The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[discussion] Loui Eriksson + Adam Gaudette for Andrew Ladd + Bode Wilde

2 hours ago, Canuckster86 said:

trade Eriksson to Chicago for Seabrook with retention. Chicago GM has proven in the past to give up high draft picks or Good young players to dump a contract.

Seabrook has a longer dea, which isn't ideal. If we got him around 4m or so I would say we trade Tanev at the TDL and hope Seabrook can play with Quinn in some 5-5 hockey then use him on the PK. Also, would allow Stecher to play more minutes for us too.

Its not ideal to take a longer term contract back as we have players to sign upcoming, so I doubt the Canucks do such a trade now. Maybe in the summer if they chose to lock up EP and QH to new deals they have a better idea of their cap going forward then you try to get Chi to retain 50% and still add...

seabrook lol  I rather keep loui   seabrook is terrible   

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

No.

Too much of a CAP hit for Ladd.

And he isn't the player he used to be.

2nd, we don't have room for Wilde... we have Olli Juolevi coming up, we have Tryamkin potentially arriving, etc.

And finally, Gaudette is just starting to become the player he can be... now is the wrong time to give up on him.

He is on a steady upward curve... he is already an NHL player, and he could be a very good one.

We need one more year of development of Gaudette to show exactly what we have.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

It’s funny.

This thought had actually crossed my mind.

I would be okay with that, providing Kesler goes on permanent LTIR.  I still believe Loui is going to retire soon. I expected before this season, as he wouldn't report to the AHL, but it's looking like he will retire (now) after his July 2020 bonus is paid.  

I've suggested here that Loui has made a gentleman's agreement with our owner/JB that if the Canucks keep him up here for this season he will retire after that July bonus.  

Just now, *Buzzsaw* said:

No.

Too much of a CAP hit for Ladd.

And he isn't the player he used to be.

2nd, we don't have room for Wilde... we have Olli Juolevi coming up, we have Tryamkin potentially arriving, etc.

And finally, Gaudette is just starting to become the player he can be... now is the wrong time to give up on him.

He is on a steady upward curve... he is already an NHL player, and he could be a very good one.

We need one more year of development of Gaudette to show exactly what we have.

Hockey Gaud is 23.  JB already said that teams win the cup with a lot of players between the ages of 25 and 33.  Gaud is just coming into that zone.  I can see him really being an important support piece to our young core (Petey, Hughes, Bo, Bess, Demko) over the next 5 to 7 years.  We need guys like him to take the place of Sutter and Beagle, when those guys age out.  

8 hours ago, Chicken. said:

I almost spat my coffee out when I saw the thread title. we should keep gaudette he is blossoming into a stud 

I did spit my coffee out when I saw who the author of the thread was.

Edited by sonoman

9 hours ago, Chicken. said:

I almost spat my coffee out when I saw the thread title. we should keep gaudette he is blossoming into a stud 

True, but the same can be said for Wilde can it not?.......and Wilde plays a position where the Canucks need more long term help on (right side D).  

I love Gaudette, but couldn’t one make the following argument?

1) Sutter should continue to be a decent 3rd line C option for this team (in case of injuries, you could have someone like Miller move to the Middle).

2) Tyler Madden has a very good chance of being where Adam Gaudette is today, two years from now (when Sutter would presumably leave or be moved from the Canucks).

Therefore, as much as we love Gaudette, and as much as he could continue to grow, it would make just as much sense to trade Gaudette for an asset where the Canucks need more long term help (ie right D).

Now - do Eriksson and Gaudette alone get you Ladd and Wilde?   Probably not.  Nucks would need to add a bit.    However - assuming that Ladd’s extra year on that contract doesn’t hinder the Canucks cap wise (to a point where we wouldn’t be able to extend some of our young core RFA’s/UFA’s), then I’d strongly consider this.

Ladd might be a shell of what he once was, but he’s a natural leader and he’s won a cup (intangible attributes that this organization values).   

Big no to this deal..Ladd is not much of up grade, Ladd would not make team have more talented players a head of him? Pointless trade? 

Wilde for Gaudette = No we have several D man in system., Juolevi, Brisebois, Rafferty, saunter, Rathbone, Chatfield, Woo

Benning will not make this move....Just accept we might have to live with Ericksons deal for next 2 yrs, last year will be easier to get out of contract...

Edited by wildcam

3 hours ago, Hindustan Smyl said:

So says the guy who implied that Elias Pettersson has the equivalent value of 80’s Gretzky. ;)

You saying he doesn't?

Also you sent me a PM that just said "you're gay" - was that you asking for a date or something?

Because I'm definitely not interested.

Cheers!

13 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

You saying he doesn't?

Also you sent me a PM that just said "you're gay" - was that you asking for a date or something?

Because I'm definitely not interested.

Cheers!

Yes.   Elias Pettersson, as promising as he is, does not and would not have the same value as the greatest player in the history of our sport and one of the greatest athletes of all-time.     

I apologize for the Pm that I sent you, but comparing Petey to Gretzky (value wise, not stylistically) is ludicrous.   Having said that, I should not have insulted you and for that I do apologize.

Just now, Hindustan Smyl said:

Yes.   Elias Pettersson, as promising as he is, does not and would not have the same value as the greatest player in the history of our sport and one of the greatest athletes of all-time.     

I apologize for the Pm that I sent you, but comparing Petey to Gretzky (value wise, not stylistically) is ludicrous.   Having said that, I should not have insulted you and for that I do apologize.

Well you never know.. Petey might just break a few of the ol' great one's records when all is said and done.

Just praying his whole career will be in the Canucks green and blue.

And no worries about the message but I just wanted to make it clear I wasn't interested.

Remember! We are all Canucks :emot-parrot:

• Cheers 1

At this point the only way i would even consider trading Gauds if it was in a package for a Top right pairing dman with at least 2-3 years left on his deal for example Dumba or a legitimate top 6 player. Personally i would monitor Josh Anderson in Columbus. 

Just my opinion. 

Edited by KKnight