The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dear Mr. Eriksson

Rate this topic

Johnny Torts

On 11/10/2019 at 12:45 AM, CptCanuck16 said:

All I'm saying is he made his NHL debut in the 2013-14 season and has seen no significant NHL playing time until last season with the Canucks. Meaning he wasn't good enough to make the big squad in TO permanently. He's fine as a $1.5m bottom six guy but he doesn't belong on the PP or out in OT. I will give him credit for that nifty SO goal he had that won it for Van. That was a slick move. But the post I was originally replying to said "you don't put AHL trash on the 2nd line" referring to Loui. So I was merely pointing out that Leivo is basically an AHL player and he was in fact playing up with Horvat for a time last night in the Peg.

If he gets 35 points this season I'll eat a Canucks jersey. That's how confident I am that it won't happen. 20 maybe, but certainly not 30+. His PP line would actually have to score some goals for that to happen.

I look at Leivo as a slightly less skilled, but bigger, more well rounded and durable version of Sven Baertschi. There's almost always a spot on an NHL club for a guy like that. Even after today's loss, he's still on pace for 36 points. As ugly as it sounds, he's one of the best bottom 6 players we've had over the last couple years and can fill in on the 2nd line in a pinch.

35 points isn't out of the realm of possibility if he stays healthy IMO

12 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

giphy.gif

Eriksson got to play with the Sedins and failed

That's when you know your NHL career is on the decline lol

I know you're a big Loui E fan but come on. 2nd line?

Maybe in Utica. :towel:

Ok, who came up with the idea to play a combo that is excellent on a large rink but useless with a lot of hard hitters coming at you on a small rink? 

I'm not a big fan of Loui but I haven"t seen him in a role that fits him. 

You can't put a sguare peg into a round hole... 

Edited by Timråfan
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

giphy.gif

Eriksson got to play with the Sedins and failed

That's when you know your NHL career is on the decline lol

I know you're a big Loui E fan but come on. 2nd line?

Maybe in Utica. :towel:

I agree - ericksin   was a failure from his first shift scoring on his own net.  Right there - at the moment in time, we knew we had a basket case on our hands.  The writing was on the wall!   Hope he has some manly courage to admit defeat and sail back to the Euro leagues - where he can't cause any more damage.

5 minutes ago, Timråfan said:

Ok, who came up with the idea to play a combo that is excellent on a large rink but useless with a lot of hard hitters coming at you on a small rink? 

I'm not a big fan of Loui but I haven"t seen him in a role that fits him. 

You can't peg a round object into a square hole... 

So what exactly is this "correct deployment" that he's always whining about not being used for?

If his "round hole" is so specific that NONE of the roles he's been used in have come to fruition.. maybe he's just a limited-skill player who is clearly well past his prime?

I'm pretty sure even if he was on a line with Gretzky and Gordie Howe he could still manage to put up a 0-0-0-0-0-0 stat line like he usually does so I'm really tired of hearing about this "he's not used correctly" excuse

Edit: LOL @ "I'm not a big fan of Loui". Come on bud. We've all seen the Eriksson player thread!

Edited by BrockBoester
  • Cheers 2

1 hour ago, RU SERIOUS said:

I agree - ericksin   was a failure from his first shift scoring on his own net.  Right there - at the moment in time, we knew we had a basket case on our hands.  The writing was on the wall!   Hope he has some manly courage to admit defeat and sail back to the Euro leagues - where he can't cause any more damage.

Yeah he reminds me of Booth. Bit of a headcase,  like he's playing in his own world. I don't feel he has any chemistry with anyone on any lines he's been put on.

1 hour ago, BrockBoester said:

So what exactly is this "correct deployment" that he's always whining about not being used for?

One or two other posters have talked about it. More like his role before the Canucks. 

If his "round hole" is so specific that NONE of the roles he's been used in have come to fruition.. maybe he's just a limited-skill player who is clearly well past his prime?

Wich role has he been put in where he had time to build the communication with the other players? 

Horvat suffer from same coaching. Constant flipping different lines. 

Can you figure out why the Sedins were so damn good? 

I'm pretty sure even if he was on a line with Gretzky and Gordie Howe he could still manage to put up a 0-0-0-0-0-0 stat line like he usually does so I'm really tired of hearing about this "he's not used correctly" excuse

This is pure $&!# not worthy of a person believing he is intelligent. 

If you want to be absurd be more believable. :bigblush:

Edit: LOL @ "I'm not a big fan of Loui". Come on bud. We've all seen the Eriksson player thread!

And I've said a fair few times(with Dahlen also) that it's not about Loui. Gudbranson and Pouliot suffered from Greens tactics also. But I knew too little about those  players to be more active in defending them against aggressive posters. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BrockBoester said:

The press box is a pretty good deployment for a lazy, soft, useless malcontent who couldn't score if he was walking down Hastings with a wallet full of hundreds. 

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I'm not a big fan of Loui but I haven"t seen him in a role that fits him

You can't peg a round object into a square hole... 

big brother lol GIF by Global TV

• Haha 1

Getting really tired of the LE is lazy stuff. Guy is ripped and has a constant effort both on the forecheck and on D. 

That said, he has lost a step which was apparent at the worlds last season and definitely this season. It is what it is, he’s far from the only FA signed to a long contract that’s just a cap waste for the final years. I’m sure Ferland and Myers will get there eventually (although their contracts were signed by a more experienced GM and easier to handle). 

Just a shame LE didn’t score 20+ goals for his first three seasons here, then I’d be ok with it and he’d probably have an easier decision to hang them up.