...

People want top quality so i don't really know anyone that buys Alberta beef nowdays.... Maybe they did back in the 1980's .....

Now days i could see Alberta beef being more popular in the pet food industry though.... 

Best beef in the world...  Japan or Argentina....

Edited by kingofsurrey
  • Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Maybe for BCers and folks in Saskatchewan but Alberta independence is nothing new, it's a result of being taken advantage of and now with policies put in place to cripple Alberta it's reached a tipping point imo.

being taken advantage of... that assumes that individuals in provinces have any control over how federal transfer payments work. You're mad at Quebecers but they actually have no say in how GST and resource royalties are collected and redistributed. You're hating on them for stuff out of their control. 

To people in BC C48 is protecting their livelihoods and resources. You want the same for your province. So why you do hate BC for wanting what you want? 

C69 hasn't had a single project test it yet, you can't claim its there to cripple you when it hasn't even done anything yet. 

1 hour ago, kingofsurrey said:

Alberta beef tastes like old Nike shoes boiled for 2 days...

People want top quality so i don't really know anyone that buys Alberta beef nowdays.... Maybe they did back in the 1980's .....

Now days i could see Alberta beef being more popular in the pet food industry though.... 

Best beef in the world...  Japan or Argentina....

youtube oh no you didnt GIF

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Maybe for BCers and folks in Saskatchewan but Alberta independence is nothing new, it's a result of being taken advantage of and now with policies put in place to cripple Alberta it's reached a tipping point imo.

Now that is some master comedy. Comedy gold i say.   Well done. BRAVO !  Take a bow !!!

DismalObeseGeese-max-1mb.gif

7 minutes ago, kingofsurrey said:

Now that is some master comedy. Comedy gold i say.   Well done. BRAVO !  Take a bow !!!

DismalObeseGeese-max-1mb.gif

He won't get it because he only sees JT's policies as the root of the problem.   Not the decades of mismanagement by Albertan PCs and the missteps of the Conservative lord and savior Harper. 

He'll probably post those two bills and say gotcha, take that JT lovers.  Not giving credit to the fact that I also think the Liberals could do better, but given the choices in the past election, JT was the only choice.  Scheer was a trainwreck. 

• Burr 2

Do you think it's fair that the Alberta government is cutting services while spending more than the former NDP.  While giving huge breaks to companies that are still leaving, then telling municipalities and private land owners owed hundreds of millions that are begging for help to effectively suffer 

Yes or no Strome 

Ask #11 without an answer

• Burr 1

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

FFS - you  just bury your head in the ground.   You really need to travel across Canada.

Last time i drove across Canada . - took the Nissan....  drove to Quebec city as i went to summer session there . Loved it. 

Here you go.  If i am going to be your free tutor, can you at least give a starbucks card next xmas......

https://abacusdata.ca/popularity-prime-ministers/

Nothing to do with what you quoted. Lol I don't ride in Nissans thanks.

3 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

So i guess that means you have no link... LOL....

I'll do right now for you. You just showed how little you know. Name one policy you liked PET for. I know you hated TMX Jt approved it and u call him the best pm lol. U r such a fake.

3 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

being taken advantage of... that assumes that individuals in provinces have any control over how federal transfer payments work. You're mad at Quebecers but they actually have no say in how GST and resource royalties are collected and redistributed. You're hating on them for stuff out of their control. 

To people in BC C48 is protecting their livelihoods and resources. You want the same for your province. So why you do hate BC for wanting what you want? 

C69 hasn't had a single project test it yet, you can't claim its there to cripple you when it hasn't even done anything yet. 

C69 was garbage and needed more amendments than any other bill put forward. Senators from all across Canada said it was garbage. Their livelihoods...so the oil dangerous thing is to do with oil lol

59 minutes ago, thedestroyerofworlds said:

He won't get it because he only sees JT's policies as the root of the problem.   Not the decades of mismanagement by Albertan PCs and the missteps of the Conservative lord and savior Harper. 

He'll probably post those two bills and say gotcha, take that JT lovers.  Not giving credit to the fact that I also think the Liberals could do better, but given the choices in the past election, JT was the only choice.  Scheer was a trainwreck. 

Pretty sure I have criticized Harper and the cpc oh and I didn't vote for them either in the last two elections. If you ever stopped obsessing over the Americans and were in a Canadian thread you might see that.

22 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

Do you think it's fair that the Alberta government is cutting services while spending more than the former NDP.  While giving huge breaks to companies that are still leaving, then telling municipalities and private land owners owed hundreds of millions that are begging for help to effectively suffer 

Yes or no Strome 

Ask #11 without an answer

I have answered it. I'm sorry you can't read that well. Maybe your youngest can teach you.

@kingofsurrey

The new House was very regionally polarized. While the Liberals were shut out west of Manitoba, they were able to win by piling up massive majorities in the two most populous provinces. The Tories won only one seat out of 75 in Quebec while winning 43 percent of the seats in the 4 atlantic provinces.

The 1972 Canadian federal election was held on October 30, 1972, to elect members of the House of Commons of Canada of the 29th Parliament of Canada. It resulted in a slim victory for the governing Liberal Party, which won 109 seats, compared to 107 seats for the opposition Progressive Conservatives. A further 48 seats were won by other parties and independents. On election night, the results appeared to give 109 seats to the Tories, but once the counting had finished the next day, the final results gave the Liberals a minority government and left the New Democratic Party led by David Lewis holding the balance of power.

The 1980 Quebec independence referendum was the first referendum in Quebec on the place of Quebec within Canada and whether Quebec should pursue a path toward sovereignty. The referendum was called by Quebec's Parti Québécois (PQ) government, which advocated secession from Canada.

there..it's sad you don't know any history especially on the guy you seem to admire so much.

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

@kingofsurrey

The new House was very regionally polarized. While the Liberals were shut out west of Manitoba, they were able to win by piling up massive majorities in the two most populous provinces. The Tories won only one seat out of 75 in Quebec while winning 43 percent of the seats in the 4 atlantic provinces.

The 1972 Canadian federal election was held on October 30, 1972, to elect members of the House of Commons of Canada of the 29th Parliament of Canada. It resulted in a slim victory for the governing Liberal Party, which won 109 seats, compared to 107 seats for the opposition Progressive Conservatives. A further 48 seats were won by other parties and independents. On election night, the results appeared to give 109 seats to the Tories, but once the counting had finished the next day, the final results gave the Liberals a minority government and left the New Democratic Party led by David Lewis holding the balance of power.

The 1980 Quebec independence referendum was the first referendum in Quebec on the place of Quebec within Canada and whether Quebec should pursue a path toward sovereignty. The referendum was called by Quebec's Parti Québécois (PQ) government, which advocated secession from Canada.

there..it's sad you don't know any history especially on the guy you seem to admire so much.

What the f... is your point.   Yes, the Liberals won.    What the f are you still whining about....

If you don't believe in democracy ... move to China or Russian for f...s   sake...

IN 1972  it sounds like you were cheering for the Ruskies.....  WTF......

Ryan STrome had one of these up on his  bedroom wall.....

8c9fcbed8b27183eaa429abd3b5fc0eb.gif

Edited by kingofsurrey

5 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

I have answered it. I'm sorry you can't read that well. Maybe your youngest can teach you.

No.  You didn't. You went off topic.  Attacked me.  Insulted me.  Ignored it. Went on a ramble then claimed some sort of victory

But you never answered it at all.

Yes

Or

No

Ask #12

Edited by Warhippy

6 hours ago, Warhippy said:

No.  You didn't. You went off topic.  Attacked me.  Insulted me.  Ignored it. Went on a ramble then claimed some sort of victory

Yes

Or

No

Ask #12

I think your forgetting Alberta grows each year......

look at how many people that come to Canada go to Alberta cause they think they will make the big money.....

also Alberta knows how it's bread is buttered, so acourse they will try anything to keep companies in Alberta and those tax breaks are suppose to make it easier for Alberta to attract businesses. That way they make more jobs......

the money thing.....I know  the government has to step in but if there's that many people then they should file a class action law suit against the oil companies or who ever owes them money......also why a class action that way the lawyer fees can be spread out and maybe they can afford a good lawyer.......

Do I think it's fair .......well hippie this isn't the play ground and life is never fair. 

My turn I asked about the japan rail system you were talking about.....would that system be able to handle the harsh winters of Canada ? The snow and ice I mean.....

12 hours ago, Ryan Strome said:

Their livelihoods...so the oil dangerous thing is to do with oil lol

so destroying a fishing area from a major spill is "lol" to you? 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kingofsurrey said:

What the f... is your point.   Yes, the Liberals won.    What the f are you still whining about....

If you don't believe in democracy ... move to China or Russian for f...s   sake...

IN 1972  it sounds like you were cheering for the Ruskies.....  WTF......

Ryan STrome had one of these up on his  bedroom wall.....

8c9fcbed8b27183eaa429abd3b5fc0eb.gif

You asked for the info because you have no clue of any political history. 

7 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Yes

Or

No

Ask #12

I did answer I'm sorry that you can't read.

Maybe 

Question..

Was it fair the ndp in Alberta took a 18 month long royalty review while companies were bleeding money thus causing 90% of all energy projects to be invested in Saskatchewan instead of Alberta which in turn caused tens of thousands of jobs in the energy sector and thousands of jobs including in BC that directly work for the energy sector. 

Yes or no

Maybe have some one read this to you.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

How come it's only oil tankers subject to it?

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

How come it's only oil tankers subject to it?

because they're the biggest risk. 

Harper and Enbridge  tried to force tankers through the stupidest route possible and brought this on Alberta. People in the area were literally shown fake maps with islands missing to try to convince them there were no risks. Thats what created an atmosphere of anti-tanker traffic on the north coast. 

But instead of putting the blame where it belongs you want to be mad at BC and Trudeau. Harper and Enbridge clearly didn't give a crap about the coast and forced people to lobby to protect their part of BC, they had no choice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Harper and Enbridge  tried to force tankers through the stupidest route possible and brought this on Alberta. People in the area were literally shown fake maps with islands missing to try to convince them there were no risks. Thats what created an atmosphere of anti-tanker traffic on the north coast. 

But instead of putting the blame where it belongs you want to be mad at BC and Trudeau. Harper and Enbridge clearly didn't give a crap about the coast and forced people to lobby to protect their part of BC, they had no choice. 

Not to be a dick.....I'm more scared of logging trucks.....those logging roads have been beat to hell too in some areas......or how about those tourists that start forest fires.......

but Alberta is only lobbying like b.c to protect it's interest.......so his anger is just......

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

Not to be a dick.....I'm more scared of logging trucks.....those logging roads have been beat to hell too in some areas......or how about those tourists that start forest fires.......

but Alberta is only lobbying like b.c to protect it's interest.......so his anger is just......

no more valuable than anyone else's. 

Strome and the wexiteers are mad that they have a PM they think lies to them and doesn't have their interests at heart. Thats debatable given that Trudeau bought TMX.

In the case of Harper, he openly didn't care and was pushing a dumb route. Even @Ryan Strome has agreed it was a bad route. So what were people on the north coast supposed to do, lay down and bend over for a PM and a company that clearly didn't care? 

36 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

37 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

We could have another Japan nuclear meltdown too. That is why safety has to be #1. World oil consumption is about 105 million boe/d. There are 5 refineries in Washington State that use the Juan de Fuca to receive crude and ship refined product out. They have been using the straight for 65 - 70 years.Their combined crude intake is 756,000 boe/d. 

BC has 2 refiners that use about 55,000 boe/d delivered by Trans Mtn. Another 30,000 boe/d of refined product comes down TMX to Vancouver. The current pipe ships about 300,000 boe/d. China takes 90k and Washington 140k. 

TMX upgrade increases volume by 590,000 boe/d. The record shows a solid record of safety. If enhanced environmental protection is needed then it should be done and industry should pay for it.

Using your logic all oil shipments in the St. Lawrence and into Halifax should be banned. Line 5 under Lake Huron should not happen. Where does it end?  

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no more valuable than anyone else's. 

Strome and the wexiteers are mad that they have a PM they think lies to them and doesn't have their interests at heart. Thats debatable given that Trudeau bought TMX.

In the case of Harper, he openly didn't care and was pushing a dumb route. Even @Ryan Strome has agreed it was a bad route. So what were people on the north coast supposed to do, lay down and bend over for a PM and a company that clearly didn't care? 

federal tanker ban that doesn't ban tankers. Just Alberta oil

https://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/braid-a-federal-tanker-ban-that-doesnt-ban-tankers-just-alberta-oil

I think you prefer debate with people who slam Trudeau with no good reason..

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

You asked for the info because you have no clue of any political history. 

I did answer I'm sorry that you can't read.

Maybe 

Question..

Was it fair the ndp in Alberta took a 18 month long royalty review while companies were bleeding money thus causing 90% of all energy projects to be invested in Saskatchewan instead of Alberta which in turn caused tens of thousands of jobs in the energy sector and thousands of jobs including in BC that directly work for the energy sector. 

Yes or no

Maybe have some one read this to you.

No.  You did not

Cute and quote the post you answered it in then.  Start back on page 70 where I started asking.

There's no answer.  At all.

Attacks.  Insinuations.  Outright obfuscation but no answers