Sign in to follow this  
LegionOfDoom

Van-NYI -proposal

Feel like islanders are a very solid team but varlamov is not a number 1 goalie, as much as I love marky I’m beginning to feel super confident in demko taking the reigns, this probably won’t be a very popular suggestion but the thoughts of having ferland rousell and clutterbuck on our team is dreamy.... so here is my proposal 

Van:

markstrom 3.67

Pearson 3.75

gaudette .916

NYI:

Greiss 3.33

Beauvillier 2.1

Clutterbuck 3.5

• Confused 2

1 Thomas Greiss 6 331 12 2.18 4 1 0 0 0 162 0.931
40 Semyon Varlamov 6 332 14 2.53 4 2 0 0 0 157

You might not think Varlamov is a #1 goalie....but some might argue that Greiss is or will become their #1.   Solid season last year too.

Anyways, I don't see why we make that trade, nor why NYI does it either..  Beauvilier not a bad prospect but I don't see the incentive for either side to swap him an Gaudette.

24 minutes ago, LegionOfDoom said:

Feel like islanders are a very solid team but varlamov is not a number 1 goalie, as much as I love marky I’m beginning to feel super confident in demko taking the reigns, this probably won’t be a very popular suggestion but the thoughts of having ferland rousell and clutterbuck on our team is dreamy.... so here is my proposal

:sadno:

No, people need to stop trying to trade Marky. For a fanbase that cries about being a goalie graveyard we sure are in a rush to get rid of any good goalies. Or maybe it's just the younger fans that don't realize how nice of a commodity a good goalie is. 

5 minutes ago, timberz21 said:
1 Thomas Greiss 6 331 12 2.18 4 1 0 0 0 162 0.931
40 Semyon Varlamov 6 332 14 2.53 4 2 0 0 0 157

You might not think Varlamov is a #1 goalie....but some might argue that Greiss is or will become their #1.   Solid season last year too.

Anyways, I don't see why we make that trade, nor why NYI does it either..  Beauvilier not a bad prospect but I don't see the incentive for either side to swap him an Gaudette.

Isn't Greiss like 32 or 33? 

• Hydration 1

Interesting proposal, that (actually) had me thinking for .0000001th of a second.

:sadno:

• Hydration 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, BrockBoester said:

I swear to Bure if I see another trade Markstrom thread I'm gonna lose my $&!# lol

I can give you a Depends for that.  (not too good if you ate chili though; just warning you)  :towel:

:sadno:   806569297_nooo.jpg.306d5a8a5e77797f90f43541cdeb3f59.jpg

another day another trade the goalie thread  and we don't have cap space to do your trade , gaudette is valuable to us because he doesn't require waivers