The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Canucks VS Kings, October 30, 2019 -- "Don't Lose to a Team Like That!" Edition

Rate this topic

therodigy

This team’s success is a testament to JB’s rebuilding style.. will be interesting to see how it pans out over the year / years to come.  

No one higher than 5th OA.. (Horvat, Pettersson, Virtanen, Hughes) and while Jake is an important piece he’s not a front liner.  Lots of pieces brought in via trade or UFA to the chagrin of a vocal negative portion of the fan base... plus some pieces retained that people wanted sold away for picks.

No tank. No “pick stockpile”... but still a top quality prospect pool.  It should make people rethink what constitutes a “proper rebuild” though I doubt it will.

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TheInsideScoop said:

Wonder if gaud gets some action, or even baer? Depending on ferland 

They've sent Baer down to give him time to regain confidence and start playing without any fear again.  I don't think that he's a guy we'll see until later this year.  

Wouldn't be shocked to see Zach MacEwen up for a cup of coffee. 

Just now, -AJ- said:

Miller legitimately looks like a 1st line forward, not even just a 2nd line guy we hoped would be good enough for the 1st line. Crazy that on a line with Boeser and Petey, he's not even close to being a passenger.

I had no idea he was this fast.  Flys all over the ice, goes to the dirty areas, no real weakness.  Great add.

Just now, -AJ- said:

Miller legitimately looks like a 1st line forward, not even just a 2nd line guy we hoped would be good enough for the 1st line. Crazy that on a line with Boeser and Petey, he's not even close to being a passenger.

He's looking like a Landeskog-type complimentary piece to a top line.

I was very critical of the trade but I'm happy to eat crow so far. Hopefully he continues it. 

• Cheers 1

Just now, -AJ- said:

I always liked Miller before he came here.  Basically a winger version of Horvat which I thought would be perfect on the top line seeing how good Pettersson Boeser and Horvat looked when they played together last year

• Upvote 1