Jimmy McGill

The DumbBrexit / #Wexit thread

13 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

No.  You did not

Cute and quote the post you answered it in then.  Start back on page 70 where I started asking.

There's no answer.  At all.

Attacks.  Insinuations.  Outright obfuscation but no answers

I clearly answered it. Infact I answered before you asked it. Don't take this as an insult but you're a very childish man. Stop following me around it's pathetic. The question is answered if you can't read go get help. Find the fuel receipt?:lol:

15 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Do you think it's fair that the Alberta government is cutting services while spending more than the former NDP.  While giving huge breaks to companies that are still leaving, then telling municipalities and private land owners owed hundreds of millions that are begging for help to effectively suffer 

Yes or no Strome 

Ask #11 without an answer

When you throw out a blanket yes or no statement, taken out of context and applied in a negative connotation, it shows that you either have a lack of understanding on the matter or you are purposely being intellectually dishonest.  You can decide which one of these grouping you fall into

It is fair the UPC budget has a higher spend? Yes, so what. Just because you portray this as a negative check mark doesn’t mean it is, that’s a far too simplistic outlook.  The OUTCOME of that spend is what is to be judged, not the action of spending.  Spending more is very justifiable in many cases or would you disagree Mr. I spent 17k on camera equipment this year.  Not many people attempt to apply a negative spin on bringing in more revenue but here you are.  And more revenue is exactly what is forecasted the UPC’s evil spend will do.

Is it fair for the UPC to cut service? Yes, again so what.  Alberta has a debt problem and it’s costing us over 2 billion per year.  Sometimes in a household when the income is not coming in the way it was before, you have to curb where you over spend.  I’m assuming you work for yourself.  When you made that jump to start on your own, you likely went out and increased your spend on new gear and marketing…but in the same measure you likely cut back on other areas you figured you could control better.  That’s how budgeting works, in order to spur long term growth sometimes you have to cut back in the short term.  So yes, it is 100% fair.

Did UPC give corp. a tax break?  Yes, and jobs still left, so what.  As much we would like It was never going to save every single job on the market place.  Huskey announce in March (pre election) they were planning on massive job cuts as they hadn’t reduced their employee expense in the past 3 years, despite the market getting worse.  They were overdue and then followed up with Q2 being 800 million below pervious year profits.  So yes job losses were going to happen.  It was nice they job a 250 million tax break and that did reduced the total number of layoffs but no seems to care about that.  As for this tax break creating jobs. I’ve already posted you links of companies stating the tax breaks have helped them expand their job force. 

Companies are leaving due to global market and national issues.  These companies are the backbone of what keeps Alberta going, without them Alberta’s (and Canada’s) quality of life suffers.  There needs to be incentive for them to stay.  You are so quick to call out a plan, but I’m curious as to how you would deal with the situation. 

Did UPC tell municipalities to pound sand? Nope, they didn’t, in fact they have created a reimbursement plan and encouraged municipalities to take legal action.  Again already explained this but long term vs short term strategy.  It’s better to work and put food on the table than to quit and starve.  

Now I know you are going to do exactly what you claim strome is doing, and ignore.  But this isn’t grade 2, context is important. You ignorantly choose to ignore all the important context that was provide simply because it doesn’t jive with your anit UPC rhetoric and It’s beyond your ability to comprehend. that’s sad you don’t care to expand your understanding.  But it’s your life, if you want to close your eyes, cover your ears, and stomp your feet, shouting you’re wrong, who am I to tell you how to live.  Not my type of character or how I’d raise my son but you do you.  Either way you, you might be able to sway some of the other posters on this board that have a even more limited understanding but to people like strome and I who are able to comprehend the full situation, You just look dumb, childish, gullible and extremely uninformed.  People like are you what makes both sides on political debates look bad. 

Until you decide you want to not be so narrow minded maybe you better stick to photography. 

• Upvote 2

59 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

We could have another Japan nuclear meltdown too. That is why safety has to be #1. World oil consumption is about 105 million boe/d. There are 5 refineries in Washington State that use the Juan de Fuca to receive crude and ship refined product out. They have been using the straight for 65 - 70 years.Their combined crude intake is 756,000 boe/d.

that makes no sense whatsoever. Japans nuclear industry and Canada's oil industry have no connection.

59 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Using your logic all oil shipments in the St. Lawrence and into Halifax should be banned. Line 5 under Lake Huron should not happen. Where does it end?  

no that isn't my logic. I'm talking about why BC wanted a north coast ban in the first place, which is a topic that you and @Ryan Strome seem to go to pains to avoid.

By ignoring how Harper and Enbridge bungled Northern Gateway you are simply mad at the wrong things and wrong people, and picking the wrong solutions. 

Being mad about Northern Gateway and the tanker ban and using that as a reason to #wexit is whats illogical here. All you're doing is cutting off any rights AB has to "Canada's coast". Its literally cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Edited by Jimmy McGill
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

federal tanker ban that doesn't ban tankers. Just Alberta oil

https://calgaryherald.com/news/politics/braid-a-federal-tanker-ban-that-doesnt-ban-tankers-just-alberta-oil

I think you prefer debate with people who slam Trudeau with no good reason..

thats a bit dramatic. The immediate solution is right there in the piece - pick routes from the tip of Vancouver Island on down and you're fine, C48 doesn't apply.

I actually like Senator Black, he often has some very practical ideas. He made some significant changes to C69. Even an AB senator voted for C69. 

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

that makes no sense whatsoever. Japans nuclear industry and Canada's oil industry have no connection.

no that isn't my logic. I'm talking about why BC wanted a north coast ban in the first place, which is a topic that you and @Ryan Strome seem to go to pains to avoid.

By ignoring how Harper and Enbridge bungled Northern Gateway you are simply mad at the wrong things and wrong people, and picking the wrong solutions. 

Being mad about Northern Gateway and the tanker ban and using that as a reason to #wexit is whats illogical here. All you're doing is cutting off any rights AB has to "Canada's coast". Its literally cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Jt announced a moratorium during his campaign. So you can say it was bungled and I won't argue that however he made so there would no more negotiations or future plans.

13 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

thats a bit dramatic. The immediate solution is right there in the piece - pick routes from the tip of Vancouver Island on down and you're fine, C48 doesn't apply.

I actually like Senator Black, he often has some very practical ideas. He made some significant changes to C69. Even an AB senator voted for C69. 

You didn't address why it specifically targeted Alberta. 

Senator Black hated the initial c69 he and many others said it will restart Alberta separation. 

You're giving credit to a bill that needed over 100 amendments and is still hated.

The initial bill was catastrophic to Alberta. I realize you hate Alberta but at least face facts.

3 minutes ago, Ryan Strome said:

Jt announced a moratorium during his campaign. So you can say it was bungled and I won't argue that however he made so there would no more negotiations or future plans.

You didn't address why it specifically targeted Alberta. 

Senator Black hated the initial c69 he and many others said it will restart Alberta separation. 

You're giving credit to a bill that needed over 100 amendments and is still hated.

The initial bill was catastrophic to Alberta. I realize you hate Alberta but at least face facts.

is there some other province beside BC thats producing oil?

I don't hate Alberta or Albertans. I hate the anger and mythology thats destructive, mostly to you guys. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy McGill said:

no more valuable than anyone else's. 

Strome and the wexiteers are mad that they have a PM they think lies to them and doesn't have their interests at heart. Thats debatable given that Trudeau bought TMX.

In the case of Harper, he openly didn't care and was pushing a dumb route. Even @Ryan Strome has agreed it was a bad route. So what were people on the north coast supposed to do, lay down and bend over for a PM and a company that clearly didn't care? 

Alberta has so why not.........

• Haha 1
  • Burr 1

2 hours ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I think your forgetting Alberta grows each year......

look at how many people that come to Canada go to Alberta cause they think they will make the big money.....

also Alberta knows how it's bread is buttered, so acourse they will try anything to keep companies in Alberta and those tax breaks are suppose to make it easier for Alberta to attract businesses. That way they make more jobs......

the money thing.....I know  the government has to step in but if there's that many people then they should file a class action law suit against the oil companies or who ever owes them money......also why a class action that way the lawyer fees can be spread out and maybe they can afford a good lawyer.......

Do I think it's fair .......well hippie this isn't the play ground and life is never fair. 

My turn I asked about the japan rail system you were talking about.....would that system be able to handle the harsh winters of Canada ? The snow and ice I mean.....

Will research this when I'm home.  Japan/China both have rail that goes through high mountain and winter climates so I'd assume a sunken rail or potential weather guard of sorts.

Will confirm when I get home

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

My point bringing Japan up was to demonstrate that risks are associated with all aspects of energy generation. 

I guess I stepped into this convo without going far enough back in the thread. My comments were about TMX and oil going out of the Port of Vancouver. That said if safety concerns could be met shipping from Rupert then I would still be for it. Harper should have over rode objections in the national interests. I didn't even mind BC raising the safety concerns as the discussion brought forward all the concerns. Who makes the final call on safety? Nixing oil shipments from the west coast for political reasons should be a non starter. Much of the environmental concerns are political. Again what is the dif between the west coast and the St. Lawrence and Halifax. A moratorium on off shore drilling in BC is OK but not so off shore the Maritimes. I am not even an Albertan and I can see the inequity of this stuff. 

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

6 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

Again what is the dif between the west coast and the St. Lawrence and Halifax.

Have you looked at a marine chart of each area?

It may help to actually see the differences.

Then, having looked at an actual chart, check out the crap Endbridge tried to pass off as their route map.

• Hydration 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

My point bringing Japan up was to demonstrate that risks are associated with all aspects of energy generation. 

I guess I stepped into this convo without going far enough back in the thread. My comments were about TMX and oil going out of the Port of Vancouver. That said if safety concerns could be met shipping from Rupert then I would still be for it. Harper should have over rode objections in the national interests. I didn't even mind BC raising the safety concerns as the discussion brought forward all the concerns. Who makes the final call on safety? Nixing oil shipments from the west coast for political reasons should be a non starter. Much of the environmental concerns are political. Again what is the dif between the west coast and the St. Lawrence and Halifax. A moratorium on off shore drilling in BC is OK but not so off shore the Maritimes. I am not even an Albertan and I can see the inequity of this stuff. 

The difference between the north coast and the St Lawrence is quite large - there's far more traffic out east and ability to respond quickly to a disaster. The difference between Vancouver and the St Lawrence is negligible. TMX makes sense, the risk is already there. 

I do agree on Rupert, it makes complete sense. Had Harper not backed the shortest pipeline route that Enbridge wanted, instead of the one that made the most sense at Rupert, Alberta would have two routes off the coast instead of just the upcoming TMX.

All of this anger and vitriol out of Alberta is causing people to make dumb decisions imo. If AB could simply recognize the faults that lie in the previous approach, and look to a more collaborative effort I think you'd find many in northern BC to be quite interested. But coming at it guns blazing, we're all assholes, etc. well you're just going to get more nothing. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

The difference between the north coast and the St Lawrence is quite large - there's far more traffic out east and ability to respond quickly to a disaster. The difference between Vancouver and the St Lawrence is negligible. TMX makes sense, the risk is already there. 

I do agree on Rupert, it makes complete sense. Had Harper not backed the shortest pipeline route that Enbridge wanted, instead of the one that made the most sense at Rupert, Alberta would have two routes off the coast instead of just the upcoming TMX.

All of this anger and vitriol out of Alberta is causing people to make dumb decisions imo. If AB could simply recognize the faults that lie in the previous approach, and look to a more collaborative effort I think you'd find many in northern BC to be quite interested. But coming at it guns blazing, we're all assholes, etc. well you're just going to get more nothing. 

I don't think so....

Once JT feels that money rope tighten around his neck , he will push it threw no matter what and who he pisses off.....

That will take time though, wait until the other provinces go threw what Alberta is......

In time all of Canada will turn against b.c is that fair no but that's probably what will happen.....

JT has to he in a corner with his back against the wall for his balls to drop......

• Burr 1

4 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

As I said either it is safe or it is not. Enbridge doesn't make that call. I am sure there are forces out there that would try and down play the environmental risks. 

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

is there some other province beside BC thats producing oil?

I don't hate Alberta or Albertans. I hate the anger and mythology thats destructive, mostly to you guys. 

Well Saskatchewan...but you're missing the point. It's not a tanker ban. It's a f.u to Alberta. 

Edited by Ryan Strome

4 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

I don't think so....

Once JT feels that money rope tighten around his neck , he will push it threw no matter what and who he pisses off.....

That will take time though, wait until the other provinces go threw what Alberta is......

In time all of Canada will turn against b.c is that fair no but that's probably what will happen.....

JT has to he in a corner with his back against the wall for his balls to drop......

TMX is in the bank. Even if Trudeau loses the next election PM P-Mac will push it through.

The fact is Alberta has NEVER tried a collaborative approach to getting a pipeline through BC. But sure stay mad, #wexit all the way, yada yada. 

1 minute ago, Ryan Strome said:

Well Saskatchewan...but you're missing the point. It's not a tanker ban. It's a f.u to Alberta. 

because Harper said fu to BC first. 

Just now, Jimmy McGill said:

TMX is in the bank. Even if Trudeau loses the next election PM P-Mac will push it through.

The fact is Alberta has NEVER tried a collaborative approach to getting a pipeline through BC. But sure stay mad, #wexit all the way, yada yada. 

It means more then that though......

people are tired of the east making all the rules and never even giving a damn about them......

• Upvote 1
  • Burr 1

8 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

In time all of Canada will turn against b.c is that fair no but that's probably what will happen....

No way, we are too pretty.

BC is a wonderful part of Canada. All of Canada is welcome to come here and enjoy an amazing area of their home. Or retire, grab a piece of the best coast in the world and fish your worries away. 

• Hydration 1

Just now, bishopshodan said:

No way, we are too pretty.

BC is a wonderful part of Canada. All of Canada is welcome to come here and enjoy an amazing area of their home. Or retire, grab a piece of the best coast in the world and fish your worries away. 

That's why B.C stands for bring cash lol

3 minutes ago, RowdyCanuck said:

It means more then that though......

people are tired of the east making all the rules and never even giving a damn about them......

so being lied to from Calgary is better?